Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

wilderthanmild posted:

the first question from the hotel would be "Why didn't you call the cops?"

maybe they just weren't that bloodthirsty

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Clocks posted:

The wife already feels threatened by him hanging out with Anne... hmm, how can we alleviate these concerns? I know, let's lie about whether we're hanging out with her and then also lie about the reasons we lied!

Guys, why is my wife so mad and can't trust me? :downs:

Like, I'll believe him he's not having an affair or anything, but holy poo poo he's making himself out to be the sketchiest motherfucker. (Also I'm biased because my cheating ex totally lied about who he hung out with so he could cheat. She is right to be mad imo even if he's not actually cheating.)

From the OP

quote:

She doesn't like them, I don't think there's much more about that. Jacob and her had a small fight when we first started dating and my other friends took his side, her problem with Anne is that she's a woman and she thinks she likes me although she doesn't and it's been years since I've had a thing for her.

Maybe I'm weird but I can't imagine being in a situation where my spouse and my small group of friends don't get along at all. It makes me think either the friends suck or the wife sucks. But why would you marry someone who doesn't mesh with the rest of your personal life?

Edit: oh, there we go:

quote:

They were arguing about politics

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tangentially related to boat guy but I remember there was a story about this woman who was basically screaming every 10 seconds every time she was a passenger in a car.

Another car just barely ran a red light? "He could have killed us! AHHHH."

Car on the side gets just a smidge too close? "Get further away GET FURTHER AWAY"

In those cases... yeah, I can see losing a bit of sympathy. But that's also something to uh, get them help for. And maybe not have them as a passenger.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I think the part in boat guy's post about his fiancee screaming that it was his fault that they're going to die deserves more attention. That's the kind of thing that would make me rethink a relationship for sure

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Kit Walker posted:

I think the part in boat guy's post about his fiancee screaming that it was his fault that they're going to die deserves more attention. That's the kind of thing that would make me rethink a relationship for sure

Haha good catch. One of those things you say when you think you're dying, but turns out to be really awkward if you do survive.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tangentially related to boat guy but I remember there was a story about this woman who was basically screaming every 10 seconds every time she was a passenger in a car.

Car on the side gets just a smidge too close? "Get further away GET FURTHER AWAY"

In those cases... yeah, I can see losing a bit of sympathy. But that's also something to uh, get them help for. And maybe not have them as a passenger.

Reminds me of a Jack Handy deep thought:

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

My wife holds on to the car seat whenever I go faster than 60 mph or am changing lanes or if there’s an adjacent vehicle. It’s obviously not as vocal as your example but it’s pretty annoying as well. That said I think it’s kinda hard for some people to change their instinctive reaction about giant murder vehicles.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

when my girlfriend drives and she doesn't stop soon enough or waits too long to stop I start pressing an imaginary brake pedal on my side.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

In addition to not being in control as a passenger, I think it's instinctive to worry about the other person in the situation as well. So that can lead to heightened anxiety. It's sort of a protective response.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

When I was a kid one of my mom's friends had been in a car accident and freaked out all the time in cars. Once she was sitting next to me, screamed and smashed her elbow into my face "trying to protect me" from the oncoming car that was going like 5km/h while we were backing out of a space in a parking lot.

Fun times.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My aunt will take her hands off the wheel to “protect” whoever is in the passenger seat.

She’s been in a ton of accidents

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Consummate Professional posted:

My aunt will take her hands off the wheel to “protect” whoever is in the passenger seat.

She’s been in a ton of accidents

And think of all the passengers she's saved. A truly selfless hero :patriot:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kit Walker posted:

If someone goes full on panic screaming fight or flight in my car, their rear end better be good at tuck & roll

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA (M20) for not going inside Victoria’s Secret with my girlfriend (F20)

quote:

I (M20) was shopping at the local mall with my girlfriend (F20) and she decided she wants to go to Victoria secret. For those of you who don’t know, that’s a women’s underwear store. When my girlfriend went in I just stayed outside of the store and sat on a bench. She was confused and came back to me and asked why I didn’t come with her. I told her because it’s a women’s underwear store I don’t want to go inside. She got kind of mad and told me that nobody cares so just come. I refused because I feel weird going into a store like that and don’t want to make the women there feel uncomfortable. My girlfriend get upset and decided to end the day and go home. She said I ruined the day by not going into a freaking store.

afterward she invited me in for some coffee and got mad when i said i don't drink coffee

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

quote:

Because there’s women in there shopping for underwear I just think it would be weird if I was in there

OP just can't stop thinking about vaginas.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s a dummy for not going into the ladies underwear store but she’s also kinda nuts for getting mad about it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Foo Diddley posted:

afterward she invited me in for some coffee and got mad when i said i don't drink coffee

The benches outside always have a bunch of bored dudes waiting for their so to finally pick something out. No, not even underwear can make going clothes shopping with someone else interesting.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Tell her you’re allergic to the color pink.

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008
Lurking in this thread is such a kaleidoscope of maladjustment. Just an infinitely tesseracting train wreck of human behavior.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

MSB3000 posted:

Lurking in this thread is such a kaleidoscope of maladjustment. Just an infinitely tesseracting train wreck of human behavior.

And there's also posts from r/relationships!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

MSB3000 posted:

Sorry about that, I haven't had my coffee. And if you don't buy that I'm sorry for my psychotic posting.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Found a picture of her and her husband:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Vegetable posted:

He’s a dummy for not going into the ladies underwear store but she’s also kinda nuts for getting mad about it.

I'd be pissed too if I planned a whole trip to the sexy underwear store with my partner only for it to be completely derailed when it turns out they were such a weird prude that they couldn't even get through the door.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

But what if he catches the gay and starts feeling an urge to wear women's underwear? Then he won't be an alpha male but a beta-cuck.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'd be pissed too if I planned a whole trip to the sexy underwear store with my partner only for it to be completely derailed when it turns out they were such a weird prude that they couldn't even get through the door.
By his account they were just walking around the mall. But sure, it is possible she basically planned it around the underwear shopping.

I also think maybe the right approach about someone’s sexual squeamishness is communication. I can’t get onboard with this stomping off poo poo.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ReelBigLizard posted:

There is nothing less sexy than shopping in Victoria's Secret.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Vegetable posted:

If he's willing to follow her around in any other store then he's being weird and doing some toxic masculinity poo poo if this is where he draws the line.

Fun fact: you do not even need a chaperone to go into a ladies' lingerie store! You could be a solo guy there buying a gift (or hell something for yourself, idk).

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I dunno, what if it was a man trying to drag his gf/wife into the underwear shop when she didn't want to go

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

wheatpuppy posted:

True, but I don’t think that trying to figure out bra sizing was really on the dude’s mind

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

wheatpuppy posted:

Obviously, but you don't know that when you're that age, and the first time in a relationship shopping for anything bedroom related can be an exiting time still. I think she thought it was going to be a fun surprise, have a nice time picking something out, getting home later and having fun "trying it out".

These days with my wife we just go into the sex shops and compete to find the waggliest silicone dong and make the other one laugh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lt. Danger posted:

I dunno, what if it was a man trying to drag his gf/wife into the underwear shop when she didn't want to go

They are at a mall already. Whether either party wants to go into a shop doesn’t actually change much. Not like he can go home until she gets out

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lt. Danger posted:

Victor’s Confidence

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Lt. Danger posted:

If the only reason the woman didn't want to go into the men's underwear shop because it might make the men shopping in there uncomfortable to see a woman? Sure that would be just as weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Honestly I don’t understand why he was comfortable awkwardly waiting outside.

Just a dude by himself outside a lingerie store seems weirder for him

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Just a dude by himself outside a lingerie store seems weirder for him
This is common to the point of cliche.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

odiv posted:

This is common to the point of cliche.

I mean so is guys going into a lingerie shop by this point but here we are

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

When my GF will go into a clothing store or whatever to peruse I'll just wait outside but I'll tell her and she prefers it. It's not so much that I'm embarrassed to be in there but I have no opinion on or interest in the stuff she's shopping for so it's better for me to wait patiently for her outside rather than looming around bored out of my mind.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just start fondling the mannequins and she’ll never ask again.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

hosed around:

AITA for ignoring father's demands to apologize to obnoxious farmer neighbors?

quote:

I [18f] live with my parents, and we moved last year away from a big city to a cheaper more rural community in the Midwest, since my dad's retired now and money goes further here, to finish up my last year of high school. We have by far the smallest lot out here, but most of our "neighbors" are farmers with quite a bit of land.

I don't feel like I fit in well with the neighbors and have had some arguments with some of them and their kids. They're up early making noise every morning with farm machinery, yelled at me for listening to rap music loud in the car late at night (it was only 9 or so) with a friend from high school, and most recently they let one of their cows get into our yard when it was grazing while I was out in the backyard, and I gave them a dirty look and stood there while they tried to get it back.

Recently I guess he talked to my dad and gave him some sort of redneck "we don't take kindly" speech about my "behavior" and that wasn't how things operated round these parts, and for me to apologize.

So my dad asked me to, but I refused, because I think they're in the wrong towards me. I saw him out back one day and he asked me if I had anything to say about my attitude, and I said "I haven't done anything wrong to you, I just think you should respect other people's property boundaries." So he said "alright, have it your way" and walked off.

Well...

Dad and I left town for spring break, but when we came back we noticed construction was heavily under way (almost complete) on a large shed structure right up against the property line, maybe 20 feet from our house.

My mom asked a woman who lives a bit further down if they knew what it was about, and they said "oh, yeah...guess the word is that they've had some trouble with your daughter and they've made the decision to put in a pig barn."

My parents freaked out, asked around and heard this was a known tactic to drive out unwanted neighbors and very effective...dad called the city and asked about odor nuisance laws and what can be done, but was told the area is "zoned agricultural" and that it was more of an "honor-system" thing that farmers wouldn't do that without more land, but technically he was allowed to have up to 200 pigs on the property...he asked the neighbor if he would reconsider but he said that the order of pigs is already scheduled and his mind was made up.

Now my dad is furious with me, and frantic about what to do, but I don't think it's my fault. I told him to just ignore it and just try to deal with it. They already have plenty of cows and horses. A barn of pigs is just one more addition, it's not going to drive you out of your house.

But he's acting like he's going to have to sell the house for 1/2 the price, and it's all my fault.

AITA?

tl;dr wouldn't apologize to annoying farmer neighbors, now they're building a pig barn against our property line, dad thinks world is ending and it's my fault

Found out:

quote:

I was starting to hope maybe he wouldn't follow through on the threat, but the pigs arrived a couple days before the Easter weekend. Not 200 as we feared (I think that's just the legal limit, not how many he ever said he would get), but certainly more than a few, I'd say around the 75-100 range.

Reddit was right, they stink! It's like a rotten food and sour milk smell in addition to the sewage/manure smell. And I think they build the barn to vent the smell towards our house.

At first I thought it'd be manageable but now it feels like it's just...everywhere? I started playing white noise from my computer to drown out all the noise they make but I haven't found anything that works on the smell. My parents are complaining about it a lot and trying not to talk about it in front of me but I can tell it's really bothering them.

It's especially bad in my bedroom (the room closest to the barn, I can see it right out the window), I don't how the smell gets through the window or if it's imperfect insulation but I feel like my stuff and clothes is developing the smell now...it's gross

I'm glad my parents aren't throwing it in my face but I wonder how much longer this is sustainable if it keeps getting worse at this rate, it seems like it gets worse every day. My dad forgot and opened the windows in the kitchen before dinner for Easter and we got immediately blasted with this vile pig stench smell and closed them immediately but the smell seems to hang around in the house...

TLDR: farmer made good on his threat, trying to figure out how to deal with pig stench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Runcible Cat posted:

hosed around:

AITA for ignoring father's demands to apologize to obnoxious farmer neighbors?

Found out:

:perfect: