Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1648342831843426304?s=20

Teams really really want those medical reports, huh

I think this is kinda necessary because of how bad AAU ball is for growing tall atholetes.

A lot of guys get drafted and instantly get hurt because they're just nursing a nagging thing. IE Cade Cunningham had the shin fractures probably in college and was just playing through it.

This provides a very nfl draft esque extra value in drafting a hurt guy thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

To the a beaver the whole world is a stream to be dammed.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Watching this live was hilarious, the announcers didn't acknowledge it but I was like wtf did Draymond run over Curry. Owns

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1648342831843426304?s=20

Teams really really want those medical reports, huh

As long as there's logic about injuries or you can still draft a guy in the second round from the woods of Bavaria or whatever this is probably fine.

E: duh actually reading the articles it appears they have unsurprisingly thought of much of this. The big question is can teams still draft players who are not even invited to the combine because that usually 1-2 players every year; I guess we'll see.

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 18, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NifMuhammad/status/1648196124635811842

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Any angry basketball player heed my words, if you're angry and want to lash out, open hand palm strike the wall. Do not closed fist punch

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Brogeoisie posted:

Watching this live was hilarious, the announcers didn't acknowledge it but I was like wtf did Draymond run over Curry. Owns

the stream i was on was the bay area one with the warriors announcers and they called it out and were pretty incredulous which is surprising since they are insanely annoying warriors ball lickers

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Oh god, I just saw a horrifying stat:

Mike Brown now has the second most post-season wins (2) in the history of the Sacramento Kings :stonklol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1648378282281426944

holy poo poo.

So they did do something that would help teams that are over the cap huh.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

The Glumslinger posted:

Mike Brown now has the second most post-season wins (2) in the history of the Sacramento Kings :stonklol:

Sacramento Royalty

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Adun posted:

Look man Dejuan Blair has a name

He was a decent player despite his insane medical background. Way better than a lot of bigs drafted ahead of him too (Hasheem Thabeet)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

holy poo poo.

That is cool. Tax teams will still be locked down but this opens up a lot more possibilities for those teams just trying to clean up the edges.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

I'd pay that doc a lot of money to do this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

That is cool. Tax teams will still be locked down but this opens up a lot more possibilities for those teams just trying to clean up the edges.

This specifically opens up some pathways for like the Bulls and other teams to get better while allowing their owners to stay cheap fucks.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Not shocking at all. The Sacramento Kings made it to the playoffs only once before the Adelman years. That stat does not include pre-Sacramento/1985.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Pretty sure I picked Poole as most overrated this year. Maybe last year. And maybe also Fox as most underrated

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1648396021032972288

I also am looking for 13 to 15 million next year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dexo posted:

holy poo poo.

This is good.

Looks like Ja is probably gonna be okay, also good. Although giant bruises on your hands are no joke.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

He's asking for simply the contract Davis Bertans signed. I think that's reasonable, Pat Bev does way more than Davis :smuggo:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would not be shocked if he gets the tpmle from someone

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

This is good.

Looks like Ja is probably gonna be okay, also good. Although giant bruises on your hands are no joke.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1648400272585277440

Dude is a doofus but I don't like seeing people get injured, especially early in the playoffs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

In the last year Pat Bev was salary dumped 3 times AND THEN WAIVED but still has swagger. Respect.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I would not be shocked if he gets the tpmle from someone

idk what that is in numbers but hes like an ok vet who should be signed for a few million and then people realize hes bad and dont play him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

idk what that is in numbers but hes like an ok vet who should be signed for a few million and then people realize hes bad and dont play him

It's pretty much that, it was like 7.8 mil this year. I have seen projections of it hitting 10 next year but it's that or the vet min.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

This is just bad negotiating. Never give a range.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The Maestro posted:

Pretty sure I picked Poole as most overrated this year. Maybe last year. And maybe also Fox as most underrated

What's the lottery numbers?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Lockback posted:

In the last year Pat Bev was salary dumped 3 times AND THEN WAIVED but still has swagger. Respect.

I literally want him to play as long as possible so I don’t have to hear his hot takes arguing with that one fat guy who played for the Celtics whichever one is on TV

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

god can they just replace perk with big baby and just never mention it

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Ghost Dog posted:

god can they just replace perk with big baby and just never mention it
big baby did some fraud I think

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/iamHectorDiaz/status/1648202234126290944?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Pat bev would be 100000x better than Perk in the "grumpy hot take vet" role, so that would be cool if he could oust Perk.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Brogeoisie posted:

The "best" part is Steph splaying out and not even trying to get up, because he assumed it was a foul and definitely not his own teammate.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

i am a moron posted:

I literally want him to play as long as possible so I don’t have to hear his hot takes arguing with that one fat guy who played for the Celtics whichever one is on TV

The future of basketball on TV is Perk, Pat Bev and Draymond. Hopefully the latter two never retire.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go Cavs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

fix is in
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1648423652025856000

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The league needs a competitive game 3

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
A punch would have been an instant suspension, kicks are stronger than punches and yet are punished less harshly. Draymond once again showing a masterful understanding of the game.

Jesus Christ Draymond you loving donkey, it was like a two possession game with half a quarter left when you got suspended.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[League officials pointing at graph going up labeled “WARRIORS WIN,” smiling, nodding]

[League officials pointing at graph going down labeled “KINGS WIN,” furrowing brows, crossed arms, shaking heads]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's not a suspension on its own but I feel like when you have a history like that, well,