Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for doing the 7-minute Partition? I did this week's with an LFG fireteam and it seemed pretty quick, but didn't get the triumph. Only having 1 shot/week kinda sucks.

This week's (with the bomb defusing and sparrow racing) is super easy with a void hunter. If you go invisible, you can just walk right up to the bombs and defuse them. The only thing you need to actually fight is the last boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

They're (slowly) addressing all the poo poo wrong with neptune, but they didn't start where it matters:

Please god adjust the loving red border drop rate, this is horseshit

they didnt adjust Throne World i dont think, people just dont care about the weapons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it’s easy to come in well under 7 minutes even solo

I did it with a strand titan, Leviathan, and always on time. For each defuse, ignore the enemies and get next to the bomb as quickly as possible, use suspend or some other suppress/disorient thing to shut down all the nearest defenders, then do the defuse and run. The boss actually has very little health so you can pop him in the face with heavy while sidling towards the mid-fight defuses and he probably won’t bomb you to death or fill the arena with enough adds to be a problem before you trigger it

The only hard part is defuse 3, which has 2 cyclops and a barrier champ on the bomb, but, again, one area shutdown should give you time to hit it

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

^burtle posted:

they didnt adjust Throne World i dont think, people just dont care about the weapons

They adjusted wellspring, and the other throne world weapons dropped from deepsight chests as well as gold patrols.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

It's because throne world weapons required 1, 2 or 3 patterns instead of 5, OP

And Fynch absolutely bombarded you with those guns compared to Niggardly Nimbus

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Niggardly Nimbus

i have never in my entire life seen or heard someone use the word "niggard" in good faith so even though it has a distinct and separate meaning this post is still pretty loving :chloe:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

They're (slowly) addressing all the poo poo wrong with neptune, but they didn't start where it matters:

Please god adjust the loving red border drop rate, this is horseshit
They probably aren't bothering since it will be "solved" next season by the "upgrade to deepsight" thing

I feel like the system is probably going to feel less goofy when it's in place and you just kind of go do it when you get a copy of a gun, or it's just gonna be a little bit goofy for guns that you can only get from Xur cause thats just kind of how it goes for sunset stuff and doesn't seem that much goofier from when we used to stow deepsight for mats later, or how we might stow raid guns to get around their mat cap.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

i have never in my entire life seen or heard someone use the word "niggard" in good faith so even though it has a distinct and separate meaning this post is still pretty loving :chloe:

I don't want a derail here but just a heads up that it is actually Not Good to do what you are doing

I'm sure you mean well but basically you are doing a Michael Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjpG4HjO30

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Kith posted:

lmao, c'mon dude

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

nah gently caress off

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

nah gently caress off

gently caress off yourself and stop trying to create drama and label someone as racist when they aren’t.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

This rules

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress off yourself and stop trying to create drama and label someone as racist when they aren’t.

that's not what i said but :ok:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not the problem its everyone else, I say to myself as I drive my monster truck up the bicycle lane while watching youtube on my phone.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for doing the 7-minute Partition? I did this week's with an LFG fireteam and it seemed pretty quick, but didn't get the triumph. Only having 1 shot/week kinda sucks.

They made some change to make it repeatable - either through being able to redo the bounty or Nimbus gives you another thing that lets you do partition.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just did it as a sstrand lock just doing what was posted earlier and suspending anything close to the defuse. Took a couple of goes mostly cos I'm a bad driver :/

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I did the campaign three times for the red border weapons. Managed to get 5 of the one i really wanted (Round Robin) a few weeks ago and thats it. If I could get that fifth iterative loop to drop sometime before next season that'd be great.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Remove deepsights and make the pattern unlock after you've trashed x copies of the gun.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Remove deepsights and make the pattern unlock after you've trashed x copies of the gun.

:hmmyes:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

you take apart enough computers, eventually you learn how they go back together.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Necrobama posted:

you take apart enough computers, eventually you learn how they go back together.

Based on my early PC building experiences, my Guardian would assemble the gun with the barrel pointing backwards at least twice. But hey, that's what Ghosts are for.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Cheap Trick posted:

Based on my early PC building experiences, my Guardian would assemble the gun with the barrel pointing backwards at least twice. But hey, that's what Ghosts are for.

"i smell burning plastic"

"it's fine dude, just pull the trigger"

/!\LAST GUARDIAN STANDING/!\

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

This just gave me a horrible thought of Bungie introducing weapon degradation, to increase Player Engagement™

"Darkness has fallen upon your weapon..."

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Cheap Trick posted:

This just gave me a horrible thought of Bungie introducing weapon degradation, to increase Player Engagement™

Yeah, they could call it something dumb like "sunsetting"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No lie my friend, they have basically done that like four times now

Also since day 1 of witch queen I've been a big proponent of "Don't let Dismantling become a part of the Crafting economy" because it can only lead in a stupid direction...

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Cheap Trick posted:

they reintroduce the gun parts as a currency to fix your gun without having to fly back to the tower to have banshee do it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man at some point I hope the Lore supports us being able to reshape our weapons at the tower, or in space, instead of going to Year Five's Throne World

I wonder if it's for mechanical reasons the way the HELM is sequestered

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

"Trust me, I've taken apart enough Oryxes to know how to put one back together again as a sick gun."

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

"Trust me, I've taken apart enough Oryxes to know how to put one back together again as a sick gun."

Jackass, but it's set in the Destiny world

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
As if that's not cannon. How many guardians have you pushed off ledges in the tower or even in a raid? Emoting in the face of an angry hive god. A guardian knock knock joke is probably wanton murder followed by high fives.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

As if that's not cannon. How many guardians have you pushed off ledges in the tower or even in a raid? Emoting in the face of an angry hive god. A guardian knock knock joke is probably wanton murder followed by high fives.

oh god, a friend of mine has a steadfast refusal to manage his vault from either the official app or DIM and i am absolutely not the kind of "sit around patiently for 20 minutes while you gently caress with your vault" kind of player and i end up amusing myself by seeing what weird obscure corners i can push him into as far from the vault terminal as possible

you can get a good launch on someone off the neomuna platform where nimbus is with a good sparrow hit, too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cheap Trick posted:

Reminds me of the pistol in Cursed Halo. (it shoots backwards)

The latest update added a very big pistol (its just scaled up a whole bunch and does ridiculous damage), and honestly, it's probably what a Heavy slot sidearm or HC should be.

Necrobama posted:

oh god, a friend of mine has a steadfast refusal to manage his vault from either the official app or DIM and i am absolutely not the kind of "sit around patiently for 20 minutes while you gently caress with your vault" kind of player and i end up amusing myself by seeing what weird obscure corners i can push him into as far from the vault terminal as possible

you can get a good launch on someone off the neomuna platform where nimbus is with a good sparrow hit, too.
"push my friend into a weird corner of the tower/dungeon/etc. while they're afk/busy in a menu" is a great game

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Cheap Trick posted:

a few other posts have already implied this but diegetically crafting is grabbing the memory of the weapon, so your Guardian doesn’t personally need to have any understanding of all the bits and bobs—you’re just pulling it out of history where it once existed

funnily enough that lore actually makes a bit more sense of pattern collecting (you need enough variations to be able to get all the options) and dismantling (you can’t physically produce the memory while the object still exists)

Im cringe

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

a few other posts have already implied this but diegetically crafting is grabbing the memory of the weapon, so your Guardian doesn’t personally need to have any understanding of all the bits and bobs—you’re just pulling it out of history where it once existed

That makes sense, but I'm also having a chuckle at Banshee-44 facepalming while my Guardian blows herself up yet again with a rocket launcher that she reassembled

"Do not kill the cringe. Kill the part of you that cringes" - Sun Tzu

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 17, 2023

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

funnily enough that lore actually makes a bit more sense of pattern collecting (you need enough variations to be able to get all the options) and dismantling (you can’t physically produce the memory while the object still exists)

Im cringe

You don't actually have to dismantle red bars to get the pattern. Not that there's much need to keep them around once you get the craftable one, but if you get a good roll you can just extract the pattern and keep the gun

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man at some point I hope the Lore supports us being able to reshape our weapons at the tower, or in space, instead of going to Year Five's Throne World

I wonder if it's for mechanical reasons the way the HELM is sequestered

I was under the impression the HELM is sequestered for story reasons, so the actors can walk in and do their weekly radioplays without spoiling anything for someone walking in.

I miss when the seasonal stuff was part of the tower but at least its less weird with the HELM in orbit. Flying to the hanger next door always felt odd.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

They probably aren't bothering since it will be "solved" next season by the "upgrade to deepsight" thing

I feel like the system is probably going to feel less goofy when it's in place and you just kind of go do it when you get a copy of a gun, or it's just gonna be a little bit goofy for guns that you can only get from Xur cause thats just kind of how it goes for sunset stuff and doesn't seem that much goofier from when we used to stow deepsight for mats later, or how we might stow raid guns to get around their mat cap.

Whatever they're cooking up is assuredly going to be absolutely stupid and/or borderline nonfunctional.
And they're going to triple down on it being none of those things, instead of just taking the simpler route.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Whatever they're cooking up is assuredly going to be absolutely stupid and/or borderline nonfunctional.
And they're going to triple down on it being none of those things, instead of just taking the simpler route.
They've described what its going to be so I dont really foresee how it can be non-functional.

At worst, it will be stupid by means of cost or limitations on how often you can do it.

If the simpler route is "make drop rates better" I have mixed feelings cause I don't really like non-deterministic systems because RNG is a gently caress.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Necrobama posted:

hosed up that they fixed the part of the tower that got hosed up in the Rasputin event, much harder to push AFK people to their death now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

MJeff posted:

hosed up that they fixed the part of the tower that got hosed up in the Rasputin event, much harder to push AFK people to their death now.

*almighty

Unless another part got hosed up.