Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
NHL playoffs are all best-of-seven series. Times for games five through seven are announced during the series if necessary. This information was taken from NHL.com. I'll try and update this OP after each night's games, but no guarantees. I will guarantee to update it for each round, though.

Playoff prediction thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029844
Non-playoff teams (loser/gone fishing) thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028993&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

ROUND 3

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL - Florida [WC2] versus Carolina [M1]

Thu, May 18 FLA@CAR 8:00 PM ET
Sat, May 20 FLA@CAR 8:00 PM ET
Mon, May 22 CAR@FLA 8:00 PM ET
Wed, May 24 CAR@FLA 8:00 PM ET

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL - Dallas [C2] versus Las Vegas [P1]

Fri, May 19 DAL@VGK 8:30 PM ET
Sun, May 21 DAL@VGK 3:00 PM ET
Tue, May 23 VGK@DAL 8:00 PM ET
Thu, May 25 VGK@DAL 8:00 PM ET

ROUND 2

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Toronto [A2] vs. Florida [WC2] Florida won 4-2 :smith:
Carolina [M1] vs. New Jersey [M2] Carolina won 4-1

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Dallas [C2] vs. Seattle [WC1] Dallas won 4-3
Vegas [P1] vs. Edmonton [P2] Vegas won 4-2

ROUND 1

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (A1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) Florida won 4-3
Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) TORONTO WON, BITCHES
Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) Carolina wins 4-2
New Jersey Devils (M2) vs. New York Rangers (M3) NJ wins 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Seattle Kraken (WC1) Seattle won 4-3
Dallas Stars (C2) vs. Minnesota Wild (C3) Dallas won 4-2
Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Winnipeg Jets (WC2) Vegas won 4-1
Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Los Angeles Kings (P3) Edmonton won 4-2

Arivia fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'll check the NHL page again over the next couple days. Hopefully they list whatever networks are broadcasting the other two Western series.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
oh boy go My Teams please win and meet each other in the finals
(lol that's not happening)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress the rangers

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Kings going down in 5. May be 6 if Fiala comes back.

They couldn't beat Edmonton last year, and they only gotten better.

But regardless, gently caress the Oilers.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Go A Minnesota Wild, we face our kidnapped older sibling in a fight to the golf course. We can and will prevail!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

congrats to Seattle on their massive improvement from last year, here's to a fun series!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just putting these here so I know where to find them in a week and a half.

https://i.imgur.com/a5RoOTh.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/1Q9e5P4.mp4

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I put up a prediction thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029844

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs in 7. All four series. All coming back from down 3-0 (in the series, and in game 7). I will not be taking questions.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go avs

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

That's right.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

Leafs in 7. All four series. All coming back from down 3-0 (in the series, and in game 7). I will not be taking questions.

you're gonna kill so many goats there's gonna be new jamaican joints on every corner in toronto

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's go Stars

not looking forward to any tired north stars discourse in this series, but better to get it out of everyone's systems first round I guess

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This is gonna be the Leaf's year! I can feel it!

SECOND ROUND HERE WE GO BAY BEE

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_R4pR1hck

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i hope the leafs win a cup this yer

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It's unfortunate living in EST but cheering for a western team. The Jets start times are brutal. It looks like game 4 starts at 830 local time on a Monday and 930 for me.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Duck Rodgers posted:

It's unfortunate living in EST but cheering for a western team. The Jets start times are brutal. It looks like game 4 starts at 830 local time on a Monday and 930 for me.

yeah, the first four Avs/Kraken games starting at 9/10 EST is a bummer. I miss living in the Mountain Time Zone.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I will be on my honeymoon for Games 4+ for Devils/Rangers. In a place where the games will be on at like 2am

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

These are such interesting brackets though. Is there a predictions thread up yet?

I think the Islanders could potentially upset the Canes with Barzal back. I also think the Jets could Hellebuyck Vegas.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fawning deference posted:

These are such interesting brackets though. Is there a predictions thread up yet?

I think the Islanders could potentially upset the Canes with Barzal back. I also think the Jets could Hellebuyck Vegas.

predictions thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029844

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Previews are popping up (I post the Athletic ones)!

They have new incomprehensible numbers !

Also, no I won’t spam the thread with full re posts of the articles. Just the main screen shots.

How to attempt to read the numbers:
"Offensive Rating: A weighted combination of goals, primary assists, secondary assists, individual expected goals, faceoffs, penalties drawn, expected goals for impact at five-on-five, goals for impact at five-on-five, power-play goal impact and usage.

Defensive Rating: A weighted combination of blocked shots, faceoffs, penalties taken, expected goals against impact at five-on-five, goals against impact at five-on-five, penalty kill impact and usage."

Example:

Anyway. Boston vs Florida:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Having McDavid is a huge advantage and he unsurprisingly has the largest impact on series odds of any skater with a Net Rating of plus-29. That’s as much as Los Angeles’ top seven forwards combined."

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
According to this Florida's defencemen don't do that.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs are going to win. Book it

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
Leafs win the cup, all series go 7 games. 6 overtime wins, all goals by Matthews set up by Marner. John Tavares gets in a fight with Brad Marchard and knocks him out cold, he leaves on a stretcher. Willy scores 2 hat tricks in the Stanley Cup finals games 5 and 6.

They beat the Oilers in the finals. Edmonton and Toronto both riot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is a dumb question - what does n/v actually stand for

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
News/views

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

This is a dumb question - what does n/v actually stand for

News and views.

For example

News: Oilers
Views: Winning the cup in 16 games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thank you lol its been bugging me for a while

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My dumb wife is making me go watch the Avs game on Tuesday instead of playing in my own hockey game. I need some pity please and thank you. I'm suffering

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

RC Cola posted:

My dumb wife is making me go watch the Avs game on Tuesday instead of playing in my own hockey game. I need some pity please and thank you. I'm suffering

condolences. i'll never forget playing in a game during the wings-avs series in 08. i forget which game it was but it seemed like every time i came back to the bench someone told me franzen had scored again lol

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
God willing we get a Battle of New York in the second round. Please offer prayers to Shesty and Sorokie

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I would love to be proven wrong but I just don’t see the Rangers having a good enough defense to make a long Cup run this year especially with the way Miller has been playing as of late.

Honestly would not be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round because can’t keep up with the Devils.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Perfectly accurate numbers that will spawn no arguments.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

Even worse is living in pacific but wanting to watch an eastern team. You can always show up tired and hung over to work, but getting off work early?

No game should start before 9pm EDT

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

I love the part of this that suggests that Jared Spurgeon is the best defensive defenseman in the league. Looking forward to Karlsson winning the Norris this year. It's too bad there's not an award for actually playing D like the Selke is for forwards who actually play D.

Anyway, go Wild.

I have tickets to the Avs v Kraken game 3 though, and the best I can hope for is minor but month long injuries for a half dozen skaters and a 9-8 scoreline. But I figure Grubauer will start and it's still the Kraken defensive structure so it'll be more like 7-3. I hate Dave Hakstol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jhet posted:

I love the part of this that suggests that Jared Spurgeon is the best defensive defenseman in the league. Looking forward to Karlsson winning the Norris this year. It's too bad there's not an award for actually playing D like the Selke is for forwards who actually play D.

Anyway, go Wild.

I have tickets to the Avs v Kraken game 3 though, and the best I can hope for is minor but month long injuries for a half dozen skaters and a 9-8 scoreline. But I figure Grubauer will start and it's still the Kraken defensive structure so it'll be more like 7-3. I hate Dave Hakstol.

Yeah, for the record I enjoy posting the Athletic stats stuff, but I def don’t take it super seriously or think it’s like, super accurate.