Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mega64 posted:

My cat wants everyone to shut up about Chris Pratt.

What are those joycons?? :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Man if only this dude who has been on TV and in movies for over a decade and whose second wife is the daughter of a movie star/former governor of California and whose mom is a second cousin to a former president had the resources to take care of his cat but welcome to Joe Bidens America

mama mia

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

wizard2 posted:

mama mia

:catte:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They're custom shells based on the Super Famicom. I got them off Amazon and they're pretty nice! Got them since I wanted a change of pace from the first set I did (Atomic Red) and I was wanting to try the hall effect joysticks anyway.

That said I'm probably done modding JoyCons because I'm tired of how small and fiddly they are to put back together.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re fiddly in a fun way imo, unlike old MacBooks or the GBA SP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cats, and custom joycons for Switch, are two things I enjoy seeing a lot of. Post them in this thread.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mega64 posted:

They're custom shells based on the Super Famicom. I got them off Amazon and they're pretty nice! Got them since I wanted a change of pace from the first set I did (Atomic Red) and I was wanting to try the hall effect joysticks anyway.

That said I'm probably done modding JoyCons because I'm tired of how small and fiddly they are to put back together.

Gonna try this out - thanks for the link. I like that it uses the internal guts still.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

My cat wants everyone to shut up about Chris Pratt.
Cool joy-con shells. And also cat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Priss Cat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Put the Gulikit Hall effect sticks in all 4 of my joycons tonight.

All 4 had really bad drift, and wow what a difference those Hall effect sticks make! They snap back to center (in the calibration screen) every single time

Now that I’ve done it, I could do them in less than 10 minutes each, I think.

If you’re on the fence, go for it, they’re really good.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

havent seen anyone else mention anything itt yet but my algorithm on youtube has been absolutely flooded lately with 90s grunge/rock converted into mario64 soundfont and im completely ok with this

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mr.Acula posted:

havent seen anyone else mention anything itt yet but my algorithm on youtube has been absolutely flooded lately with 90s grunge/rock converted into mario64 soundfont and im completely ok with this

:same: Although I haven't checked, are they all from the same user or is this just a new, uh, genre or something?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Read After Burning posted:

:same: Although I haven't checked, are they all from the same user or is this just a new, uh, genre or something?

both

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I welcome our new Mario 64 grunge remix overlords.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get people being cautious with cats and dogs around babies, though there's definitely plenty of cases of pets who are delighted to meet the new member of the pack and become better nannies to the kids than many humans are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

same lol

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mr.Acula posted:

Yeah it's reminiscent of the sudden "can you beat mario 64 without getting a single coin???" videos I got a while back. Like who freaking cares if you can finish it without coins, why am I getting all these videos for

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want the Mario sound font videos, link some so they get out in my algorithm

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Yeah it's reminiscent of the sudden "can you beat mario 64 without getting a single coin???" videos I got a while back. Like who freaking cares if you can finish it without coins, why am I getting all these videos for

I care. And pannekoeken is a very good YouTuber :colbert:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You should all listen to this, only posting because it came up on Twitter as a new thing and you all seem to like this poo poo. Music for a Genesis game that doesn't exist, presented as an album by stages in the game.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2GaeUmzU8uwZVbstoB1RjY?si=eI9_qI9bS7ebVFKSrvknHw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A2GaeUmzU8uwZVbstoB1RjY

Can probably find it on YouTube to fix your algos.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Mr.Acula posted:

The big scream in Drain You by Nirvana being changed to a Mario “WAAAAAAAAAAA!” absolutely kills me

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Can probably find it on YouTube to fix your algos.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nQaVETtr-bowSihAhofw4TOaWtrTQJmbU

Mr.Acula posted:

Also same, but it's actually OoT soundfont for classical music.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 18, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1648310418937356288?s=20

Switch Swindie Swevent tomorrow

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Not sure how we are supposed to have time for other games but ok.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A lot of these games are usually ones not coming out for a while. Also a couple shadow drops probably

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I am very excited for the Advance Wars Reboot. I haven't played the original since launch on GBA, and I don't think I really ever played through all of Dual Strike.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Silksong shadowdropping tomorrow

Edit: I guess that’s technically not a shadowdrop. Whatever

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 18, 2023

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
does the advanced wars reboot have different CO versions between the campaigns or is it all two-flavored

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I am very excited for the Advance Wars Reboot. I haven't played the original since launch on GBA, and I don't think I really ever played through all of Dual Strike.

I'd recommend emulating dual strike, the campaign is quite solid and the hardmode remix you get after is good too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think this started getting on peoples radar:
https://gizmodo.com/radio-head-super-mario-mario-64-in-raninbows-1850041227

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JHChJpG_A

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kevyn posted:

Silksong shadowdropping tomorrow

Edit: I guess that’s technically not a shadowdrop. Whatever

I want Silksong to drop on the same day as Horizon's DLC because that would be real goddamn funny.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
It always gets me when Mario kills one of those flying fishes and then is so happy at his victoryhe temprarily forgets how to jump and plumets to his doom. I've got to stop falling for that one.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpqo0eaxZ4

these are what started it off for me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

does the advanced wars reboot have different CO versions between the campaigns or is it all two-flavored

I'd recommend emulating dual strike, the campaign is quite solid and the hardmode remix you get after is good too

do you mean like, does max use his aw2 stats in both games? because i can't imagine that'd be the case

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

People with white joycons, how are they wearing in? Any yellowing? Dirty even though you aren’t a Cheetoh troll?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

djfooboo posted:

People with white joycons, how are they wearing in? Any yellowing? Dirty even though you aren’t a Cheetoh troll?

Not yellowing but the corners are scuffed. Not a biggie, though.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

djfooboo posted:

They’ve been my main ones since launch and they recently got a little gray around where the sticks are, but a little isopropyl and cotton swabs cleaned it right up.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Getting back on the Ring Fit horse again today, wish me luck, pals! :kiddo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Read After Burning posted:

Getting back on the Ring Fit horse again today, wish me luck, pals! :kiddo:

Hell yeah, come on in:

https://discord.gg/nxWTUeCx

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

djfooboo posted:

My OLED pair are still the same as when I got them. I use handheld constantly, and there's no wear on the color or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WHY BONER NOW posted:

because super mario 64 is one of the greatest games on god's green earth