Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah, its quite nice. I think it defaults you to Team Rumble however, but that's an easy mode switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
anyone have an active invite for the discord?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

St. Blaize posted:

https://discord.gg/Be8vJ5Sz

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

St. Blaize posted:

https://discord.gg/YpKs4d9bwZ

This one shouldn't expire.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

The locked on pistol is absolutely wild, I'm killing too many people with it

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007

Thanks!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

:thunk:

they should bring back the fishing collection though, and the spear you could fish people with.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

EGS asked me if I think fortnite has a good story the other day, and like 60% of people had voted yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The story rules. 40% of players need to be sent to re-educetion camps

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Brut posted:

they should bring back the fishing collection though, and the spear you could fish people with.

Can you fish people off building with the fishing rod?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Brut posted:

One time I got one of these after holding the overclocked rifle for a split second before getting killed. Thankfully that was more than enough time for a fair evaluation.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Hrist posted:

One time I got one of these after holding the overclocked rifle for a split second before getting killed. Thankfully that was more than enough time for a fair evaluation.

I didn't even have a fishing pole at any point in that match, I think it just picks something at random to ask you about.

the unabonger posted:

Wait can the regular fishing pole catch players? I was thinking of the harpoon gun from last chapter that did like 75 damage.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

the unabonger posted:

you can have more than 4 in a party, you just cant go into any of the 4 player modes.

Any other suggestions for fun creative modes with more than 4 players in a party? Preferably no-build. Anything simple like Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag with maps at 8 player scale would be awesome.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Brut posted:

Wait can the regular fishing pole catch players? I was thinking of the harpoon gun from last chapter that did like 75 damage.

It can most certainly catch downed teammates, i dont know if it can catch enemies.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

I Love Topanga posted:

Any other suggestions for fun creative modes with more than 4 players in a party? Preferably no-build. Anything simple like Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag with maps at 8 player scale would be awesome.

honestly don't know that many creative modes, I usually just pull from popular game modes on the landing page. last creative mode game I was in was a gun game mode and that was actually pretty fun. There's so many guns in this game to go through.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
you can always enjoy the KID LAROI EXPERIENCE

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

They finally shut down the exp gain on the creative mode map I was using for 2 free levels every day. It'd been nerfed a bit by functionality and the person not updating it so the weapons just bounce up and down and couldn't be collected anymore, resulting in 2 levels from 3 levels a day, but now I guess it lost whatever 'license' is dispensed to award exp for these things. I imagine I'll get to cap this season still, but I sure hope I find a good idle map for next season.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:twisted:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

the unabonger posted:

I have definitely seen highlight videos of this season of people riding the rails and plucking people off buildings and then dropping them.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shinjobi posted:

Ugh. 60k XP to do it again...

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

welcome to my humble hurrrr

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Deathlove posted:

I have definitely seen highlight videos of this season of people riding the rails and plucking people off buildings and then dropping them.

It's basically the only place it's possible. It's hard to pull them off a building if you are already up there...

Yes, you can do it. Yes, it feels good. No, it's not as funny as throwing tires down to get kills.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Throwing knocked out enemies off of buildings and or treasure island feels great and I do it as often as i can

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Creative map 2810-9612-6569v14 is a super fun no build free for all. fun guns + great combat practice

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The leaks have begun.

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1650493492706045954?t=zr44IGKWl0tXAj6gmp3HKQ&s=19

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally realized that the reason I've been doing so bad the last few weeks is because I kept ignoring the cobra. My third(?) win of the season was this morning using a uncommon cobra in a face to face shoot out. Yes, their shot gun spread mostly missed me point blank. But the cobra got me the crown. And that's the lesson we should take form this. :dukedog:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the DMR and the long barrel shotgun are the two combo hitters I always keep on me. I wreck people with those and have plenty of room for all sorts of extras.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Cobra DMR + Combat Shotgun + Sword + 4 Slurps

"5 damage circle? Yeah no that's fine bro."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dorium posted:

the DMR and the long barrel shotgun are the two combo hitters I always keep on me. I wreck people with those and have plenty of room for all sorts of extras.

100%. I’ll roll out with a green dmr over a significant amount of weapons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1651587203175424002?t=sxtevHgiBud0RjKo2QInjw&s=19

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh lol I thought it was ending in may

They also teased some Star Wars stuff starting on may 2nd

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Oh lol I thought it was ending in may

They also teased some Star Wars stuff starting on may 2nd

Clone wars thing

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I demand weirdo obscure bounty hunter skins give me Zuckuss or go to hell

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Need Chewbacca first

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Clone wars thing

wouldnt mind a captain rex skin.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Clone wars thing

SS

Give me that 6 armed robot thing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr Hootington posted:

Need Chewbacca first

Can’t believe they haven’t added him already.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm guessing we get Chewiw or Lando with the young anakin skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If we get Chewie we need the crossbow