Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This isn't really bitching so much asking for consistency

If you don't wanna call interference in the playoffs, I'm fine with that. But like...why is it even in the rulebook at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Stars playing parts of this overtime like they need new batteries in their controller.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pleads posted:

There's no better display of the NHL's Stanley Cup officiating than a guy who is openly being bear hugged by a defenseman having his goal called back because his stick was technically too high.

I mean… if he wasn’t being held he still couldn’t have tipped the puck legally so I don’t know what’s “technical” about it

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Koopa Kid posted:

I mean… if he wasn’t being held he still couldn’t have tipped the puck legally so I don’t know what’s “technical” about it

It was just the slow-mo view from centre ice of "none of this is illegal until this guy's stick touched the puck too high." A perfect encapsulation that the refs will let the subjective things go but the objective penalties do not see leniency.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess interference is to prevent every play being icing, is my best guess? Knocking a dude away from an otherwise routine pass?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Man I'd be losing my mind as a Dallas fan. They've been jobbed on a bunch of non calls this game.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Seriously though. gently caress these refs

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lol a blatant trip missed to close out OT1

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pleads posted:

It was just the slow-mo view from centre ice of "none of this is illegal until this guy's stick touched the puck too high." A perfect encapsulation that the refs will let the subjective things go but the objective penalties do not see leniency.

Right certainly there’s a million things that can be called penalties and aren’t in OT because the refs are cowards, but there’s just no world where that particular shot could have turned into a good goal because that review is automatic and the rule doesn’t allow interpretation unlike nearly everything else

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FunOne posted:

Stars playing parts of this overtime like they need new batteries in their controller.

all the wild players keep falling down by the dallas backboards

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

Man I'd be losing my mind as a Dallas fan. They've been jobbed on a bunch of non calls this game.

Stars fan checking in - mind lost.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well Dallas left it to OT but they finally won a period.. too bad no goals were forthcoming.

Minnesota was completely off the rails there, they couldn't clear a puck out of their zone clean that entire period.. Too bad Dallas couldn't capitalize :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah both sides have been looking really sloppy and winded

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Ginette Reno posted:

Now you understand how we feel all the time in regards to the refs

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ginette Reno posted:

Yea, they've been real bad

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

My row is emptying out. I'm staying til the end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm posting from inside the stadium and I haven't had anything to eat, drink, and I probably should pee at some point

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Koopa Kid posted:

Right certainly there’s a million things that can be called penalties and aren’t in OT because the refs are cowards, but there’s just no world where that particular shot could have turned into a good goal because that review is automatic and the rule doesn’t allow interpretation unlike nearly everything else

I ain't fuckin saying it should have counted because of playoff leniency. The opposite. Call the hold!

I hope both these teams play until their locker room orange slices run out.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

phosdex posted:

Mighty late on the East Coast, but if you've been a stars fan for a while you've watched several of the longest games in NHL history.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

phosdex posted:

Cowards

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Gus is playing out of his mind.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

phosdex posted:

My row is emptying out.

wtf

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm here in my kap jersey. Weak Dallas fans heading home.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

phosdex posted:

I'm here in my kap jersey. Weak Dallas fans heading home.

Stay strong!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Kings just do not manage the puck at all, it’s crazy to watch defenders just whip the puck to nobody every time it comes to them in the zone

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

FunOne posted:

Mighty late on the East Coast, but if you've been a stars fan for a while you've watched several of the longest games in NHL history.

I will never forget staying up to watch the ‘99 win. I think it was like 2:30am when Hull made that goal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol stars fans, the gently caress is wrong with you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll catch a goddamn uber home if I have to, play til 4am

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh noooooo oilers lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The good old playoff call they can’t ignore after letting 12 things go, NHL refs are just terrible

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Shinjobi posted:

I'll catch a goddamn uber home if I have to, play til 4am

just haunt the place imo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Oh noooooo oilers lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hahaha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lessail posted:

just haunt the place imo

I would but I worry this stadium will fall apart on me with the luck I have. Cuban barely keeps the lights on.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ugh

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Legit surprised refs called that trip (both in general, and because there was a broken loose stick near his feet when he fell)

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Time for an Oilers SH.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The Oilers are back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

phosdex posted:

Bunch of casuals.

Honestly, refs could have been marching guys in both jerseys to the box all game but haven’t been pretty evenly. They keep calling the big game critical stuff on scoring chances is fine with me. That call on Spurgeon was a good one with the Dallas player going to get to that puck right in front of the net otherwise. Plenty of cross checks but they’re being pretty consistent about not calling soft ones.