Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Regarde Aduck posted:

you do? Seemed like at the time it would have gained him nothing and cost him everything

like i think Assad is capable of using chemical weapons on people, i just think the timing was odd and that the chemical weapons weren't doing anything that good old fashioned high explosives weren't

my admittedly hazy memory is assad did a gas attack and then Obama made a big song and dance about how if he does another its a line in the sand crossed and the US will respond and assad said he wouldn't then immediately another one under extremely suspicious circumstances supposedly happened

anyway lmao

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1647545369650253826?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jose posted:

lmao i had no idea he was a privately educated posho

cool school motto

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Novara is a pathetic beaten dog trying to be corbynistish but also a part of the labour party which is extremely lol right now

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Basically all of their big names are beneath contempt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

no way lmfao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Novara is a pathetic beaten dog trying to be corbynistish but also a part of the labour party which is extremely lol right now

It is but Alastair Campbell trying to own bastani with his list of most popular podcasts only to have it shown theirs is on Spotify of all platforms is still funny

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hopefully this embeds properly

https://twitter.com/terryfuck45/status/1647865852069396480?s=20

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
that drat king has made it impossible for me to enjoy a coronation chicken sandwich for the next month

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The perfectly British article

Stop loving your cousins people, it's not hard.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jose posted:

It is but Alastair Campbell trying to own bastani with his list of most popular podcasts only to have it shown theirs is on Spotify of all platforms is still funny
they've been wanking themselves absolutely raw over the rankings all week. i'm used to their shameless self-promotion by now, but usually it doesn't go beyond them retweeting every nobody who says something positive about their articles. it's just obnoxious.

at least bastani can finally live his dream of being the most special boy who everyone will respect now

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

The perfectly British article

Stop loving your cousins people, it's not hard.

Ah you're pro cousin marriage?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Buckling down for "Rishi would release your hot horny cousins into the wild" attack ads from Kier this coming week

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tote up a bags posted:

Buckling down for "Rishi would release your hot horny cousins into the wild" attack ads from Kier this coming week

they're in fact going to have a nerd fight

https://twitter.com/TmorrowsPapers/status/1647712760107548672?s=20

lol though

https://twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/1647884622280396800?s=20

Jose has issued a correction as of 09:58 on Apr 17, 2023

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Actually to post this shortly before the coronation is very insensitive and a clear political statement

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gonadic io posted:

Actually to post this shortly before the coronation is very insensitive and a clear political statement
A dual Jacobite attack on the British monarchy.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

i will happily play devil’s advocate in favour of cousin marriage if it’ll take the obsessive culture war focus away from trans stuff

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/emmaroc33249448/status/1647527448777465857?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rishi has been charged with corruption. Is there a larger story of corruption among Britain's working-classes? asks the BBC

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

rishi has been charged with corruption. Is there a larger story of corruption among Britain's working-classes? asks the BBC

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Christ that's a depressing read. Remember when we were just on the precipice of everything being hosed and never getting better, rather than neck deep in poo poo with the opposition offering to shovel us in deeper?

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola

Gonzo McFee posted:

Christ that's a depressing read. Remember when we were just on the precipice of everything being hosed and never getting better, rather than neck deep in poo poo with the opposition offering to shovel us in deeper?

I welcome the government’s turds, but I would urge them to strain harder

Yeah it’s not great lol. And I thought reading my own posts couldn’t get any worse

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/FitzcarraldoEds/status/1648230504712269826

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/loosewomen/status/1648255412540456960?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A take too spicy for loose women

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lol they deleted it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Is that how Twitter works, you delete a tweet but it stays visible but uninteractable..?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Is that how Twitter works, you delete a tweet but it stays visible but uninteractable..?

only if it's already cached in mobile, otherwise it's just not available. at least in theory, unless they've broken something again

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Oh I found that one via his rap sheet; I got the impression that "lmao you're an intern???" was a whole separate meltdown.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

the sex ghost posted:

A take too spicy for loose women

i'll always remember them having a big serious 30 minute talk about 'do we really need algebra'

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

i'll always remember them having a big serious 30 minute talk about 'do we really need algebra'

I'm with the Slags, what did the maths ever do for us? I've never needed to know a²+b²=c² or πr². Sounds suspect and foreign. Not like good British maths, 1+2=kill the poor

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

Only if you want to, y'know, build buildings that are more complicated than a yurt.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hate maths

Love my yurt

Simple as

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the sex ghost posted:

Hate maths

Love my yurt

Simple as

don't like it, the flap's right there :mad:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
This new builds latticework is completely out of plumb, and the rat skin is hangin off. Absolutely shocking.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Come to think of it, it'd be pretty funny if England took to building yurts en masse and still somehow managed to fail to insulate any of them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Come to think of it, it'd be pretty funny if England took to building yurts en masse and still somehow managed to fail to insulate any of them.

We'd insulate them with burning firelighters

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

[UK] If you don't like it, the flaps right there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

UKMT until 2019.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gonzo McFee posted:

UKMT until 2019.

Hey, it's YurtFlaps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Went to school with a friend who parents were both first cousins. Catholic too, they had to get permission.

And maths is great. Love maths, stopped at Alevel though.
I wish though my knowledge was better, like hearing and watching YT vids about for example 'The Monster Group' in symmetry and not knowing how they derived this etc.

I once read that the best mathematicians of 300+ years ago had the same math tools we teach kids these days.
So whats our excuse that we cant add anything with double digits together easily.