Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I love brain trauma and hope to see more of it tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

I love brain trauma and hope to see more of it tonight!

this but actually

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It was nasty and predatory but come on that Minnesota/Dallas game last night was so drat good. What emotion

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

trying to figure out which is worse: what they're calling for or making the thumbnail a completely scrambled Pavelski

They're both pretty loving gross!

it's so goddamned funny. to specifically use the (literally) dirtiest hockey player that ever lived as what you want to see done could mean so many different things. will quote the post I made when Bryan unfortunately passed too soon of his greatest + most insane incidents:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Bryan Marchment innovating by hooking Nieuwendyk's knee and ramming into the boards from like fifteen feet
probably the one he's most known for, and for my money the absolute worst intentional knee-on-knee in NHL history. Neely's ended up worse but I'm surprised Rucinsky was ever able to play again
A close third to the ones above. he tried to knee Mike Modano so bad that he actually missed and got both of Modano's knees
vicious intentional knee-on-knee on Doug Weight
another crazy rear end knee on Glenn Anderson. also an interview where he says knee-on-knee hits are just "something that happens to me, and I'm gonna go out there and take my hits if they're there
Almost killing Mike Gartner for high sticking him by full speed late hitting him head first into the goal post
an insane open ice late jump hit on Kyle Wanvig. doesn't even make sense to hit like this
brutal open ice hit on Mark Recchi. again, hurts himself even more than Recchi. almost breaks Recchi's neck
maybe my favorite hit of his. launches himself like a missile into Teemu Selanne and flies into the boards himself. could have easily injured himself bad
Barely missing ending Joe Sakic's career and flipping him over with a clipping low check
another near-miss attempted clip and hip check on Brian Bellows
Jump checking Donald Brashear and giving him a visible concussion through the neutral zone
a brutal blindside KO hit on Scott Pellerin
pushing Pat Verbeek's feet out from under him after Verbeek scores
sucker punching Rob Pearson
making Tony Twist so mad that Twist tries to Bertuzzi him
manhandling Guy Carbonneau and throwing him on the net
reverse elbowing Modano in the face
Marchment trying to end Bure's career with a clip, then Bure doing his Shane Churla routine on him
following and then elbowing Lubos Bartecko about 10s late
another hit on Selanne, this time late, and then cross checking Steve Rucchin in the face

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

The Toronto Maple Leafs :buddy:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1648460278475161600

you better show me that loving dragon tonight!!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Marchment is basically a lost Johnstown Chief

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Lessail posted:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1648460278475161600

you better show me that loving dragon tonight!!!!

I dunno Imagine Dragons already killed one of their playoff runs.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Hand Knit posted:

I dunno Imagine Dragons already killed one of their playoff runs.

here's a freebie, edit the drakengard ending e if the jets win the series

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol Toronto’s already losing, may as well head to the loser thread now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Right. And the reason his head hit the ice was because it was a late (unexpected) hit.

You think i'm defending the hit or some poo poo? I'm not really. My point is his brain has been scrambled multiple times from ice impacts and I wonder if this could be the end?

And wishing injury or whatever on players is insane. Except Corey Perry. It was okay if he died on the ice or something.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol Toronto’s already losing, may as well head to the loser thread now.

Gonna be some stiff handshakes this year for sure. The utmost respect in these handshakes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Samsonov disappears in the playoffs without fail, I don’t care how good he was this season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Lessail posted:

here's a freebie, edit the drakengard ending e if the jets win the series

This sounds like it might be funny but I understand basically none of it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Gonna be some stiff handshakes this year for sure. The utmost respect in these handshakes.

God that was the funniest poo poo ever

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cooper said in an interview this morning that during the handshakes he told Keefe “don’t change a thing” which is yet another sly own if you think about it

Cartoon Man posted:

Samsonov disappears in the playoffs without fail, I don’t care how good he was this season.

He looks rattled it’s true

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Cooper said in an interview this morning that during the handshakes he told Keefe “don’t change a thing” which is yet another sly own if you think about it

Seems like Keefe really took that advice to heart.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Seems like Keefe really took that advice to heart.

Reuniting Bunting-Matthews-Marner for G1 was the sign that nothing had changed

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

This sounds like it might be funny but I understand basically none of it.

great news, you could play Drakengard and still understand none of it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

great news, you could play Drakengard and still understand none of it

The giant babies come out of sky eggs and eat people, seems straightforward to me

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol they had the graphic of shame ready to go, sorry for the lovely cell phone pic.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

All the Leafs fans telling Caps fans how we’re wrong and Samsonov is changed and good now all season.

Don’t believe his lies baby, he never changes.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The Leafs are capable of anything but I did not expect "getting booed after 20 minutes"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HookShot posted:

All the Leafs fans telling Caps fans how we’re wrong and Samsonov is changed and good now all season.

Don’t believe his lies baby, he never changes.

Lmao yeah all those leafs fans doing that :jerkbag:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Cartoon Man posted:

Born to be a Maple Leaf

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

Can’t wait to watch Toronto out-LOL Edmonton tonight.

:munch:

:yum:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’d be perfectly happy if Bunting never plays another game for the Leafs tbh

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, I haven’t even been watching the NJD shitshow, what a night.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

Been a minute since I've seen credentialed, legacy media calling for frontier justice:

https://twitter.com/MacEngelProf/status/1648196545257283584

Particularly risible given how Dumba's career was altered over multiple games worth of aftermath for a legal hit in Calgary.

The only sportswriter in DFW with worse takes than Max Engel is his wife. Feel free to ignore whatever that moron writes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils have been resilient all season. I think they will be much better Thursday.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Open and closing Igor chants at the Rock in completely different contexts.

Long way to go. Rangers need to clean up their play in their own zone but Igor was stellar tonight and they did a good job neutralizing the Devils rush, stole a game away.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

It’s ok devils I’m sure you killed the rangers on the deserve-to-win o’meter

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Very good 5 on 5 besides the finishing. Really bad in net and on special teams. I think they can sort it out but an early goal or two would be nice for their confidence.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/fitzgsn_/status/1648502993984327680?s=46&t=6jeBqCttHfYZcvTYdgsNIw

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mcmagic posted:

Devils have been resilient all season. I think they will be much better Thursday.

Would you say they deserve to have a better Thursday

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Toronto you loving suck poo poo in the playoffs, goddamn.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Toronno is so bad lmao.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Me seeing Rangers and Bruins fans getting cocky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dZP3io-xc

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thank you for reminding me that Joe Thornton still hasn't officially retired because he was holding out hope some desperate team would sign him at the trade deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think the Leafs have to give Samsonov another game to try to get right, but Keefe better be quick on the hook.

It’s possible that this result forces him into better forward lines but it’s equally likely he’ll overreact and it’ll be Wayne Train time