Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

crepeface posted:

which two good posters got taken out?

Lady Radia got doxxed by a psycho who was trying to prove he was actually very normal and she left the forums to protect herself
TheIncredulousHulk gave into despair at D&D never changing

Fritz, the D&D horse admin, got got for being the admin asleep at the wheel when Lady Radia got doxxed (the psycho sent Fritz a PM first to see if doxxing her was a good idea, Fritz hit the psycho with a 6er and considered it case closed, the psycho came back 6 hours later and did the doxxing) and also for using admin powers to stealth edit Lib and Let Die's rereg autoban message without telling anyone.

Cinci Zoo Sniper, the D&D mushroom mod, posted an extremely weird posters.xls in SAD to prove some dumb point, got called out over it, then got called out for outing Lib and Let Die's rereg out of spite (LaLD had rereg'd because his main had been doxxed). CZS didnt use any mod tools or anything, but it was a petty thing to do. He posted a big stupid banme in YOSPOS that confirms he was a very normal poster

So I guess, in a way, LaLD took out an admin and a mod

It sure has been a weekend.

E: Oh yeah, and there was a brief interlude with the return of dick pregnancy fetishist and anticommunist pharaohman. Things just keep happening

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 11:56 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

Fritz, the D&D horse admin, got got for being the admin asleep at the wheel when Lady Radia got doxxed (the psycho sent Fritz a PM first to see if doxxing her was a good idea, Fritz hit the psycho with a 6er and considered it case closed, the psycho came back 6 hours later and did the doxxing) and also for using admin powers to stealth edit Lib and Let Die's rereg autoban message without telling anyone.

The bolded was probably my "favorite" of the various reveals in that thread, and probably the most damning. Just completely indefensible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

this pic is like 20 years old, but this is also what i think of

he was already working on his homeless vet look :ohdear:

suspicious lack of political tattoos

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

crepeface posted:

ah, lame.

edit: oh my god pharahman777 came back

gently caress im so sad i missed that

BROOOOOOOOOOOOO
the guy with the most incredible reaction to the reveal of asking for pics of an underage rape victim with an impregnated penis: yeah that was me, mind your own business

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just as an aside to the person doxxing which lead to the incident get perma banned

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Doktor Avalanche posted:

BROOOOOOOOOOOOO
the guy with the most incredible reaction to the reveal of asking for pics of an underage rape victim with an impregnated penis: yeah that was me, mind your own business

also he blew his cover by going very hard against the (admittedly played out) holodomor affirmation thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

euphronius posted:

suspicious lack of political tattoos

there's a series of images. that guy is "cowboy". there's a couple photos of i think him and someone else with tattoos. no idea what they are though. osint time?
https://www.gettyimages.it/detail/fotografie-di-cronaca/army-special-forces-soldier-nicknamed-cowboy-fotografie-di-cronaca/1373495

i cant make em out at all

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

just as an aside to the person doxxing which lead to the incident get perma banned

The psycho doxxer was also a war thread regular who was arguing in favor of gore posting. Nothing of value was lost.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The bolded was probably my "favorite" of the various reveals in that thread, and probably the most damning. Just completely indefensible.

Incredible poo poo and it's astonishing to believe that it hasn't been abused before all of this brouhaha

Because it absolutely has

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the mods telling us to stop syq here was probably a good idea in retrospect. it seems to have worked

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

edit

wrong thread

euphronius has issued a correction as of 12:27 on Apr 18, 2023

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nix Panicus posted:

Lady Radia got doxxed by a psycho who was trying to prove he was actually very normal and she left the forums to protect herself

Cinci Zoo Sniper, the D&D mushroom mod, posted an extremely weird posters.xls in SAD to prove some dumb point, got called out over it, then got called out for outing Lib and Let Die's rereg out of spite (LaLD had rereg'd because his main had been doxxed). CZS didnt use any mod tools or anything, but it was a petty thing to do. He posted a big stupid banme in YOSPOS that confirms he was a very normal poster

E: Oh yeah, and there was a brief interlude with the return of dick pregnancy fetishist and anticommunist pharaohman. Things just keep happening

every time i think these dead idiot forums can't sink any lower some dipshit had gotta go prove me wrong

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Cuttlefush posted:

there's a series of images. that guy is "cowboy". there's a couple photos of i think him and someone else with tattoos. no idea what they are though. osint time?
https://www.gettyimages.it/detail/fotografie-di-cronaca/army-special-forces-soldier-nicknamed-cowboy-fotografie-di-cronaca/1373495

i cant make em out at all

I was able to digitally enhance the image and filter out the noise:

It appears the tattoo is of the orc Warchief Thrall.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

I'm just quoting this so I can find it later and make sure I didn't imagine it because WTF.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

quote:

Fwiw during the height of the CSPAM/D&D beef, there was an actual D&D offsite discord in which some posters there discussed battling their posting enemies on the forums proper.

I knew it. :lmao:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I cannot parse “dick pregnancy fetish “ and I’m not going to try

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

every time i think these dead idiot forums can't sink any lower some dipshit had gotta go prove me wrong

there really is a striking correlation between anti-left posters/those with a parasocial fixation on Ukraine and being an absolute crazy weirdo/dumb as dogshit idiot

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Turtle Watch posted:

I was able to digitally enhance the image and filter out the noise:

It appears the tattoo is of the orc Warchief Thrall.

for a second i thought the original image was someone tattooing the back of their head, but it's just a forearm. ah well

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I would have expected Garrosh tbqh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Delta-Wye posted:

this pic is like 20 years old, but this is also what i think of

he was already working on his homeless vet look :ohdear:

I keep thinking about this picture because it's very emblematic of the Tier One operator myth that was built up during the Global War on Terror. The implication is that he's wearing non-regulation uniform, and keeping a non-regulation beard, because he's so good at his job that The Brass lets him get away with it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

there really is a striking correlation between anti-left posters/those with a parasocial fixation on Ukraine and being an absolute crazy weirdo/dumb as dogshit idiot

until relatively recently a lot of them were unhinged openly right wing posters

lib politics has become so hosed up since 2016 onwards that the alt-right types that could keep their racism and transphobia hidden have been able to just reintegrate. Hence GBS, ostensibly not about geopolitics, is where all the '2 minute hate about country that the US currently hates' threads turn up.

luckily they are easily excited and have little self control. Once something gets them going they end up outing themselves.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Наш Regnum posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
❗️One of the fighters of PMC "Wagner" from the bait by Gulagu. net got in touch and said that everything he said on the video is a lie.

According to him, he was forced to slander Prigozhin and PMC Wagner with threats and blackmail. Gulagu. net threatened to release the video of the man being raped if he didn't say what was asked of him.
(from t.me/regnum_na/36980, via tgsa)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/AuronLuluMagic/status/1648272153114976259

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

so they raped him, made a video of that, then blackmailed him with that video? Is that how blackmail works??

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tazjin posted:

so they raped him, made a video of that, then blackmailed him with that video? Is that how blackmail works??

It might, yeah. I'm not going to look into it for obvious reasons.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

until relatively recently a lot of them were unhinged openly right wing posters

lib politics has become so hosed up since 2016 onwards that the alt-right types that could keep their racism and transphobia hidden have been able to just reintegrate. Hence GBS, ostensibly not about geopolitics, is where all the '2 minute hate about country that the US currently hates' threads turn up.

luckily they are easily excited and have little self control. Once something gets them going they end up outing themselves.

luckily D&D is there to explicitly allow for a little transphobia and racism to be posted, as a treat

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Not the first time I heard that suggestion.

To be honest the guy sounds drunk even now, so for now I'll just assume he'll say anything on camera.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Lukashenko's office reminds me of the restaurant Чемодан in Moscow. Quite a nice interior design style, in contrast with all the boring plain white walls of hipster interior design.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ah, but have you considered https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645358329764478978

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I bet Noel lives in a flat with completely white walls and IKEA furniture

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWAd1pQiwU&ab_channel=RedEffect
Hell, even thread favorite HESH makes an appearance.

It’s so funny that we’re like “Russia is doomed!” when we literally can’t source a mainstay NATO ammo.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ugly globe? it looks normal

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1648215103773212673
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1648267407889145857

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
the wagner guy who said he was blackmailed into making confessions? - the video of his rape was released in retaliation

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

tazjin posted:

it’s not a very well thought out blackmail, no

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin (if that was him)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i would really rather not touch any of the repeated wagner stories like that. jesus christ

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So wait, gulagu is blackmailing people now? Ironic.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I keep thinking about this picture because it's very emblematic of the Tier One operator myth that was built up during the Global War on Terror. The implication is that he's wearing non-regulation uniform, and keeping a non-regulation beard, because he's so good at his job that The Brass lets him get away with it.

It's Dirty Harry but for the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Cuttlefush posted:

i would really rather not touch any of the repeated wagner stories like that. jesus christ

yeah I don't know if there's much to be gained from going over any of it. just sick poo poo that we can't verify the truth of and shouldn't be trying to, for our own good