Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

eh it was the event where Rasputin destroyed the Almighty, you’re both right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Despite standing around literally doing nothing for two hours and falling asleep at my keyboard it was actually kind of cool to witness it firsthand. Same for when the traveler healed itself.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I mean they've always said crafting guns is a "long-term" goal for players. Otherwise just unlock everything at the crafting table and let players make whatever they want whenever they want...which would defeat their goal of people playing as much as possible chasing the carrot.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
hosed up that the image for the Tower in the director is the old tower but the old tower is still wrecked.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m trying out void Titan while there’s still fun seasonal perks, and I have some questions.

1. Ward of Dawn vs Sentinel Shield

Both seem pretty mediocre? WoD has a really low cooldown, but it just seems like the damage boost isn’t that much. I also thought you could shoot through it. Sentinel Shield also has pretty low damage, though with Doomfang’s It seems like it can last a long time.

2. Exotics

Helm of Saint-14 seems really situational, Doomfang’s is pretty decent, and I think I’m missing one that gives you double shield throw? I’ve been using Armamentarium, but that’s a good exotic for why build. Any other ones worth using?

3. Overshields

These seem to be the main focus of the build, especially with the aspect that gives grenade energy boost when you have overshield. Is there something else I should build around that to increase them? I don’t really feel like I notice them that much.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gilding conq was super fun this season because 4 of the GMs are more or less brand new to figure out. Wild days when glassway is the freebie space GM.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’m trying out void Titan while there’s still fun seasonal perks, and I have some questions.

Both seem pretty mediocre? WoD has a really low cooldown, but it just seems like the damage boost isn’t that much. I also thought you could shoot through it. Sentinel Shield also has pretty low damage, though with Doomfang’s It seems like it can last a long time.

2. Exotics

Helm of Saint-14 seems really situational, Doomfang’s is pretty decent, and I think I’m missing one that gives you double shield throw? I’ve been using Armamentarium, but that’s a good exotic for why build. Any other ones worth using?

3. Overshields

These seem to be the main focus of the build, especially with the aspect that gives grenade energy boost when you have overshield. Is there something else I should build around that to increase them? I don’t really feel like I notice them that much.

1 is mostly up to you. I like sprinting around with rapid shield dashes and throws, so I run with Shield - this plays directly into

2 - Severance Enclosure. A LOT of things will trigger the exotic perk.

3 - If you don't want to get deep into buildcrafting, going with over shields is perfectly viable. If you want to get into the real fancy poo poo you want to run mods that generate orbs, give armor charges on orb pickup, and either provide a stat bonus while charged (armor charges will decay over time) or restore some energy or another (melee, grenade) on finisher (again plays well back into 2) in exchange for at least 3 armor charges

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I noticed I leveled up enough this season to get an Exotic Cipher, and saw that I still had one burning a hole in my inventory for the longest time, so I went and got Traveler's Chosen because it sounds fun and I enjoy a good sidearm. I had to make the agonizing decision to vault Forerunner for now, but I'll see how this works out next time I play. Gambit would probably be a good testing ground.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I finally bothered to pick up Outbreak Perfected and oof that thing only tickles people doesn’t it.

When the nanites are chaining it’s great; but if the burst means you don’t get a precision you are very sad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

They've described what its going to be so I dont really foresee how it can be non-functional.

At worst, it will be stupid by means of cost or limitations on how often you can do it.

If the simpler route is "make drop rates better" I have mixed feelings cause I don't really like non-deterministic systems because RNG is a gently caress.

I'm down to only needing one deepsight drop for one Neomuna weapon, and I would be willing to pay a good chunk of in-game resources for the ability to just get it over with instead of having the 3-layer rng of a) finding heroic patrols b) having the right weapon drop, and c) having it drop with deepsight.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ward of Dawn casts instantly, gives you a full overshield so it can prevent your death, and recharges your grenades. The Weapons of Light damage buff is as high as Ability Damage Buffs go (25% or 20%, I don't remember) and is on-par with Well of Radiance if you're missing a Warlock. It's a great tool for "oh poo poo" moments and can allow you to revive safely in high difficulty content.

Sentinel Shield is a more or less standard roaming super, except you can also Guard with it, which puts up a huge-rear end barricade that your teammates can shoot through, blocks incoming damage fully, generates orbs per blocked damage, and gives the same Ability Damage Buff as Ward of Dawn. Sentinel is less popular in things like Raids because it involves someone doing something other than shooting - if you need offense AND defense, Well of Radiance performs the same job while keeping the Warlock's hands free. However, in things like GMs where enemies can punch right through the healing of Well of Radiance and one-shot you anyways, Sentinel Shield blocking is often a godsend since you can use it to attack and advance safely.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

2. Exotics

3. Overshields

for 2, you can do good things with severance enclosure given finishers are cool these days

for 3, if you can craft Hollow Denial, you can put repulsor brace on it which is quite nice. I run one with improved that and lead from gold and a void LMG and basically never have to use my primary if I do not want to (unless I'm maybe stunning a champ with it)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Grimthwacker posted:

I noticed I leveled up enough this season to get an Exotic Cipher, and saw that I still had one burning a hole in my inventory for the longest time, so I went and got Traveler's Chosen because it sounds fun and I enjoy a good sidearm. I had to make the agonizing decision to vault Forerunner for now, but I'll see how this works out next time I play. Gambit would probably be a good testing ground.

Traveler's Chosen catalyst is neat - throw a grenade, and the sidearm's damage type will change to match your subclass. So it also can synergise with e.g. Siphon/Targeting/Surge mods that you have slotted in

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

"destiny goons” posted:

Void Titan Advice

Thank you for all the tips! Seeing WoD as an “oh shot button” has helped. Also I didn’t realize it immediately gave full overshields, that’s actually really good.

I’m still rocking Armamentarium + Bulwark for big grenade charge, and I feel like they’re up a lot. Wave splitter is also good, but I’m out of ammo a lot. It’s also hard switching to anything from Witherhoard now that I got the catalyst.

Once I have done new arms to Upgrade Module with I will try Severance Enclosure. I also gave HoIL, which I did not find to be amazing on other builds. That may be because it doesn’t have one big, noticeable benefit and instead that passively buffs everything else you do.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Thank you for all the tips! Seeing WoD as an “oh shot button” has helped. Also I didn’t realize it immediately gave full overshields, that’s actually really good.

I’m still rocking Armamentarium + Bulwark for big grenade charge, and I feel like they’re up a lot. Wave splitter is also good, but I’m out of ammo a lot. It’s also hard switching to anything from Witherhoard now that I got the catalyst.

Once I have done new arms to Upgrade Module with I will try Severance Enclosure. I also gave HoIL, which I did not find to be amazing on other builds. That may be because it doesn’t have one big, noticeable benefit and instead that passively buffs everything else you do.

There is a special finisher in your class item mods that can help with keeping wavesplitter fed. To be safe, you can not run any purple mods that cause your charge to decay over time, such that you almost always have 3 to work with, the required amount to finish for special. When you get the rhythm down you can lean into like void surge mods, you just have to stay on top of ammo a bit more. If you get low and don’t have poo poo to kill to build up armor charge you can be stuck being unable to finish for special. That being said leaning into orb generation that doesn’t depend on wavesplitter entirely can help, there are lots of other orbcausers.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1648146959079968769?s=20

ooof!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fwiw all signs seem to point to Bungie still believing it's Ekuegan (who has confirmed he's been banned from the game) even though he denies it and multiple prominent leakers deny he's their source. I can believe they're all lying because they'd have a vested interest in protecting their sources, but... eh, I don't know man.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ponzicar posted:

This week's (with the bomb defusing and sparrow racing) is super easy with a void hunter. If you go invisible, you can just walk right up to the bombs and defuse them. The only thing you need to actually fight is the last boss.

Thanks, that + a rocket launcher that took off 1/6 of the boss' health per shot did the trick. Although the last bit was rather touch and go, and I'm very glad the adds don't have GM reflexes because I hadn't killed any of them so even picking the boss out from among them was a bit of a trick.

I swear the boss was a lot more of a damage sponge when I was with a fireteam, even though it doesn't show fireteam scaling on the modifier list.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/ShadyQtr/status/1648148437697789955

This may be the funniest tweet ever.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

2. Exotics

3. Overshields

Two exotics that are worth using is Heart of Innermost Light (shocker) and synthoceps. My personal favorite void Titan build right now is Synthoceps with Vexcalibur and repulser brace commeration. Both the shields count as overshields for your aspect which is huge because of how they've nerfed your barricade.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

lol

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

...does Bungie know that these are leaks of patch notes, not military documents showing that Ukrainian forces actually aren't doing all that great or noting where US troops on the ground could make the most difference, right?

Right?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Got to run the Avalon exotic quest for the first time and got to the first boss encounter before I had to turn off the game... and there are no checkpoints :wth:

Also it was fun trying to earn the exotic quest in the first place by having to tag those little glowing cubes in the EDZ. a handful of guardians were super helpful by pointing out where the cubes were hiding

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Necrobama posted:

...does Bungie know that these are leaks of patch notes, not military documents showing that Ukrainian forces actually aren't doing all that great or noting where US troops on the ground could make the most difference, right?

Right?

...yes, which is why the entire extent of their response is banning him from their servers and ending their business relationship

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Necrobama posted:

Right?

....I assume so? What are you seeing that implies that they're not?

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
I dunno, maybe I'm nuts. The whole "corporate catastrophic language" framing just sort of...icks me out.

Literally nothing is at stake with these "leaks" except...some people might learn some things about the game they're gonna still be playing, and they're gonna learn those things eventually anyway.

What is the actual harm done by "leaking" this poo poo?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Necrobama posted:

Right?

Do you think this guy was put into Alcatraz or some poo poo?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bungie says they have video evidence and verified messages, which makes me think one of Ekugan's associates/friends flipped and shared some private info

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
like, oh no, some office jokey with a degree in psychological manipulation's timeline of information drip to maximize FOMO and ~~community social media engagement~~ gets sad?

frig off, your scalloped potatoes are hosed

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Paracausal posted:

Do you think this guy was put into Alcatraz or some poo poo?

No of course not, he's banned from the game and any hype events for it.

It's just incredibly loving stupid, from the "we need to drip feed marketing content to maximize social hype for our product" to "i'm a big important boy getting invited to marketing hype events to maximize social media hype for PRODUCT"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What The gently caress are you talking about?

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
gently caress, I dunno. I blame Havana syndrome.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I mean, yeah the stakes are super low but also if they don't want someone leaking their confidential plans it's entirely within their perogative to ban a single person from their platform for it.

Stakes are also low for dude too, him being banned from Destiny is like, oh, guess I'll play valorent instead levels of who cares.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, theres a lot going on here but I guess I'm gonna start with, I'm sorry, what the gently caress do patch notes have to do with FOMO and psychological manipulation?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Again, what exactly do you think happened to the guy? That tweet is just a corporate announcement that the person broke their NDA and incurred the consequences- we will not work with you again and you can't use our products. He didn't get charged with crimes or even, so far as we know, sued. If this ruins his livelihood, well, he shouldn't have put that livelihood at risk

Necrobama posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm nuts. The whole "corporate catastrophic language" framing just sort of...icks me out.

This I can understand. It's never fun to be reminded that all those hours of shooting mans and getting loot are in service of a business like any other, with executives and accountants and lawyers. But part of that business is making secrets and selling the reveal, so they have to minimize leaks and sometimes make an example of someone

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Given players of this game melt down over dev comments like "You're the guy with the fist" and all declare Strand Titan is going to be poo poo before they even touch it, I'm not surprised Bungie wants to control messaging, as opposed to some leak turning into a game of telephone that makes the whole community mald over nothing.

The fact you have people on twitter, reddit (and I think here) being like "well do they have IRRIFUTABLE evidence?!" I kind of feel like a formal statement isn't terribly unusual.

Yes, it feels all a bit much for what it is, but iunno, feel like developers are entitled to reveal info at their own pace.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, yeah, a dev once said "You're not getting Twilight Garrison back, stop asking." and got death threats over it. The whole reason they made the Destiny 2 Team account is so their devs would stop getting harassed off twitter every time they said anything about the game. Of course they're going to let the lawyers craft all their statements and make them sound very Controlled and Professional.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The leak is so old and all this front facing grandstanding is a bit much. Not gonna cry for billion dollar company

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

RBX posted:

The leak is so old and all this front facing grandstanding is a bit much. Not gonna cry for billion dollar company

thank you for saying this way better than my dipshit brain did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Being anti-dumbass who lied about leaking isn't the same as pro-bungie

Anyway I wish bungie would spend as much effort keeping their dang servers up and running as they do chasing leakers!