Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Private Speech posted:

Looking at SAD the issue seems to be he didn't ban someone who was thought might (and did) doxx some poster rather than being overzealous, but I didn't read all that much of the thread.

I dunno that is kindof lovely I guess.
CZS did two things: Outed a doxxed users alt account, and made a my_enemies.xls which appears to have prompted a known psycho to post their own version, and then after their short probation was over, doxx another goon. The outing of a doxxed user was covered up by Fritz the Horse doing some admin edits.

As to the recent doxxing, you're getting things a bit mixed up. The psycho who eventually doxxed another goon sent Fritz the Horse a PM with a link of the doxxing material he was gonna post, where he said he was gonna post it, but Fritz decided not to act on besides telling the poster not to. His reason for not acting: Not wanting to interact with the creepy poster he had been warned about by the person who was about to get doxxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Looking at SAD the issue seems to be he didn't ban someone who was thought might (and did) doxx some poster rather than being overzealous, but I didn't read all that much of the thread.

I dunno that is kindof lovely I guess.

The problem was that he created a spreadsheet of prolific posters in the Something Awful Discussion subforum, a bunch of posters yelled at him to take it down because it would lead to doxing and harassment, he doubled down and got defensive, and then some GBS freak used the spreadsheet as precedent to dox and harass a popular poster. For added spice, the GBS freak PM'd his victim's personal details to an admin (Fritz the Horse) first, who didn't bother to check what he'd been sent because it was late at night and he didn't much care about what he saw as a forum slapfight, meaning that the public doxing went ahead without intervention.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ah okay I didn't even realise there was another mod/admin involved.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If there’s one thing I admire here it’s peoples commitment to justposting

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Just Another Lurker posted:

He's Lithuanian, i have no idea why he posted in this section.

Latvian I think, and regional threads are good sources for news and :lol:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Latvian I think, and regional threads are good sources for news and :lol:

Dammit! :argh:

I always get them mixed up.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Both part of the Bolton states.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

He's Lithuanian, i have no idea why he posted in this section.

Latvian

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Latvia is Ulster Lithuania

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so is elden ring good? or as lame as forum drama? i’m thinking of getting it but it’s still 50 quid so i’m not sure

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jel Shaker posted:

so is elden ring good? or as lame as forum drama? i’m thinking of getting it but it’s still 50 quid so i’m not sure

its very good

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Jel Shaker posted:

your horse can double jump so yeah it's good

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

if you like the actual fighty bit of dark souls it's probably the best one for that, though it does have a fair bit of repeated assets and lacks the pacing of previous installments due to being open world.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If you enjoy rolling around to a deliberately obtuse and insane storyline

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I enjoyed ranni's questline even if it is possibly the most dark souls thing I have ever seen in how it resolves the supporting cast.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

DesperateDan posted:

right now I have three of them in use but two of them no longer seem to be available for sale- the other is the gardepro a3s which was a little more expensive than the other two but it's a fair bit more modern and does better video in less space on the larger size SD cards

generally they are all much the same between the alphabet soup "brands" and probably come off the same assembly lines- pick one with features you want (I didn't want or need WiFi or Bluetooth poo poo which saved me money) and be prepared for it not to work and need another sent out so buy somewhere with easy returns

two or more cheaper cameras might suit you better than one expensive one if you just want to know what's happening and when, just bear in mind if you are leaving the cameras out somewhere and want to be able to reload them in the field you will need two sets of SD cards and batteries per camera

and it's not so much of an issue anymore but make sure what you get will take rechargeable batteries or you will spend more in batteries than you did on the camera over time

Thanks! I'll go for a cheaper model then, two with less good image quality is probably better than a single fancy one. I know roughly where the animals show up, but I'd like to figure out what sort of time they're usually there and where they approach from so I can safely lurk in the undergrowth with a long lens and trenchcoat without being spotted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Latvia is Ulster Lithuania

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jel Shaker posted:

so is elden ring good?

try finger but hole

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There is a pretty good summary of the drama hete:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028862&pagenumber=78&perpage=40&userid=0#post531251542

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Elden Ring is like Dark Souls 2 (but a lot more polished)

I didn't like Dark Souls 2 that much, Sekiro is my fav soulsgame, so I wasn't personally amazed. but it's still a good time and there's lots of content

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This place is loving nuts lol.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I stopped playing it after about 30 hours but I did really enjoy those 30 hours and I used to hate soulsborne poo poo (for being too hard because I’m rubbish) so yeah I’d say give it a shot. It is very satisfying to, as the kids say, git gud, and I think I’ll probably go and give BB another shot on the back of my time with ER. But yeah gently caress me it is insanely opaque - opaque as in no quest markers or journal and you just have to sort of hope you bump into someone for the next bit of your quest.

I’ve just started this game The Last Starship though and as it features PDCs it’s probably the closest I’ll get to ‘the expanse ship combat, the game’. It’s early alpha but I’m enjoying it.

E: lol I sometimes think SA has got a bit boring and normal, but every time that thought pops in my head something really bizarre happens. Love my dead comedy forum

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 18, 2023

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

smellmycheese posted:

This place is loving nuts lol.

I dont know if it's the star that makes goons go completely insane, or if its only the insane that take up the (volunteer) job

Either way it's fun to watch from the sidelines

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Elden Ring priest builds are rad. You're basically praying to an entire pantheon of eldritch horrors so you can use the freakish otherworldly gifts of one (which can range from summoning a zombie dragon's disembodied head to breathe alien space Ebola all over people to pulling the burning blood of a masochistic god out of a tear in reality and spraying it all over the floor) against the followers of another.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shooting a wave of insanity fire out of your eyes is legit one of the best ways to kill bosses.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Alternatively, you can have a couple of evil Welsh wizard ladies teach you to replace your brain with a magic space rock so you can throw magic space rocks at God.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And that's cultural marxism.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Shooting a wave of insanity fire out of your eyes is legit one of the best ways to kill bosses.

Labour would never support this

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

I've been here for longer than ive not been here and I have no loving idea what anyone is talking about.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mugsbaloney posted:

I've been here for longer than ive not been here and I have no loving idea what anyone is talking about.

gently caress I wish that weren't true

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Failed Imagineer posted:

gently caress I wish that weren't true

you're awfully smart for a 9 year old.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elden Ring fuckin rules, probably the game I'd pick if I could only ever play 1 game again. Probably the most accessible and new player friendly of the series which isn't to say it can't also be the hardest depending on how you play. It's probably ruined action RPGs as a genre for me, or at least finishing the job that DS1 did.

My last playthrough was pure faith and it was a fuckin blast. I'd recommend it to anybody, it's a real steal at whatever price you find it at.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Can't wait to get my ticket!

https://twitter.com/BrexitBuster/status/1648416647336677380?s=20

:barf:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

frank furedi and rod dreher on the same bill, what a world.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I saw Toby Young on the street the other day, chilling.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

I refuse to believe that Toby Young could ever be chilling.

Creeping, maybe.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don't know whether to applaud or bemoan your restraint in avoiding becoming the lead story on the evening news

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I once saw a man who looked exactly like Ade Edmondson's Eddie Hitler character holding a Brexit Party sign at a train station in Birmingham, with a couple of other themed weirdos lurking behind him. Still not sure to this day if it was Paul Nuttall, Toby Young, or some other random human hazard beacon, but I went the other way.

Poor Paul hasn't even got an invite to this shitshow now though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Of course, none of that is the true menace to our fair isles:

https://twitter.com/rachaelburford/status/1648282706000637952?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

What is that person supposed to be? A sausage roll or a baguette?
So the ban seems to be only on hot food - seems very bizarre. Why should hot food make people more rowdy than cold food?