Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Nobody assumes the enemy is dumb when you exercise, you have a live thinking enemy. You always have multiple courses of action from the most likely to the most dangerous and you plan off of that, that's why things like deception, tactical withdrawals into MDA's all happen and why we have planning cycles. Nobody I've served with ever assumes the enemy is dumb, even if they are doing dumb things.

My expertise is armour so if you're able to fix an enemy you can then manoeuvre, I'm talking at squadron level which then feeds into battlegroup and so on and so on.

Do you think thin skinned wheeled vehicles with ATGM's are a substitute for MBT's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

my finger got sucked into my lathe this weekend while making some steel gravers and I’ll tell ya, I wish that thing had just been cut the gently caress off. exposed basically every loving nerve ending to the open air

Was your skin was just rubbed off entirely or what? That sounds very painful.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ardennes posted:

Supposedly Rusich is several dozen dudes, who knows, but again it isn’t comparable to Azov or the large scale structural changes that have happened to the AFU.

they were involved with the death of an antifa named Whiskas 🐈

quote:

The most famous losses are the death of Alexander Bednov's personal guards in an ambush on January 1, 2015. And a lesser-known story about this DShRG getting into the counter-base, during which the former Kyiv anti-fascist "Whiskas" died.[12] In January 2015, Milchakov announced that his unit was no longer subordinate to the leadership of the Luhansk People's Republic. Thus, Milchakov reacted to the information about the killing of the former commander of the Batman group, Alexander Bednov. The commander called the Head of the Luhansk People's Republic Igor Plotnitsky and the government of the LPR “whore children” and said that his unit would fight “against them and against the Ukrainians”.[21]

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Did any of you read that article about Ukrainian soldiers freezing their sperm, there are some insane quotes in it.

https://archive.md/2023.04.18-15075...ce=articleShare

nothing problematic here, nope

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

wheres da semen

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Slavvy posted:

You would've been right at home in the fulda gap

Slavvy posted:

Do you think thin skinned wheeled vehicles with ATGM's are a substitute for MBT's?

II Corps Reserve in Bavaria 😎

I think we were betting on only facing Czechs. Only the fires of that forge could lead to the brilliance of the MMEV.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

rip whiskas

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

Remember when Calibanibal took an existing nazi-

fits my needs posted:

what happened to that guy, i miss him

he was deeply concerned about COVID. I hope he didn't get sick and die.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Ytlaya posted:

Was your skin was just rubbed off entirely or what? That sounds very painful.

polished all the skin off except like the very bottom layer. was unbelievably shiny for like six hours and then it turned into a pillar of crust and ooze

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Slavvy posted:

Nope, they have their place but in true combined arms, it's hard to get sight lines to put you outside of MBT ranges, we've seen from neither side true armoured recce with decent ISTAR.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

polished all the skin off except like the very bottom layer. was unbelievably shiny for like six hours and then it turned into a pillar of crust and ooze

ouchey!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

:barf:

Gore posting is not allowed

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zedhe Khoja posted:

my finger got sucked into my lathe this weekend while making some steel gravers and I’ll tell ya, I wish that thing had just been cut the gently caress off. exposed basically every loving nerve ending to the open air

:smith:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i was promised Semen

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Always, always, always respect the hunger of the Lathe.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Did any of you read that article about Ukrainian soldiers freezing their sperm, there are some insane quotes in it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1648455225764909056

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"You better not use our special nuclear technology because that would violate our magical sanctions! :argh: :freep:"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

"You better not use our special nuclear technology because that would violate our magical sanctions! :argh: :freep:"

whatever you do, definitely don't turn the key to the 'armed' position and then press the big red button, that's against us export regulations :toughguy:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

seems awfully naive of us to try and rationally communicate the concept of our state intellectual rights to the orcish hordes and their mad dog leader when they can't even stop shelling their own occupied facility

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol

Lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

in this bloody horrific conflict what is really critical is that we maintain the sanctity of US export control laws

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i would say something like "uhhhh yeah we'll let you know if we find anything," then never call them back. if they asked i would say i never saw it

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

A Russian troll farm posted:

i would say something like "uhhhh yeah we'll let you know if we find anything," then never call them back. if they asked i would say i never saw it

I would simply ask for photos/schematics/etc. of what 'their' technology is so I can ID it and definitely not analyze it/take it back to Russia proper!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the us clearly is describing it as 'export-controlled'

what russia is doing is clearly an import-related activity

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im going to write a pixar movie where anthropomorphized sensitive us nuclear secrets and a refurbished t55 escape to adventures throughout the neo-ostfront. on their way they meet a cowardly himars, a heartless bmp2, and a leopard 2 without a turret brain. they sing catchy kids songs and learn many lessons about life, love, and the proliferation of poorly guarded yankee secrets

coming soon to vhs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://t.me/rybar/45977

The Wagner troops now hold nearly everything east of the railroad. Not a lot of the city left in Ukrainian hands.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If they made an honest movie about this poo poo zelensky would be played by joe lotruglio

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Slavvy posted:

If they made an honest movie about this poo poo zelensky would be played by joe lotruglio

brooklyn 88

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

the US hasn’t made any real advances in nuclear tech in years and Canada’s SMR projects are literally all just attempts to replace the energy requirements of fossil fuel extraction with nuclear to get more fossil fuels, there’s nothing in that plant the Soviets didn’t have in the 70s I’d bet lolol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It really is wild that the Russians are the ones with a "Wagner" group

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Futanari Damacy posted:

It really is wild that the Russians are the ones with a "Wagner" group
Really should be a Shostakovich group

Or a Tchaikovsky group

Or a Rimsky-Korsakov group

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Isentropy posted:

the US hasn’t made any real advances in nuclear tech in years and Canada’s SMR projects are literally all just attempts to replace the energy requirements of fossil fuel extraction with nuclear to get more fossil fuels, there’s nothing in that plant the Soviets didn’t have in the 70s I’d bet lolol

Read this as Canada's ASMR projects and my mind went to some wild places I tell ya

speng31b
May 8, 2010

platzapS posted:

i was promised Semen

youre welcum

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Delta-Wye posted:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Zedhe Khoja posted:

its not too late.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Guess you shouldnt have "controlled your exports" directly into the borderlands huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol this is wild

quote:

A pro-Kremlin reporter, Olga Skabeeva, said recently on Russian state television that soldiers’ freezing sperm amounted to “genetic experiments to construct a nation.”

“With the help of artificial selection,” she warned, “a whole army of selected Ukrainians with an increased level of Russophobia will be bred.”

Natalya Tolub, a spokeswoman for the IVMED fertility clinic in Kyiv, the capital, said in an email that the reporter’s statements were a sign that the Ukrainians had hit their mark. “Success,” she wrote.