Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

After everyone was thirsting for shirtless Link in 2017, now everyone's thirsty for shirtless Ganon in 2023. The Twink-Daddy Pendulum continues to swing...

This is the main conflict of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ganondorf's sexy era will not be complete until they make him not suck in smash

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I thought everyone was thirsting after shirtless mario in 2017.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Objectify Ganondorf all you want, but I’m just gonna keep a note of it the next time someone cries over a female Xenoblade character or something.

waiting for the ai trump, biden, and obama debate video on the premise of Ganondaddy.

for reference:
https://reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/11bjev3/biden_and_trump_aregue_about_xenoblade_chronicles/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:perfect:

Senrab
May 10, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

I thought everyone was thirsting after shirtless mario in 2017.

Mama MIA.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey, anything that keeps people from making horny Splatoon art

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Squids don't have horns

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Objectify Ganondorf all you want, but I’m just gonna keep a note of it the next time someone cries over a female Xenoblade character or something.
The Triforce of Power is not consent

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

Squids don't have horns

And yet here we are...

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Maybe link should tritalking to ganondorf.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Man, BoTW has so many little details. I just found out by accident that the girl at East Akkala Stable who wants you to bring her the blue flame in under 3 minutes gives you an extra 20 rupees if you finish the challenge while it's raining.

I only did that because the weather changed just as I was lighting the torch, but I'll take it :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just want more dodge-counter skills. Flurry is so boring after 100 times.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I think I lost a 72 claymore and 50 broadsword after the first one. But what am I saving them for? Lynels I guess.

That's true (about there not really being any higher-class enemies to save them for), though it'd still be nice if I felt like I was just trading one weapon for the better Lynel one, instead of trading two for one (which is a much more questionable trade).

I'll try it again with my top quality attack food. That probably makes more sense, since IIRC enemies can't one-shot you and it always leaves you with a quarter of a heart (so you have time to eat a baked durian/truffle or whatever).

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

For 16 years link, while you drove trains, i studied the blade and now hyrule is on fire and the bloodmoon is at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for dungeons

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wide Ganondorf

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Icedude posted:

Man, BoTW has so many little details. I just found out by accident that the girl at East Akkala Stable who wants you to bring her the blue flame in under 3 minutes gives you an extra 20 rupees if you finish the challenge while it's raining.

I only did that because the weather changed just as I was lighting the torch, but I'll take it :v:

Lol I thought it always changed, wouldn't the whole thing just walking to the end if no weather to deal with?

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Ganondilf

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is Skyward Sword HD with the control scheme that maps the motion controls to the right stick? I’ll probably play that at some point but Joycon drifting is an issue

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

That's true (about there not really being any higher-class enemies to save them for), though it'd still be nice if I felt like I was just trading one weapon for the better Lynel one, instead of trading two for one (which is a much more questionable trade).

I'll try it again with my top quality attack food. That probably makes more sense, since IIRC enemies can't one-shot you and it always leaves you with a quarter of a heart (so you have time to eat a baked durian/truffle or whatever).

imo, you shouldnt look at fights from a pure-efficiency standpoint and instead should do them if they look like fun.

Ignoring that tho, youre "trading" those 2-3 good weapons for a great melee weapon, one of the best bows in the game, and a nice collection of parts that can be used for multiple things. Id say thats still a good trade

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

RatHat posted:

How is Skyward Sword HD with the control scheme that maps the motion controls to the right stick? I’ll probably play that at some point but Joycon drifting is an issue

Fwiw my Zelda fan friend tried SS on the Wii, picked up SS HD bc the Wii controls werre annoying, and ended up using motion controls on the Switch.

Idk if that means the Switch controls are better, my friend is crazy, or the SS designers regarded motion controls as an acquired taste

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Marx Headroom posted:

Fwiw my Zelda fan friend tried SS on the Wii, picked up SS HD bc the Wii controls werre annoying, and ended up using motion controls on the Switch.

Idk if that means the Switch controls are better, my friend is crazy, or the SS designers regarded motion controls as an acquired taste

The Switch controls are a lot better, you can center the cursor whenever you want which is a huge upgrade.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Overbite posted:

Maybe link should tritalking to ganondorf.

There is a critical issue with this idea

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yeah, I played SS on the WiiU with a real Wiimote and on the Switch with motion controls and it was better. Still not perfect but entirely comfortable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Remind me but WW Ganondorf was kinda not interested in hurting anyone right? I don't remember his whole speech but I faintly recall him looking at Link and being like 'man I'm not gonna kill you or anything I'm just going to yoink the power to give my Hyrule a second chance.' and only snapping when the King Instant Transmissioned over to the triforce first

I kinda wonder what it would have been like if he succeeded and really did keep his word of not really being interested in hurting anyone.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Remind me but WW Ganondorf was kinda not interested in hurting anyone right? I don't remember his whole speech but I faintly recall him looking at Link and being like 'man I'm not gonna kill you or anything I'm just going to yoink the power to give my Hyrule a second chance.' and only snapping when the King Instant Transmissioned over to the triforce first

I kinda wonder what it would have been like if he succeeded and really did keep his word of not really being interested in hurting anyone.

You are misremembering. He seems tired and annoyed but he's absolutely down for some child violence and graphically beats the poo poo out of Link before that bit.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

frodnonnag posted:

there's a ton of characterization that got cut from the switch version of links awakening because they didn't include the photographs. Not including those is a huge mark against the game.
K, now I'm definitely never buying it.

I just found out Cyan's new game Firmament is releasing right around the time of BOTW so there goes all my leisure time after May for the next several months.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wind Waker Ganondorf kidnapped pointy-eared children as part of a plot to obtain the Triforce, restore the old world, and steal the wind from Hyrule for his people. In the best-case Ganondorf Wins scenario the new society built atop the Great Sea falters and fails, the people move back to Hyrule, but the kingdom falls apart because nothing can grow because the wind has been stolen. He's a bad guy.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Zore posted:

You are misremembering. He seems tired and annoyed but he's absolutely down for some child violence and graphically beats the poo poo out of Link before that bit.

He does specifically say "I'm not going to hurt you" when he's taking Link's Triforce.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
WW Ganondorf also regularly back handed noted small child Tetra in that fight, and the whole thing started with him sending a big dumb rear end bird to kidnap every blonde on the seas.

Plus he destroyed an island, that looked like it might have had people on it.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 17, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

He does specifically say "I'm not going to hurt you" when he's taking Link's Triforce.

He says "Do not fear. I will not kill you."

Which is right after he throws him around like a rag doll for a bit. And almost killed him twice earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH0edL96ZsY

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 17, 2023

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Caidin posted:

WW Ganondorf also regularly back handed noted small child Tetra in that fight, and the whole thing started with him sending a big dumb rear end bird to kidnap every blonde on the seas.

Plus he destroyed an island, that looked like it might have had people on it.

Well, a big point of WW is that Ganondorf's goal is kinda silly. He wants to conquer Hyrule, a dead and unpopulated land at the bottom of the sea. There's no point anymore, but he still has to do it. He's Ganon, trying to conquer Hyrule is all he knows how to do. It's a dispute between sad old men that these kids are drawn into but ultimately reject, looking to the future instead of clinging to the past.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Well, a big point of WW is that Ganondorf's goal is kinda silly. He wants to conquer Hyrule, a dead and unpopulated land at the bottom of the sea. There's no point anymore, but he still has to do it. He's Ganon, trying to conquer Hyrule is all he knows how to do. It's a dispute between sad old men that these kids are drawn into but ultimately reject, looking to the future instead of clinging to the past.
It's so beautiful. I'm almost upset they made a sequel. The hopeful future was where they should've left it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Link went on to sail with Linebeck and drive trains, Zelda got to pilot a Darknut, perfectly fine timeline.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Caidin posted:

Link went on to sail with Linebeck and drive trains, Zelda got to pilot a Darknut, perfectly fine timeline.

Train Link and Ghost Zelda are a couple generations after Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass and their adventures take place in New Hyrule which is another continent they found while exploring the ocean.

And also it had a major demon problem that they fixed by sealing the demons up with train tracks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Switch controls are a lot better, you can center the cursor whenever you want which is a huge upgrade.
Unless you're referring to a specific instance I'm not remembering, you could do this on Wii too because it didn't actually use the sensor bar. I'm sure it's improved for the Switch, though.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
One of the big pros for SS motion controls on the Switch is that the sensors in the Joycons are way better than the ones in the nunchuck for the left hand gestures.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

:emptyquote: