Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I don't know how I ended up here.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Small government, limited regulations, laissez-faire

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry: Transphobia
Overall Worst

Though to be fair, there's literally zero effort to conceal it, so it may not count.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

As someone who owns an EV, I can confirm that every time I drive it, I burn a flag and hold a latte. Oddest requirements to start the car, but there you go.

It makes it very hard to steer though.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
"Latté", please. :lofty:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hop in loser, we’re getting top surgeries.

(The average age of transgender surgeries for minors is 17, with that being heavily in the 15-17 range. I mean, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand that bottom surgery on a prepubescent kid is going to have logistical problems, and top surgery is just nonsensical.)

But hey! Nothing really grab people’s attention like showing an eight-year-old being dragged in for surgery.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand that bottom surgery on a prepubescent kid is going to have logistical problems
Unless the kid is an infant and intersex, then it just takes a pediatric urologist and a badly informed set of beliefs, even if that causes long term problems.

But you never hear the usual suspects complaining about that.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kikas posted:

I am looking and I'm having a hard time finding anything on why did teens gather at the Loop. Was it to commemorate last years shooting? Not from the US so I haven't heard anything about it.
All the news are about the shooting or FOX being assholes towards teens.

Chicago elected a mayor who might not be awful. First the incumbent didn’t carry through to the runoff, which was already hilarious, but then the progressive won over the centrist democrat. (This is Chicago, so republicans didn’t even place.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Political Cartoons 2023: Disconsolate Dicks

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the NHS under the Conservatives – The health service is beset by low pay and staff shortages as the next general election heaves into view"

Telegraph:

"Starmer has done the impossible: the Tories are in with a real chance"; ‘Deadly’ smart motorways axed by Rishi Sunak

Times:

Labour vows to issue more attack adverts targeting Rishi Sunak

Evening Standard:

Sunak admits failings on teacher numbers as he recommits to ‘maths to 18’ plan; 12-hour A&E wait crisis in London and yet more strikes on way

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Tangled web by Song Chen

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
"It's not going to be that easy to just turn the page!"

Charlie Hebdo

"My fellow countrymen..."
Macron is speaking on his "victory" regarding pension reform. He will undoubtedly be a condescending rear end as usual.

Something to with American protectionism.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Trans men is not a thing according to Branco.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

(The average age of transgender surgeries for minors is 17, with that being heavily in the 15-17 range. I mean, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand that bottom surgery on a prepubescent kid is going to have logistical problems, and top surgery is just nonsensical.)

But hey! Nothing really grab people’s attention like showing an eight-year-old being dragged in for surgery.

Honestly not sure which would be more frustratingly disingenuous; The current narrative of "Your child of single-digit age is being tricked/coerced/forced into this" or if they had decided to opt for a bunch of slack jawed dimwit teenagers who are only transitioning because that's the latest TikTok trend.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

(This is Chicago, so republicans didn’t even place.)

They did they just ran under the D label

Like the previous mayor did.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

Honestly not sure which would be more frustratingly disingenuous; The current narrative of "Your child of single-digit age is being tricked/coerced/forced into this" or if they had decided to opt for a bunch of slack jawed dimwit teenagers who are only transitioning because that's the latest TikTok trend.

Not to mention: Why are they coercing kids to transits?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

I'm actually surprised Ishida hasn't gone full Horsey on homeless people yet.

Demanding the unhoused be rounded up and executed to protect property values is a pretty big deal with the MAGA/Q-anon types, although maybe he's one of the atypical ones who doesn't actually own any property and therefore has no personal stake in exterminating the homeless.

Homeless people are useful pawns to concern troll about every so often when the subject is something like foreign aid. "Why are we sending so much money to these countries overseas when there are homeless veterans in the US?" They don't actually care about homeless veterans, of course, but pretending that they do allows them to push their agenda. And so Tats is just doing the same thing, pretending to care about homeless people because it lets him attack trans people.

Alhazred posted:

To destroy traditional gender roles, family units and morality/cause chaos in society.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Family and gender roles are Good, because they are from God, which is the sole source of Good, and transgender people subvert these and are therefore Evil, and from The Devil, and must be purged accordingly because there can only be Good and no nuance about it. Transgender people do what they do because they are Evil, with no other possible understandable motive, and therefore forcing kids to become transgender against their will is well within their wheelhouse because they are Evil and no foul deed is beyond their ability.

The Republican mentality becomes a lot easier when you understand the two-pole alignment system their brains operate under.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Randalor posted:

As someone who owns an EV, I can confirm that every time I drive it, I burn a flag and hold a latte. Oddest requirements to start the car, but there you go.

It makes it very hard to steer though.

I drive a hybrid so I just kind of singe the flag and I dump out half the latte.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The excuse is “it’s big money” but I did the math, and there’s more kids with ADHD in America than the entire transgender population. It feels like a lot of heavy lifting to carve out a new market.

Ritalin was the old “diagnoses kids for the big bucks” scare, and even that seems like an easier sell than telling parents to adjust to changing a lot about their kids. And that’s still bullshit, but at least like, quasi-plausible bullshit?”

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Alhazred posted:

Marching orders directly from Satan.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Pants Donkey posted:

The excuse is “it’s big money” but I did the math, and there’s more kids with ADHD in America than the entire transgender population. It feels like a lot of heavy lifting to carve out a new market.

Ritalin was the old “diagnoses kids for the big bucks” scare, and even that seems like an easier sell than telling parents to adjust to changing a lot about their kids. And that’s still bullshit, but at least like, quasi-plausible bullshit?”

The big bucks from trans people come from trans adults needing to get surgery to fix not getting the right hormones as kids. Also, my adhd pills cost way more than the dirt cheap generic hormones I take.

It's also very interesting how the idea of big pharma pushing trans medicine compares to the reality of a sparse network of care spread very thin, with some people needing to travel huge distances to see a doctor who will provide care.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 17, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Holy poo poo, I just noticed that Tats gave the White House press secretary lizard eyes.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Dr. Stab posted:

It's also very interesting how the idea of big pharma pushing trans medicine compares to the reality of a sparse network of care spread very thin, with some people needing to travel huge distances to see a doctor who will provide care.

Making it all a big medical conspiracy is conservatives' way of fitting happy trans people into their grand narrative, I think. Like, a transgender person saying that transitioning was a good thing that made them happy kinda flies in the face of their whole "gender-affirming care is a blood-and-guts horror show that everyone grows to regret" rhetoric. So, to dismiss those peoples' claims, there needs to be a widespread conspiracy, where the happy trans person was forced to think that way, by powers beyond their control. They're so brainwashed, they don't realize what harm they've actually been caused!

Plus, transphobes have an active interest in portraying trans-related care as something that is easily-available and rapidly-occurring, since that keeps everyone nice and panicked. You always need to be vigilant, because you might have a well-behaved Christian daughter on Sunday, but then a teacher tells her she's trans on Monday, and she's scheduled for a double mastectomy on Friday.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
gun spider is my spirit animal

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

gun spider is my spirit animal

It's a powerful symbol that shouldn't be overused.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

You could replace the sign on the side with FREE VACCINES and the exact same people would be just as mad.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Penny Wong gave a talk at the National Press Club yesterday. Australia wants to ensure 'strategic equilibrium' in Asia, says Foreign Minister Penny Wong (ABC).

Rowe:

Wilcox:

The memorial service for cartoonist Bruce Petty was yesterday.

Lethbridge:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers.

Spooner:

Jacinta Price calls for federal takeover of child protection, claims Indigenous kids being sent back to abusers (Guardian). "Coalition senator echoed Peter Dutton’s accusations of child sexual abuse in Alice Springs and reiterated her opposition to the Voice".

Also: Like Captain Planet with marsupials: First Dog on the Moon steps on stage (Guardian).

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

There is nothing about this picture that does not strike me as exactly what should be in this picture, for better or for ill

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Kikas posted:

I am looking and I'm having a hard time finding anything on why did teens gather at the Loop. Was it to commemorate last years shooting? Not from the US so I haven't heard anything about it.
All the news are about the shooting or FOX being assholes towards teens.

This is the article I found:

https://ktxs.com/news/nation-world/...firearms-arrest

"The cause of the wave of violence and unrest – which saw car windows broken, bystanders beaten, cars set ablaze, and shots fired – is unknown, although authorities believe it was spurred by fliers posted on social media that simply called for a teen meetup."

The theory is that it was a social media meetup that escalated. Another relevant quote: "...gun violence tends to go up as it gets warmer and young people escape from sweltering apartments and homes."

Two teens were shot during the unrest. A woman alleges that her husband was beaten up. There have been no reported deaths that I know of.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

Jacinta Price calls for federal takeover of child protection, claims Indigenous kids being sent back to abusers (Guardian). "Coalition senator echoed Peter Dutton’s accusations of child sexual abuse in Alice Springs and reiterated her opposition to the Voice".
Protecting children from abusive parents is important but with the racial overtones and given this is Spooner drawing it I'm going to assume the actual message is "we need to continue the genocide and keep kidnapping aboriginal kids".

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

Holy poo poo, I just noticed that Tats gave the White House press secretary lizard eyes.

His putting conspiracy lizard people in the comic isn't a new phenomenon. He has been on board with anti-Semitic poo poo for awhile now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Protecting children from abusive parents is important but with the racial overtones and given this is Spooner drawing it I'm going to assume the actual message is "we need to continue the genocide and keep kidnapping aboriginal kids".
The "No" boat is key, what happened is Peter Dutton headed off to Alice Springs to campaign against the Voice to Parliament and generally pissed people off by taking genuine problems there and turning it into his own political football.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos - Here Comes the Sun

Dave Whamond

Dave Granlund

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Whoever Said Life Was Cheap?

Who said that life is cheap? Is that a thing anyone has ever said? In the context of mass shootings?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Oh cool we're doing "all young people are stupid weirdos" are we now, Jeff?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh cool we're doing "all young people are stupid weirdos" are we now, Jeff?

He's just a silly goofball who just happened to hang around a bunch of Nazis, have a ton of guns, and leak classified info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The worse part about the leak cartoons is no one is mentioning that the guy only leaked that poo poo so he can win an argument on the internet.