Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I wish I could still enjoy multiplayer FPS but I just don’t have the twitch reflexes anymore

No build fortnight is the solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Finished watching the first season of the HBO Perry Mason show. Pretty good if you like noir detective stuff

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm in one of my jags right now where absolutely no tv or movies sound good at all when I sit down to watch, rip. I just have to find one show that is Really Good and then, usually, it's easier to find more.

last show I watched that was Really Good was The Last Of Us

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also watched all episodes of the Forged In Fire spinoff "Knife Or Death" which is pretty ftw

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm in one of my jags right now where absolutely no tv or movies sound good at all when I sit down to watch, rip. I just have to find one show that is Really Good and then, usually, it's easier to find more.

last show I watched that was Really Good was The Last Of Us

You watching Yellowjackets?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I watched National Treasure 2 and the first one is better.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i watched the queens gambit recently and it got me chessin'

im terrible tho

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You watching Yellowjackets?

no. that the lord of the flies one?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

no. that the lord of the flies one?

Yeah. Give it a shot, I think its quite good. Second season is ongoing rn

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

also watched all episodes of the Forged In Fire spinoff "Knife Or Death" which is pretty ftw

Be like me and take up watching nothing but cooking shows and food documentaries online. I recently started season 1 of Barefoot Contessa after finishing up Somebody Feed Phil.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

zone posted:

Be like me and take up watching nothing but cooking shows and food documentaries online. I recently started season 1 of Barefoot Contessa after finishing up Somebody Feed Phil.

:hmmyes:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah. Give it a shot, I think its quite good. Second season is ongoing rn

Watched the first ep and a half, p good so far. :hai:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've been watching Florida Man on Netflix . Limited series about a bunch of gently caress up criminals. It's not bad.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

zone posted:

ive been doing that, especially long rear end street food videos with no narration. ftw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm wat hing breaking bad for the first time. on ep 11 of season 5. no spoilers pls

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm wat hing breaking bad for the first time. on ep 11 of season 5. no spoilers pls

Walter White is Heisenberg

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Snape kills Walther White

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ive been doing that, especially long rear end street food videos with no narration. ftw

On Youtube I follow Steve the MRE guy and Max Miller's Tasting History channel, both are well worth a watch. There's also too many smaller scale cooking channels to count that do a bang up job of explaining how they go about making their dishes and have pretty good production values.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hell yeah those channels are great

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Apropos of street food channels Korean street food channels have some of the best production and really interesting stuff to watch.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm in one of my jags right now where absolutely no tv or movies sound good at all when I sit down to watch, rip.

Like I dunno watch the telly in your house rather than the car?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

zone posted:

Apropos of street food channels Korean street food channels have some of the best production and really interesting stuff to watch.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of those too. The magic is kind of lost when you find out just how much sugar is used in Korean streetfood. Those hot dog buns are sweeter than cupcakes, so I've been told.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Valko posted:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of those too. The magic is kind of lost when you find out just how much sugar is used in Korean streetfood. Those hot dog buns are sweeter than cupcakes, so I've been told.

That's pretty much true, but Koreans use a fair bit of sweeteners/sugars in a bunch of their cooking in general too. Tteokbokki (rice cakes in a chili-based sauce) for instance features a fair bit of corn syrup, or lacking that sugar, added to the dish. Though that's why you experiment with flavors to suit your taste rather than following a recipe to a T anyway

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Yeah, I know. I often make honey chilli chicken at home. If I get it from takeaway joint there is too much honey and not enough chilli. I maybe use a tablespoon for a pot of stuff that would feed four people and ramp up the chilli.

e: If we are talking about food channels try out Best Ever Food Review Show. The name sounds awful but it's great. The presenter, Sonny Side, reminds me of a cross between Anthony Bourdain and Josh Gates.

Valko fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 18, 2023

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Valko posted:

Yeah, I know. I often make honey chilli chicken at home. If I get it from takeaway joint there is too much honey and not enough chilli. I maybe use a tablespoon for a pot of stuff that would feed four people and ramp up the chilli.

e: If we are talking about food channels try out Best Ever Food Review Show. The name sounds awful but it's great. The presenter, Sonny Side, reminds me of a cross between Anthony Bourdain and Josh Gates.

I made honey chili chicken once that I still dream about.

Currently going to have a beer with friends! What are you all doing tonight?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Best Ever Food Review is good, but I haven't really watched that much of their content. There's only so many hours in a day even when you work from home!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Karma Comedian posted:

I'm having some beer while posting on the forums. Does that count as having beer with some friends?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Karma Comedian posted:

It's 4 in the morning! I went to bed early and got up early, I don't have any work today and no plans for the day either.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Isn't that like the second to last episode

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Valko posted:

I'm having some beer while posting on the forums. Does that count as having beer with some friends?
I'll take it

zone posted:

It's 4 in the morning! I went to bed early and got up early, I don't have any work today and no plans for the day either.
Nice! Enjoy your lazy day!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Of course, by the time I get around to checking out the chat thread it has gone off onto a food/cooking derail already. :negative:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
by definition i dunno if a chat thread can derail. there are no rails

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Of course, by the time I get around to checking out the chat thread it has gone off onto a food/cooking derail already. :negative:

Why? Do you not eat food or something? You an actual person or an AI bot?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Valko posted:

Why? Do you not eat food or something? You an actual person or an AI bot?

I'm three chatbots in a trenchcoat, actually.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the mods requested keeping the thread chill and fun so i extend an olive branch - come watch IZWF, which is starting shortly (20 minutes in fact). i promise you won't get banned from the twitch chat*

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

*completely empty promise, i have no authority. but it's fast moving so unless you act like a lunatic you're probably fine.

pros of watching: posters you don't like getting punched, posters you like doing punches, community spirit and hype, what else are you doing on a tuesday

today's card quoted below:

That Little Demon posted:

:siren: Card for Sudden Impact 4/18/23 :siren:

:izwf: Everyone I am very happy to announce we have renovated the Imp Loft arena for Sudden Impact thanks to your generous donations (and the hard work by Stone Cold 64 - thank you so much dude) and we will be debuting the newly designed SI arena THIS WEEK! :izwf:

The brainwashing of Que Sera Sera continues ahead of the match that will decide her fate at Revengence

The Neo-Tokyo Terrors Vs Que Sera Sera and Smirking Serpent

Fresh off the injury list... but for how long?

Alaois vs Pungry

A Fight Backstage over Who Lives in the Worst Timezone

Knuc vs Trying To Jack Off

A Fatal 3-Way Falls Count Anywhere match

Welcome vs Spoderman vs qnqnx

New Allies, for now...

The Maidens vs Wormskull and Arch Nemesis

One on One Action to skill up ahead of the PPV

Evil Eagle vs ARGHPLEASENONONONO

Pablo Nergigante vs I Got The Tude Now

An Extreme Rules Match

Sleng Teng vs Synthy