Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I know it’s patch day, but have Destiny servers always been such poo poo? I played BL and some of WQ and can count on one hand the number of times I experienced outages or significant disconnects. Since Lightfall I feel like servers go down for hand a day like every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Mesadoram posted:

Did the weapon update go live yet?

Auto rifles up by 25 percent, pulses handcannons and sidearms up by 20 and scouts up by 10 on red/orange bars.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I know it’s patch day, but have Destiny servers always been such poo poo? I played BL and some of WQ and can count on one hand the number of times I experienced outages or significant disconnects. Since Lightfall I feel like servers go down for hand a day like every week.

We’re still within the maintenance period so don’t expect the game to work until they say they’re done

That said, it’s definitely been worse than usual lately

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

imweasel09 posted:

Auto rifles up by 25 percent, pulses handcannons and sidearms up by 20 and scouts up by 10 on red/orange bars.

:eyepop: quicksilver storm is gonna be a beast

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grapple doesn’t drop the spark in Rift anymore

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s been one whole minute. Hang on a second!!!!

I NEED THE BUFFS!

imweasel09 posted:

Can't wait to test some weapons later :allears:. Auto rifles in particular look like they are going to be awesome.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
good thing for me, a guy who likes and will use auto rifles all the time if he can

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

good thing for me, a guy who likes and will use auto rifles all the time if he can

:yeah:

I was already planning to finish the Perpetualis pattern with my guaranteed red bar this week so this is doubly satisfying

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Gnawing Hunger and Witherhoard has been one of my go to weapon combos since both weapons were introduced, excited to see the AR buffs paired with this seasons volatile rounds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mustang posted:

Gnawing Hunger and Witherhoard has been one of my go to weapon combos since both weapons were introduced, excited to see the AR buffs paired with this seasons volatile rounds.

This 200%.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh is it all auto rifles not just kinetic? Because I've been using gnawing hunger and felt it is super strong as is. Is this a get in smilie situation?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Yeah gnawing hunger has always been good, it's just getting better.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Need to dig up my subsistence/rampage one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Reissue Gnawing Hunger with destabilizing rounds and repulsor brace.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MJeff posted:

Reissue Gnawing Hunger with destabilizing rounds and repulsor brace.

The new seasonal Heavy GL can get that exact combo and it's the next one i'm beelining for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the GL and the raid shotty can get it right now. I need a primary that can do it. I need it!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Only annoying thing about void autos is that you need to have the Overload Auto SMG artifact mod selected in order to get the 25% surge

And if you use that selected, you can't break barriers with volatile rounds

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

No, actually this season has been fairly abnormal. Every time they touch something it all falls apart. Skeep was the only thing this bad i think.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
the vex are manifesting themselves in the real-world technology that runs the game

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

My Gnawing Hunger god roll has Zen Moment, Rampage and a stability masterwork. Paired with a counter balance stock mod and its insanely easy to keep on target while full auto.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only annoying thing about void autos is that you need to have the Overload Auto SMG artifact mod selected in order to get the 25% surge

That's what void LMGs are for.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

:nice: on the AR buff. I will take any excuse to make a build with Monte Carlo.

Additionally, maybe it is time to finally finish the Sweet Business catalyst?

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
All I want is for Sweet Business Titan with war rig to be meta.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

That's what void LMGs are for.

I'm just annoyed that Retrofit is the only one that gets a Surge Bonus grrrr

Commemoration is about a bajillion times more fun to use

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Commemoration is about a bajillion times more fun to use

The bright side is the retrofit kicks major rear end. But if you are not void, it's slightly less good :smith:.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh poo poo that’s so obvious but I also couldn’t fathom why I couldn’t. FFS having Order Of Operations occur there is nonsense - if you don’t want a weapon able to stop multiple types of Champion, stop creating mechanisms to enable it then give no indecision it won’t work Bungie.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Shockeh posted:

Oh poo poo that’s so obvious but I also couldn’t fathom why I couldn’t. FFS having Order Of Operations occur there is nonsense - if you don’t want a weapon able to stop multiple types of Champion, stop creating mechanisms to enable it then give no indecision it won’t work Bungie.

To Bungie's (dis?)credit, I believe this is a technical issue rather than a design issue

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Can't find a good answer so I'm hoping someone here knows. It looks like seasons will carry over to another platform but expansions won't. If I bought the Lightfall Annual Pass edition for Xbox, would I just need to buy the regular edition for PC and still get my seasons? I assume it's yes but wasn't sure because technically they are future seasons from a bundle so I'm not sure if they work the same as having bought individual seasons.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

The bright side is the retrofit kicks major rear end. But if you are not void, it's slightly less good :smith:.

Question!! How come? A lot of the monochromatic bonuses aren't really in game anymore, and Volatile Rounds is almost literally unaffected by your Subclass

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Where is that documented? I'm a Commemoration main myself.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

It's been pretty terrible. Reminds me of early WoW where patch days would get extended til they took up the rest of the day.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Question!! How come? A lot of the monochromatic bonuses aren't really in game anymore, and Volatile Rounds is almost literally unaffected by your Subclass

Very true, I forget this season had volatile rounds for free :unsmith:.

So yeah, awesome gun continues to be a bullet hose of enjoyment for everyone!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
amazing

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1648407658612027392

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

Important disclaimer - I mean Surge in the context of the 25% bonus damage from Activity Overcharge/Surge Modifiers, not in reference to the Boot Mods that they foolishly gave the same name to. I also meant 'assuming the activity is not Void Surge'

Weapons get Surge/Overcharge bonus if they have an Artifact Mod (i.e. Overload Bow, Barrier Sidearm, Unstoppable Glaive) or if their element or archetype matches an activity modifier.

There aren't any Machine Gun mods on the artifact this season, but, Retrofit has the 'Ambush' origin trait, which along with the Artifact Mod 'Honed Origin' will give it the Surge/Overcharge bonus whether or not your activity has Void Surge or Machine Gun Overcharge

This was on my mind because the Master Root of Nightmares was Solar/Strand surge.

Good god even talking about the state of Legend/Master Loadouts is a total mess

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Paracelsus posted:

There's an artifact perk that will overcharge seasonal weapons from the last couple of seasons (it runs off of which foundry perks they have, such as Ambush). As such, Commemoration is subject to content having void surge or machine gun overcharge, but with the artifact perk, you can take Retrofit to all surge content without restriction.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

The artifact perk granting that is "Origin Hones", whose description is:

quote:

Weapons with the Noble Deeds, Nanotracing Rockets, Tex Balanced Stock, and Ambush Origin traits are always Overcharged when that modifier is active.

Those are the traits for the season 20 weapons, Neomuna weapons, Spire of the Watcher weapons, and season 19 weapons respectively. Commemoration has the DSC origin trait (or none, if it's old) so it isn't covered

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 18, 2023

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

Can't find a good answer so I'm hoping someone here knows. It looks like seasons will carry over to another platform but expansions won't. If I bought the Lightfall Annual Pass edition for Xbox, would I just need to buy the regular edition for PC and still get my seasons? I assume it's yes but wasn't sure because technically they are future seasons from a bundle so I'm not sure if they work the same as having bought individual seasons.

anecdotally this worked for me back when I’d swap between Xbox and Piss Five; I had Game Pass on the former giving me BL access and the deluxe for the year on the latter, but I was able to play seasonal stuff on both platforms.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ChaosReaper posted:

I can't say anything authoritatively, but from my niche experience I had to buy the individual season pass for this season despite buying the annual pass for a different platform (that I unlinked from bungie cross save)

I hope you have better luck than I did!

e. thinking back on this, I think my case is specific to unlinking accounts

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yeah, I think the difference is that single seasons are sold exclusively through Eververse—that is, you either buy them in a bundle when you get a deluxe version or you buy them a la carte for Silver—and because of that it’s at Bungie’s discretion whether you have access, not at the platform’s.

they added the dungeon key system recently so that it plays by the same rules, meaning you can spend Silver on the key and have it available on both PC and console.

the actual expansions, though, get their own SKUs, and you can only buy them with human money instead of fake microtransaction currency, so for that reason they’re platform-specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

as a sidebar I’m pretty sure there’s a new mission today and it wouldn’t surprise me if the downtime was related to hunting down and squashing rare bugs with easy workarounds just to avoid all the Reddit whining.

source: I happened to glance at Bungie Rewards and see there’s a new physical item you qualify for when completing “Mission: Retribution”, which I have never heard of