Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Really sucks that leech has to 50/50 galactus now/doesnt counter him off of doc oc. How do his answers get nerfed every loving patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Best possible Thanos outcome: Stones start in your deck.

Reasonable outcome: Either nerf Quinjet or nerf Lockjaw, but not both.

What we got:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Galactus laughing his rear end off in the corner

Yeah, Galactus just got stronger and Leech ramp can still exist since it shuts down turn 6 plays.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wow poor leech, his best utility was turn 4 drop with ramp (which often has it's own costs). Now he might as just say 'that infinaut you dead drew can now be played'

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This is where Leech should have been this whole time.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Across all games, there are many games decided by a big turn 6, whether that is many small cards or 1 larger card. In those situations, it can be a clincher. But it's weaker (not useless!) if it's out early. It could be played around.

So seems okay. Tradeoffs.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Well thank goodness I recently got into Thanos Ongoing and Doomwave I guess

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I expect leech to disappear completely with this. No one was running him with the intention of using him honorably on turn 5

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Did they do the season drops? The counter says I need to wait a week for my free pool 3 card, but I have yet to receive one this season.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I expect leech to disappear completely with this. No one was running him with the intention of using him honorably on turn 5

Just dropped him T5 for a win.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I still don't think Galactus is a serious problem in the game but this patch was definitely a stealth boost to him. Putting down Leech like this really takes a lot of punch out of non-Galactus ramp and heck, you could even add in Infinaut or Red Skull or some poo poo to your deck in case your Knull gets Leeched anyway right?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I am now a Leader enjoyer :smug:

I havent been in Hooglands stream long but he's kind of a ban happy rear end in a top hat at times isnt he?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 18, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

the_american_dream posted:

Hooglands he's kind of a rear end in a top hat isnt he?

Yes. He has a long reputation of being a huge manchild across games.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

I am now a Leader enjoyer :smug:

Edit: I havent been in Hooglands stream long but he's kind of a ban happy rear end in a top hat at times isnt he?
All the time. He'll spend an entire stream complaining about the game then ban people for complaining about the game. Whatever it's his stream he can do what he wants I'm just always stunned how popular it is.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just thought about it more and even the discard disruption from leech is ruined

Tell me it at least disables the card they draw on turn 6

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just thought about it more and even the discard disruption from leech is ruined

It doesnt.

You pretty much only want to play it into waves and Seras and moon girls.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Maneck posted:

Did they do the season drops? The counter says I need to wait a week for my free pool 3 card, but I have yet to receive one this season.

They did. I got Valkyrie from mine, then opened a batch of 4 reserves to get Super Skrull. And that's it for me this season I guess.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It not disabling the card they draw on 6 is asinine. If it did that, maybe the nerf would be alright. You could still ramp out Leech and have an ordinary 5-6-6 play otherwise, and know turn 6 they're going to have to play strictly by the numbers. Here it's just pray they don't draw their nut card, which of course they will every time.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I can say Leech was always a fine and fair turn 5 card, and in that use case, he just got buffed, as you don't get a top deck anymore.
Sucks that he isn't as good an answer to Galactus anymore, but its not that hard to guess most galactus lanes, and Dr Ok is statistically a highroll in Galactus so the times he gets played and pulls leech aren't that significant.
Weirdly enough he still works the same with lockjaw as you were not throwing in more then Leech to get back another higher powered card on turn 5. There is less a chance of getting to shove two one cost cards in and pull out a lucky leech, but that was the highest roll version of that interaction anyway.

I think the Lockjaw change is good for the long term health of the game.

Wait am I wrong, you can still get a turn 6 top deck with a Leech out?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

They should have just went with the option to disable cards next turn. You could still ramp it out and would have to put some actual thought into playing it.

Also do we know for sure it doesn't disable your top draw? The text would imply it does.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Let's go ahead and have sandman say you can only play 1 card on turn 6 since apparently turn 5 power curves are sacred

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I know we're focused on the update, but I've been thinking about Kitty Pryde all night.

I'm really bummed. Forget about her power level: she was the first activatable Snap card. You could play her, and then later make a non-movement choice. The tech was there to "do a thing". Her change takes that away.

I know this game is never going to be Magic, but I'd love to have a post-Magic game that had "tap" abilities.

That is all.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Walla posted:

Also do we know for sure it doesn't disable your top draw? The text would imply it does.

Turn starts, then you draw.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You cant put leech in lockjaw if you want leech to do anything.

Leech also won't beat wave -> T4 galactus any more btw.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Let's go ahead and have sandman say you can only play 1 card on turn 6 since apparently turn 5 power curves are sacred
you seriously thought T4 leech was fair? How badly were you leaning on it?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

CitizenKeen posted:

I know this game is never going to be Magic, but I'd love to have a post-Magic game that had "tap" abilities.

That is all.

Howard the Duck will have the ability to tap him and see what the top card of your opponent's deck will be when he releases.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Youremother posted:

Howard the Duck will have the ability to tap him and see what the top card of your opponent's deck will be when he releases.

And with the Jubilee reversion he's going to have significant value.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

CitizenKeen posted:

I'm really bummed. Forget about her power level: she was the first activatable Snap card. You could play her, and then later make a non-movement choice. The tech was there to "do a thing". Her change takes that away.

I liked that this was not the case. Now it's back to the case, but Howard the Duck will break that again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tapping Howard isnt really making a choice. You just only interact with his always-on(going) passive ability by tapping him. I dont really miss activatables in snap, your choices are meaningful each turn and you dont need busywork unlike mtg.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 18, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

You cant put leech in lockjaw if you want leech to do anything.

Leech also won't beat wave -> T4 galactus any more btw.

you seriously thought T4 leech was fair? How badly were you leaning on it?

I would say he was my plan b in any deck with ramp. Should just remove ramp from the game if it's that disruptive to the expected flow to have cards be effective before they're designed to be

Galactus is a problem card if played before turn 6 so why isn't he getting the leech treatment?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 18, 2023

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

All the time. He'll spend an entire stream complaining about the game then ban people for complaining about the game. Whatever it's his stream he can do what he wants I'm just always stunned how popular it is.

Timeouts aren't bans, and most streamers I've seen with high viewcounts like that seem to be aggressive on timing people to keep on top of their chat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

Timeouts aren't bans, and most streamers I've seen with high viewcounts like that seem to be aggressive on timing people to keep on top of their chat.
He is absolutely nothing like most streamers. Most streamers go a full 8 hours without ever talking about timeouts or bans and jeff talks about them every 15 minutes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Also it sucks that they did the infinite matchmaking pool change separate from the post-infinite competitive tiers. Now it's just gently caress around mode where anything goes and the points don't matter

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I thought you guys said they wouldn't run out of characters for new cards, but explain this!

Token for https://snap.fan/cards/SpiderHam/SpiderHam/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

First cache after the series drop and I unlocked Shuri. gently caress.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

All these data mined cards and I don’t recall seeing one that moves everything right, like the opposite of Heimdall. That would be such a great addition for move decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Walla posted:

First cache after the series drop and I unlocked Shuri. gently caress.
? What did you expect? She's S3 now.

Doobie Keebler posted:

All these data mined cards and I don’t recall seeing one that moves everything right, like the opposite of Heimdall. That would be such a great addition for move decks.
Doesnt that just kind of make the game a 50/50? Like I get that move is bad it just doesnt seem rewarding to guess if they're going left or right T6.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Leader Sandman is gonna be the new meta. Count it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I don't think the drop has happened yet, Skrull is still S4 in my shop

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

? What did you expect? She's S3 now.

Doesnt that just kind of make the game a 50/50? Like I get that move is bad it just doesnt seem rewarding to guess if they're going left or right T6.

I know she's S3. But I'm still missing about 8 other cards in the series. I would have preferred to see Bast or even Black Panther. Hell, I still don't have Doc Ock.

Also Move is great, it just takes a little more planning and strategy than most lists. It just feels hampered because only Cloak and Dr. Strange allow you to move your cards to the right instead of left, and even the cards coming in a couple of months will either move 1 card or be random. A right moving Iron Fist or Heimdall would allow for a lot more flexibility and strategy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Scrap Dragon posted:

I don't think the drop has happened yet, Skrull is still S4 in my shop

Update the app? Do you have the new shop which shows 3 separate cards in a list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The Drop has happened, I got Black Panther and Super Skrull. That said, I thought I became S3 complete just before the season started but I guess not since it's telling me I can only claim a free card in two weeks :(

Also I got enough tokens to get my last big bad and I've been enjoying Thanos Ongoing, with one minor change: Leech out, Goose in. So far so good.

EDIT:

Wait, I checked my post history, I definitely used up my Series 3 free card before the season started. Am I just being scammed out of a free card then? :(

Artelier fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 18, 2023