Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

If average is supposed to be like 5.5" then I'd have to guess that maybe like bigger than 7 or 8 inches should be the cut off.
Anything below one of those two (yet to be decided on) numbers would be above average obviously, but probably not considered "big".

E: perhaps dick chat should go in to the tools thread:v:

A study of 15,000 men from a British medical journal:

quote:

Average erect penis length was 5.17 inches, or 13.12 centimeters. SD was 0.65 inches or 1.66 centimeters

As we all know from statistics class, 68% of a normally distributed population falls within one standard deviation of the mean, 95% within two standard deviations, and 99.7% within three.

So that means that with a penis length of 5.17 + 0.65 + 0.65 = 6.47 inches you are bigger than 9 out of 10 men, and at 7.12 you are bigger than 994 out of 1000.

6.5 inches is therefore statistically big, and 7 inches or 18cm is statistically huge.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lotta little dicks across the pond there :v:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sagebrush posted:

As we all know from statistics class, 68% of a normally distributed population falls within one standard deviation of the mean, 95% within two standard deviations, and 99.7% within three.

So that means that with a penis length of 5.17 + 0.65 + 0.65 = 6.47 inches you are bigger than 9 out of 10 men, and at 7.12 you are bigger than 994 out of 1000.

6.5 inches is therefore statistically big, and 7 inches or 18cm is statistically huge.

Glad we cleared that up

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Okay enough about your huge dicks and lets have more actual terrible car poo poo please.

Maybe something someone with a tiny dick would drive?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Sagebrush posted:

That study should have also asked the participants what kind of vehicle they drive and made it thread relevant. A missed opportunity if there ever was one.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I had no idea average dingus size was so small

Also, here is both a terrible car and a terrible car pun. If this very fancy car was any smaller it would be... A swankei car because it's under the hp limit as it is

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Midjack posted:

You can add quotes as of a few years ago, scroll down and click the button on each post you want to add. It only has the last page or so though, so if you want to go back more than that you'll have to keep doing it your current way.

I sometimes go a few days without checking the forums, and there's threads I don't check daily. So yeah, often going back more than one page. I'll do that if I know I'm only on the last page, if I think about it - I'm just so used to right click on quote -> open in new tab. Which has led to some amusing cross-thread/wrong thread shenanigans.

It doesn't help that I'm ADD as hell (which is why it's unusual not to see "last edit" below my shits)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kastein posted:

Also, here is both a terrible car and a terrible car pun. If this very fancy car was any smaller it would be... A swankei car because it's under the hp limit as it is

Did this come in goose?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

:ck5:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I think this belongs here

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Thanks, I hate it!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Terrible all the way down.
I don't even know how one could wrap it back around to awesome

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Correct thread.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Their love of Trump is keeping them from seeing what is in front of them.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

joat mon posted:

Sacrificing it to Robosaurus is the only path to redemption

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

What’s the turning radius, I wonder

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enos Cabell posted:

Sacrificing it to Robosaurus is the only path to redemption

Bless Robosaurus and his coming. Bless his coming and his going. May his passage cleanse the automotive world. May he keep the world for his people.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Right thread

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Now that’s one hell of an awful pavement princess!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

What’s the turning radius, I wonder
Idaho.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Saw this outside a restaurant. Story from the staff was this K5 and a Camry tried to merge into the same lane, driver side wheel fell apart, flew up in the air and came back down on the windshield. Yikes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

bennyfactor posted:

Saw this outside a restaurant. Story from the staff was this K5 and a Camry tried to merge into the same lane, driver side wheel fell apart, flew up in the air and came back down on the windshield. Yikes.

you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel
off of the truck, and into the field

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Doesn’t explain the missing hood. Unless it’s Florida.

Also: rear flat?

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
He probably ran over bits of his front rim.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

Probably 16.5s without a safety bead and lost the bead when the camry sideswiped them.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

FlapYoJacks posted:

I taught my stepson how to drive a manual by telling him the clutch is a reverse brake pedal and not to slam the fucker up whenever he changes gears. He was off and going in less than 10 minutes.

As a 36-year-old millennial, I drove a stick all around the steep back roads of Italy for three weeks without issue in a 1988 Fiat Panda I borrowed from a friend. The only issue I had was some very steep starts, and for that, judicial use of the parking brake was used. :v:

If anything, people above 50 would have more issues driving sticks because of medical mobility issues.

Only reason my wife (51 years old) doesn't still drive a manual is back issues that make operating the clutch hurt. Checks out.

By the time I drove a manual car I had been driving lawn and regular tractors for years. Just took a little more effort to coordinate the gas pedal as well. Oh, also motorcycles, so the concept was already solid in my head.

I had sort of driven a few manual vehicles (stop and start, no shifting), and then taught myself that part in my '78 Fiat 128 just before I got my license. Turned out the starting-stopping part was the hard part. Never looked back.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Someone made a list even!

https://motorandwheels.com/do-all-c...%207%20BMW%20X3

https://www.sparkyexpress.ca/blogs/autoverse/a-list-of-cars-without-no-spare-wheel

JFC its much larger than I imagined......

Acura NSX
Audi R8
Audi TT
BMW 2 Series
BMW 3 Series
BMW 4 Series
BMW 6 Series
BMW i3
BMW i8
BMW X3
BMW X4
Cadillac ATS
Cadillac CTS
Chevrolet Bolt EV
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet SS
Chevrolet Volt
Dodge Viper
Fiat 500
Fiat 500L
Fiat 500X
Ford C-Max
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Ioniq
Infiniti QX30
Jaguar F-Type
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Compass
Jeep Renegade
Kia Forte
Kia Niro
Kia Rio
Kia Soul
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Mercedes-Benz B-Class
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Mini Cooper Countryman
Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Nissan GT-R
Nissan Leaf
Porsche 718 Cayman
Porsche 911 Carrera
Porsche Panamera
Smart ForTwo
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model X

That list is kind of dumb without model years. Quite a few of those cars span several generations.

Throatwarbler posted:

My wife doesn't even drive and she's ruled out us ever buying a Tesla solely based on Elon's social media.

Also based on the various non-Tesla forums I peruse, large numbers of people don't like Teslas as cars but have one only because of the Supercharger network. So chalk it up to infrastructure fail in the US.

I put in on a sweepstakes to win a Tesla Model S Apex (modified by one of the Tesla go-fasterers) and was informed by my wife that I would need to take the cash equivalent, thanks, Elon.

charliemonster42 posted:

My 987 cayman also just had a pump and goo. These work fine unless you have a big hole or pinch the sidewall somehow. They’ll sell you an actual spare but then you basically lose the frunk.

My brothers 944 had the nifty collapsible inflatable spare. I kinda hoped for a flat just so I could see how it works, but he was lucky enough to not get one while he had it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVJ4Sp6Pao

Sagebrush posted:

That folding tire is very cool, but also one of the most extraordinarily German things I have ever seen.

- completely unique spare tire design
- obvious additional points of potential failure
- incompatible with any other tire in the world
- replacements certainly only available directly from porsche
- saves like four inches of space

My 1978 Chevy Monza had a collapsible spare, and a bottle of CO2 to inflate it. Which I actually had to use once. As I recall, mine didn't re-collapse when uninflated, and I had nowhere to replace the CO2 bottle back in high school (1988.)

My cop car has a full-sized spare tire, but the civilian Crown Vic has a skinny temp spare unless you spring for the full sized option. I've actually got an aluminum-wheel temp spare from a Town Car in the trunk for a bit more space right now. The full size lives in the shed, and I swap it on if necessary. I have used the temp spare twice, so far, thanks to a pothole and random crap on the highway.

kastein posted:

It definitely makes me feel better about my [spoiler]completely average, apparently[/spoiiler] dingus.

joat mon posted:

Maaaaaybe if those were racing slicks and there was an actual handling chassis hidden under there? The "TRUMP" would still add a lot of negative points, though.
I'm not sure if it's better or worse than a bro truck as-is, though.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Doesn’t explain the missing hood. Unless it’s Florida.

Visiting my in-laws in Ft Lauderdale, in fact. And I think the flat was likely from loose bits of wheel rim.

cursedshitbox posted:

Probably 16.5s without a safety bead and lost the bead when the camry sideswiped them.

or this, and of course I defer to CSB's knowledge of big tires. Saw the Camry after we left and it was missing its front bumper trim and a quarter panel.

bennyfactor fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 18, 2023

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Darchangel posted:

That list is kind of dumb without model years. Quite a few of those cars span several generations.

It's also very incomplete.

Darchangel posted:

My 1978 Chevy Monza had a collapsible spare, and a bottle of CO2 to inflate it. Which I actually had to use once. As I recall, mine didn't re-collapse when uninflated, and I had nowhere to replace the CO2 bottle back in high school (1988.)

I think collapsible spares were fairly common in late 60s-late 70s American cars. I know the (long gone) original spare for my Cuda was a collapsible.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Sort of a fix to the expensive dealer addon spare, but I ordered a kit from https://modernspare.com/ for the wife's GLC300, which has all the cutouts for a spare but no actual spare. Unfortunately I ordered it after she blew out a new CrossClimate2 in Philly, but it looks and fits nice.

The tires had less than 200 miles. Costco was great about it but holy poo poo, what an absolute pain in the rear end. Still have no idea what she hit, I assume a curb.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i actually do not mind anything about this except the stupid loving license plate mounting, which ruins the whole thing. maybe that's the reason you took the picture.

why do people do that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i actually do not mind anything about this except the stupid loving license plate mounting, which ruins the whole thing. maybe that's the reason you took the picture.

why do people do that

The horns are probably why the picture was taken.

That paint is loving mint though.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Darchangel posted:

Maaaaaybe if those were racing slicks and there was an actual handling chassis hidden under there? The "TRUMP" would still add a lot of negative points, though.

Funny, I thought similar, obvious it would have to stick out way less, but this kinda sprung to mind:

(Most definitely not for this thread)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Sagebrush posted:

why do people do that

It's offcenter because it's screwed into the towing eye, and it's diagonal probably as a holdover from body kits in the early 2000s.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sagebrush posted:

why do people do that

I had a tow hook mount plate on my Mazda 3 and it loving killed me that it would constantly just get slightly askew, not quite that bad but definitely noticeable.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Would it screw with license plate readers? In any case I'm pretty sure that'd get you a conversation with the cops here.

A few days ago I got pulled over immediately after entering a highway through an on-ramp. I was pushing the revs pretty high and making a lot of noise in the miata but of course not actually breaking the speed limit lol. I was sure it was for not having lights over my rear license plate (I took one off because of a lovely connector, the othe bulb just burned out) but they just sent me on the way after checking the paperwork:shrug:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Powershift posted:

The horns are probably why the picture was taken.

That paint is loving mint though.

It was the horns and the plate. The paint was immaculate.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I wish the cops would actually enforce the license plate fuckery that is getting worse by the day. Fake plates, expired temp paper plates, expired tabs, covers to make your plate illegible

Can you believe this guy was driving like a fuckwit?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

I wish the cops would actually enforce the license plate fuckery that is getting worse by the day. Fake plates, expired temp paper plates, expired tabs, covers to make your plate illegible

Can you believe this guy was driving like a fuckwit?

I think it was in Cannery Row where part of fixing a car was "forgetting" an oily cloth over the license plate to cover the expired tab. This is just a century of tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

Wrong thread and I'll gladly take a sixxer for it if thread disagrees. Minus the license plate mount, of course.