Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
The Bombers are all grown up!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is that the guy that wants you to give 50 crickets to a girl in Hateno

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

:lmao: no wonder he became Hyrule's First MRA Incel

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Lol I hope you get to recruit sandshoe guy too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will destroy all of Hyrule with Buckethead and Fedora elf.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hey guys, Ultrahand420 here with an absolutely OP Beedle build

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

sure we love this guy now but wait till his anonymous twitter account is uncovered

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Man, some BotW enemies really have too much HP. I came across a white Lynel (near the big dino skeleton in the far north of the map), and mechanically it wasn't too tough, but a full flurry attack with my strongest 2-handed weapon did a barely visible amount of damage and any time it hit me it destroyed like 10+ hearts (and I was using a defense elixir). I ended up reloading a save because it just wasn't worth the resource expenditure; I would have gone through at least 3 of my highest quality weapons (I'm not good enough with arrows to reliably set up the thing where you climb on his back) + a bunch of healing food. Or alternatively a bunch of bomb arrows; it's hard to say which would be less "expensive" overall.

Speaking of mechanics, the white Lynel doesn't seem to use its arrow attack much. It only used it once at the begging of the fight (with a thunder arrow). This is good, since that arrow attack is by far the hardest to avoid. Instead he used a fireball attack (that was easy to avoid by just sidestepping) and this explosion attack that was also pretty easy to get away from since it's so heavily telegraphed.

I just started taking on the white ones. Need those guts. I farm durians for these occasions. Just cook a bunch of single ones and accept I could blow through a bunch. With 23 hearts I still need it after one shot from these assholes.

I opt for an attack boost because as you mention it takes forever without decent weapons and the defense boost doesn't help much anyway. The ones in the snow areas are also a pain because you'll probably be wearing the warm armor instead of barbarian. Blowing through a ton of durians is fine but blowing through a few 50+ weapons is different, although you should get a powerful weapon when you win at least.

I think I lost a 72 claymore and 50 broadsword after the first one. But what am I saving them for? Lynels I guess.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

As an aside, the Master Sword bolt attack is just pitif in BotW. Zelda 1 Link would probably muder BotW Link.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah that's how I came to terms with the resource expenditure, Lynels are the toughest thing to fight and unless I'm actively stocking up best weapons incorrectly thinking the final boss might be tough enough to need em, then themose weapons are basically there to beat up lions

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just did a snow area Lynel and I just put on my good armor because the cold damage seemed pretty insignificant and slow compared with the poo poo the Lynel was doing, plus I was needing to heal a lot anyway. Link can suck it up.

But in four weeks I'll be building suicide vehicles to take them out instead :sickos:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope we get some more S tier enemies to go with Lynels and such. It’s time for the Darknuts to return…

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1647971193834676269

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Is he a weeb?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus posted:

I think this is the best look we've gotten of these tall structures scattered around the map. They look like giant swords planted in the ground, with wind coming up from beneath them. Maybe these are spots where you'll be able to enter the underground areas?

came up with an alternative theory: they’re giant cannons built by Purah that will shoot Link up into the sky

Cartoon Man posted:

I hope we get some more S tier enemies to go with Lynels and such. It’s time for the Darknuts to return…

Gleeok will probably be really fun to fight

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I like samurai dorf and gladiator link. e: and caveman zelda.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 17, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If they had hitboxes for arrows like in OoT the lynels would be easy but you really got to aim in this one. Now excuse me while I try to shoot this mystical flying dragon in the face six times from a hang glider.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The bit of his cloak/one sleeve thing reminiscent of Wind Waker Ganondorf's kimono makes it look like Fat Ganon was just cultivating mass in preparation for getting super loving yoked

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alexa, please alert me the first time you see a tweet with the word "Gannondaddy" in it, and block that person

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cartoon Man posted:

Darknuts and Wizzrobes!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Alexa, please alert me the first time you see a tweet with the word "Gannondaddy" in it, and block that person

Same, except bookmark.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

The bit of his cloak/one sleeve thing reminiscent of Wind Waker Ganondorf's kimono makes it look like Fat Ganon was just cultivating mass in preparation for getting super loving yoked
The Uncle Iroh Method

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

its u

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Wizzrobes were in BOTW but they kinda sucked and were annoying.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

precision posted:

Darknuts and Wizzrobes!

We already have Wizzrobes, they're those creepy dancing elemental wizard guys that drop the magic rods (gently caress the Lightning Wizzrobes so so much)

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

glassyalabolas posted:

Is he a weeb?

I... coveted that dakimakura, I suppose

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Asterite34 posted:

(gently caress the Lightning Wizzrobes so so much)

I ended up getting a complete set of Rubber Armor first, before any of the rest

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

WarpDogs posted:

He WAS the prophesized king of a civilization of all-female Amazons, that's sorta harem anime adjacent I guess...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WarpDogs posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Mods, rename this poster "Gannondaddy"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

glassyalabolas posted:

Is he a weeb?

“Link, you deny your Master Sword it’s true purpose!”

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

Mods, rename this poster "Gannondaddy"

:haibrower:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Asterite34 posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its happening

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Those Ganon gams

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gettin thirsty for dat Gannondussy.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Objectify Ganondorf all you want, but I’m just gonna keep a note of it the next time someone cries over a female Xenoblade character or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

After everyone was thirsting for shirtless Link in 2017, now everyone's thirsty for shirtless Ganon in 2023. The Twink-Daddy Pendulum continues to swing...