Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKPWItNkeBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:nice:
We can go Tombworld robbing.
If they just added some Orks as random encounters...

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Issaries posted:

:nice:
We can go Tombworld robbing.
If they just added some Orks as random encounters...

Or just have a small band of orks show up as a third party in every other fight. They're like that. Fukkin orks everywhere. If it shouldn't make sense that they're where they are, paint them purple. They were sneaky.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat yeah that's what's really missing, where are the orks? Smh

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I just hope that it´s simply Owlcat being savvy enough to save the introduction of Orks for a later update.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Judging from the Alpha and some things people have found out, everything that can go wrong and gently caress with you happens. So yeah, Orcs will attack at some point.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ork (or even Gretchin)Freebooter companion or bust.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The faction trailer seems to be showcasing the story-centric factions. Enemies like orks and necrons will likely abound but not really be playing a central part in the narrative other than as antagonists. The thing about all four of those factions showcased is they will work with human colonies in exchange for something. They're all potential allies or enemies to a rogue trader.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I dunno; this is entirely my speculation, but judging by how cagey Owlcat seems to be about the 'crons in their videos, I'm guessing the Egyptian Terminators are the big bad, or at least the endgame boss that the RT will need to gather allies to fight against. My guess is that it's your choices that will decide if you fight them alongside Imperials and Aeldari, or Chaos and Drukhari.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Recruitable Necron seriously.

Before everyone jumps down my throat, the Necron dynasties fight each other all the time, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a lost lychguard looking to avenge his fallen dynasty or a cryptek you can hire.

Necrons are cool and they are my friends.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Recruitable Necron seriously.

Before everyone jumps down my throat, the Necron dynasties fight each other all the time, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a lost lychguard looking to avenge his fallen dynasty or a cryptek you can hire.

Necrons are cool and they are my friends.

Only if at the end, the Necron then steals your ship (or some equally valuable artifact) before revealing himself to be Trazyn the Infinite doing some trolling :allears:

Seriously, everyone should read The Infinite and Divine, it's so good.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

The best video game entry of Orks remains this one from Battlefleet Gothic:

https://youtu.be/UHgu_fBlSjk

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

CottonWolf posted:

Ork (or even Gretchin)Freebooter companion or bust.

The perfect companion would be a Ork Kommando that has infiltrated the party using kunning trikz. The rest of the party just pretends not to notice since he's good in a fight.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont know posted:

The perfect companion would be a Ork Kommando that has infiltrated the party using kunning trikz. The rest of the party just pretends not to notice since he's good in a fight.

qft

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

I dont know posted:

Winds up a very 'Mr. Bearington' way, just with the party in on the joke. What? No guardsman, that's not an ork. That's Mistah Kappy. He caps heretics and xenos in the dome for us. Just a bit sickly lookin ogryn for sure, but don't let that fool you. He's very enthusiastic.

Edit: His companion quest to earn his loyalty involves that he's been doing the trik so long that he starts believing he actually is Mistah Kappy. To the point of even confusing other orks they come across. What a jolly chap he is!

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 7, 2023

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ordos Xenos Interrogator just goes full "HE'S A CHICKEN! HE'S A GIANT CHICKEN, I TELLS YA!", unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on your view of it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Winds up a very 'Mr. Bearington' way, just with the party in on the joke. What? No guardsman, that's not an ork. That's Mistah Kappy. He caps heretics and xenos in the dome for us. Just a bit sickly lookin ogryn for sure, but don't let that fool you. He's very enthusiastic.

Edit: His companion quest to earn his loyalty involves that he's been doing the trik so long that he starts believing he actually is Mistah Kappy. To the point of even confusing other orks they come across. What a jolly chap he is!

given that orks operate on a galaxy level pyschic gestalt that powers all their tech it would be completely on brand if he starts looking less and less ork-like if him and other orks just don't believe he's an ork anymore

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That actually sounds really grim. Like, for an ork, wouldn't slowly losing your orkyness be a kind of hell?

Imagine waking up one day and not wanting to have a good scrap.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I dont know posted:

The perfect companion would be a Ork Kommando that has infiltrated the party using kunning trikz. The rest of the party really does not notice since he's just that good.

:colbert:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I confess, I don't know if it would be better with the party humoring the ork, the party just not noticing, or some combination of some realizing and others not.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I dont know posted:

I confess, I don't know if it would be better with the party humoring the ork, the party just not noticing, or some combination of some realizing and others not.

Most of the baselines humans don't know anything about aliens.
He's just a bulky 'Uman with green paint.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Ork Kommando can be like the Mysterious Stranger perk from fallout.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any alpha updates? I dug into it for a couple hours, like the idea but I did not dig into combat enough to understand if I was being strategic or getting lucky. That and the ship based combat was so awful I really didn't want to engage with it again until it gets better or speeds up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's all well and good until you have 6000 snotlings and a couple dozen squigs in c deck.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

It's all well and good until you have 6000 snotlings and a couple dozen squigs in c deck.

You mean the Combat Training Facility?

We go in there sonetimes and hide some slightly-better lasguns and hand tools so the ratings can have their First Adventure.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I still hope that we´ll get a Ratling sniper companion who also acts as our "special acquisitions" store when we are on the ship.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

That actually sounds really grim. Like, for an ork, wouldn't slowly losing your orkyness be a kind of hell?

In lore, captured and isolated orks unable to fight grow fat and listless and depressed

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Seems like if your disguise was based on your orkish power of belief, and you did so well that you started becoming less ork like, then you would also lose some of that power, which in turn would hurt your ability to disguise yourself, making you more orklike again. It's a vicious circle.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64KVFrAbaE

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ya dumb git! Krumpin iz how you make youzelf happy!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Short new trailer with some new locations. 40K lore knowers seem excited by the bit at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEw13YYPeOc

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh poo poo Commorragh?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Azran posted:

Oh poo poo Commorragh?

If there aren’t blatant nods to Ust Natha I will be mildly disappointed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Why are those significant?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Commorragh is the Dark Eldar capital essentially, which means that poo poo keeps hitting the fan in the game

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Eh, maybe you just rent an apartment there for a vacation? Those guys seem down to party.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 19, 2023

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I suspect it's going to be a major fixture of the story given what's been shown of it so far. Maybe on the level of WotR's chapter 4?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Dark eldar have some pretty wild tech so yeah, an unavoidable trap where your group is captured and you have to escape from Commorragh would make sense. Will be interesting to see how much of their depravity OwlCat will be willing to show. I don't recall either Pathfinder game having much beyond "bad guys kill civilians" levels of brutality though so I imagine it'll be quite tame.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

NeverHelm posted:

I suspect it's going to be a major fixture of the story given what's been shown of it so far. Maybe on the level of WotR's chapter 4?

If there’s going to be any part of the game where you can trade in/corrupt your companions for power, or lock in a morality path - this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

It's a huge area in the lore that has been built up in a very coy background kinda way over decades, we very rarely see some glimpses of it or hear some mentions. It's actually a galaxy-spanning alternate dimension, not a "dark city" as it's normally referred to, including in that trailer.

If every other faction got together and attacked it with everything they had, Commorragh would probably still win. Yet it is also irrelevant to the lore at the same time because it's been wasted by Games Workshop. Space Marine books outnumber every other type of Warhammer book combined, and they've neglected a lot of cool things that fans want to see.

A very blank canvas to work with, and the canvas is made out of human skin and...it's moving? It's screaming?

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 19, 2023