Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

I'm pretty sure Dwight's said it's the last figure he'll ever make in a Legends line before he retires so very possible it may be a while.

Great thing about that 3-pack though is not only is Banshee the standout, but you can replace the heads on the old Psylocke and Gambit figures and it turns them into must-haves. I used the leftover Gambit body for a Toybiz Morph sans jacket. The X-Men shelf I've wanted for decades is finally complete

Goddamnit.

Amazon here I go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This is a thing of beauty! Very nice display.

I will probably buy that three-pack someday if only for the Banshee, but hoping I can get a deal on it. Swapping the head on the Psylocke is interesting, but I actually do like her original head a lot. Maybe someday I'll have both and can try different combos.

I've been adding a bunch of Psylockes to my eBay watchlist hoping the sellers will offer me a deal, because that will frequently happen. So far I've been offered $65 for a loose one with some slight imperfections to the paint, and also $65 for a mint-in-box one with the BAF figure plus a free clear slipcase for the package. The latter deal really makes the former look like crap. For a complete boxed one that's actually pretty great, but also, I feel like such a pristine specimen is wasted on me. It's only a good price if it's mint in box, and I don't actually care, just gonna rip the thing open and toss the BAF part over my shoulder. I could probably recoup half the cost just by flipping the Apocalypse leg, but I'm too lazy.

Aaand as I was typing this, I got a popup that somebody had offered me a complete loose one for $58. It looks solid. I think I will try to talk 'em down a few bucks, but this figure may be within my reach!

Xenomrph posted:

I've seen some of the GG BAF ones with bad paint apps on the face, but I got lucky and mine is flawless.

I think I'd like the headsculpt on the retro one more if it was unique - if I remember right it's a straight reuse of the '00s Carol Danvers Ms Marvel/Moonstone head. Which, I mean, it works, but as someone who owns both of those other figures the reuse kind of chafes a little.

For what it's worth, while Catwoman as "cat-themed thief" predated Black Cat, in terms of the modern "sultry antihero/sometimes hero/sometimes villain on-again-off-again love interest" persona, Black Cat did it before Catwoman did.

I don't plan to get those other figures so I guess the reused head would not bug me.

I never really looked at the timelines in regards to Catwoman / Black Cat storylines, I just knew Catwoman had been around forever. I was just being cheeky to begin with - I quite enjoy both characters - but it's fun to know they kinda stole from each other. I feel like if the two characters met, stealing from each other is exactly what they'd do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Awesome! Just got the heads up the invincible sixth scale figure, unbreakable, is going to be released soon!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GameStop is gonna ship the batmobile soon

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I am down to two figures on my first collection wave — and one is Psylocke. I also have a few that need upgraded but as passable for now.
There’s the older three pack at a local store here for a good price. I don’t want the others but I might just cave.
A SECOND display I’m doing also requires a Psylocke so one will have to be a cheaper one.
Storm Zangief should be here today. I was going to wait for Jada but he’s my favorite one. Got an OK deal so if the Jada one is fine, I can pass the pricey one along.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I get that it’s not as simple as “press the batmobile button again” but we’re talking about a situation where preorders sold out from every retailer on earth within minutes. When they see that kind of demand, putting other projects on hold for a bit makes sense. I don’t think they need to worry about unsold inventory sitting around.

I mean, unless they cheaped out on the molds they could always announce a second wave when their current scheduling permits.

They can't really put other products in the pipeline on hold since promises have been made to deliver this much product on this specific date.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys Carnage released overseas today. As a fun little surprise Sideshow decided to just charge me for the one I preordered with no warning. Just a nice little 550 dollar authorization for funsies. I got them to cancel, but of course it is always faster to take the money than it is to return it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They did that with Miles!!! I wonder if it’s a Sony product thing

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean, unless they cheaped out on the molds they could always announce a second wave when their current scheduling permits.

This is literally all I'm suggesting, just open the fuckin' preorders back up, they could do a made-to-order thing even.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think Amazon just stinks. GameStop charged mine last night no problem

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

:neckbeard: Look who has arrived!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s Man!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Hey now

It's legally-distinct-any-similarities-to-real-persons-is-a-coincidence man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Visually impaired attorney looks great.

Edit: give him a gun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Local store had the eyes black cat for 20. Very tempted but I crossed a low tier fig off my list instead.
Probably going to get the nimrod 3 pack though.
Can anyone confirm if Nimrod is a boss in the X-Men arcade. There’s some debate !

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of X-men, I got ML Spiral and she’s awesome and pretty much instantly made me a fan of the character. I grabbed the older Toy Biz one and the old old 90s one that has an action gimmick, as well.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Joe Fisto posted:

Visually impaired attorney looks great.

Edit: give him a gun.

Bests I can do here is a Poppy Parker Galaxy Girl ray gun.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of X-men, I got ML Spiral and she’s awesome and pretty much instantly made me a fan of the character. I grabbed the older Toy Biz one and the old old 90s one that has an action gimmick, as well.

She's an awesome figure. I really only know her from the X-Men: Children of the Atom game but I picked her up based on the good reviews and she does not disappoint.

I just wish she came with the other open hand that's shown in the product shot on the back of the blister card.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

Bests I can do here is a Poppy Parker Galaxy Girl ray gun.

Silly Mike, that's not a real gun.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Local store had the eyes black cat for 20. Very tempted but I crossed a low tier fig off my list instead.
Probably going to get the nimrod 3 pack though.
Can anyone confirm if Nimrod is a boss in the X-Men arcade. There’s some debate !

He is! You fight him in Stage 4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno what it is about it, but that Bruce Wayne expression is just... All I can think is him in a thick cockney accent asking "I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

An ace if slightly unsettling pic!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

!! I think sideshow just charged me for my Mando Luke… I can hardly believe it he might be coming soon

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Der-Wreck posted:

He is! You fight him in Stage 4

I ran across someone arguing that it isn’t actually nimrod or what nimrod has ever looked like. I could not follow it at all. I’ll just buy it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

!! I think sideshow just charged me for my Mando Luke… I can hardly believe it he might be coming soon

Yeah, they charged me yesterday. They sent an email a few days ago saying it was arriving in the next 10 days. Fingers crossed!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Silly Mike, that's not a real gun.

Wasn't Mike the name of Matt Murdock's fake brother that he occasionally pretends to be to get out of a jam?

That's a cool Visually Impaired Attorney doll. I approve.

Speaking of attorneys, I haven't started my custom Foggy Nelson yet because I was a little thrown by the size of that Happy Hogan figure I got to use as a base. He towers over my Matt Murdock. Foggy was never really depicted as a huge guy in the comics, he was a heavyset guy but usually kind of short. I think I might need to strategically chop his legs down to size, which makes the project a little more difficult overall. If I don't put that work in, it's something that will bother me forever.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

I ran across someone arguing that it isn’t actually nimrod or what nimrod has ever looked like. I could not follow it at all. I’ll just buy it.

It’s Nimrod from when Master Mold took over his body, right before they were kicked into the Siege Perilous (eventually becoming Bastion).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think there's a real Mike Murdock nowadays. I remember seeing some comic where he was impersonating Matt I think.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think there's a real Mike Murdock nowadays. I remember seeing some comic where he was impersonating Matt I think.

Son of a bitch, it's true!

(But seriously, it appears you are correct, in the comics he was eventually made real via some kind of weird magic. Comics are weird.)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Anyone else get a notice in the mail recently that Dorkside has officially declared bankruptcy and that any remaining claims now have to be filed within 90 days?

I already got everything back from PayPal months ago, but I figured it was worth a mention incase any of you hadn’t.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I got Orb yesterday and he's cool. Though it would be nice to be on a newer body, there's a feature here that I didn't think hasbro could pull off. Moving eye. That's Hot Toys level stuff guys.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I got Orb yesterday and he's cool. Though it would be nice to be on a newer body, there's a feature here that I didn't think hasbro could pull off. Moving eye. That's Hot Toys level stuff guys.

He's one of the few ML figs I've picked up recently and I did so based solely on his character design. I really don't know anything about the character, but an eyeball-head Evel Knievel-looking dude was too cool to pass on.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

He's one of the few ML figs I've picked up recently and I did so based solely on his character design. I really don't know anything about the character, but an eyeball-head Evel Knievel-looking dude was too cool to pass on.

Eyeball head guy fights Ghost Rider. That's enough for me!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jason Aaron fuckin' loves him

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A good deal on both of these guys, for once:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1648701416624488449?s=46&t=XKmPLZmtP2VDww9m9owYwA

Not really on my wish list, but figured someone might be interested.

I just paid $52 for a deluxe Archangel, which is not an amazing deal but I don’t think I’ll find a much better one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I just paid $52 for a deluxe Archangel, which is not an amazing deal but I don’t think I’ll find a much better one.

Get a nice set of custom folded up wings. It’s a great look and takes up less space.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A more classic styled Flash is coming soon

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1648719575452712960?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Surprised there aren’t two releases, one masked and one unmasked. Is Todd ok?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Eyeball head guy fights Ghost Rider. That's enough for me!

I've got his Marvel Team-Up issue. Gonna use it to fund my kids' college tuition one day. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Get a nice set of custom folded up wings. It’s a great look and takes up less space.

I have seen those and they do look nice, but for me his enormous chrome wings are what make him worth having!