Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

explains a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've been putting off playing Mario 64 for around 27 years now. I think I missed the window. Looks a little rough these days. I just want Galaxy 2 on Switch already because I missed that one, too.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

I predict a slew of games that will release very soon and far after May 12.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I imagine any indies dropping tomorrow will have an advantage for the "Need to kill a month before Zelda" crowd.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Flubby posted:

I've been putting off playing Mario 64 for around 27 years now. I think I missed the window. Looks a little rough these days. I just want Galaxy 2 on Switch already because I missed that one, too.

It's got a pretty cartoon art style that has aged incredibly well. And the DS remaster helped with the camera problems. Worth playing for the first time if you've got a PC.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Update: My cat thinks I should stop replaying Hollow Knight. Perhaps a sign of a surprise Silksong drop tomorrow?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Khanstant posted:

It's got a pretty cartoon art style that has aged incredibly well. And the DS remaster helped with the camera problems. Worth playing for the first time if you've got a PC.

there's a kickass 60fps port/romhack out there too. plays great on a linux/android handheld

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Flubby posted:

I thought the remaster the 3D Allstars looked great

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

chaleski posted:

I thought the remaster the 3D Allstars looked great

That was a port not a remaster

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

S I L K S O N G

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The whole situation around Super Mario 3D All-Stars is incredibly stupid.

Yes, the Mario 64 "port" in All-Stars is pretty good, too bad you can't purchase it on the eShop anymore. The version on NSO is a no-frills emulation and objectively worse. The modern PC ports are the best.

Super Mario Galaxy is great in All-Stars. It's also great on a PC with Dolphin, which can also play Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Sunshine is just, uh, Sunshine, in any form.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Yes, the Mario 64 "port" in All-Stars is pretty good, too bad you can't purchase it on the eShop anymore

Eh? The physical release was limited edition. The digital version is still available.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No check again

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Oh no poo poo? My bad and yeah that is extremely weird.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, you could actually get the physical release for far longer than the digital release, because stores didn't stop selling their stock instantly on March 31st 2021, whereas the eShop delisted it immediately. I bought my copy a year after the fact. :classiclol:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
New Genesis games just dropped

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1648492139175890950?s=46&t=W6hVQcOe0Ym3XvsB_eCBIA

Pulse man is a great addition

rox
Sep 7, 2016

kid chameleon lfg!!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Pulseman ftw!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Here I am using a $350 marvel of technology to play Gameboy Tetris.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

Inzombiac posted:

Here I am using a $350 marvel of technology to play Gameboy Tetris.

No, no, no.

Here *I AM* using a $350 marvel of technology to spend $75 on a bundle of games I have purchased probably at least three times already over the course of 30 years of gaming.

(buy FF Pixel Remaster tomorrow everyone)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m saving my $80 for Etrian Odyssey though

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

hatty posted:

That's a weird way of saying you like paying someone to have your balls crushed over and over again. Then again, we all have our kinks.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

haha what posted:

kid chameleon lfg!!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

etrian odyssey pwns

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

hatty posted:

I do, too! And my birthday is coming up. So I'm being a good fish and only allow what is in my budget. But I want FF5 so I can help berserkers really fast. I am excited they finally bring 3 over here, but at least I get to see it in English.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If anyone really liked the theme from the TotK trailer:

https://twitter.com/ActualAero/status/1646602951589351454

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Ring Fit'd for 18 minutes! :dance: It doesn't seem like a long time, but the game was like "don't overdo it, you dumbass, you just started this poo poo again!" so I listened to it the second time it prompted me to chill for the day.

My back popped during the warm-up stretches and it sounded like one of those hosed up chiropractor videos on Youtube.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ive also been thinking of getting back into ringfit. I stopped on what i beleive to be is the last world but im afraid that i probably should start all the way back at the beginning

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they announce Pizza Tower tomorrow. I feel like maybe it’s too soon though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Flubby posted:

play it, dork

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Expecting 18 mins of twee games starring cute dogs making their way in Nazi occupied France and 2 mins on a pixelated roguelike

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

hatty posted:

Expecting 18 mins of twee games starring cute dogs making their way in Nazi occupied France and 2 mins on a pixelated roguelike

I'd play a rogue like about cute dog saboteurs in Vichy France

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

they are cute furry tank gunners rather than saboteurs, but Fuga is that, kinda

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there was also that incredibly bad Xbox 360 game about werewolves in Nazi occupied france

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Hoping for a release date for Mineko's Night Market in tomorrow's indie showcase. Been looking forward to that game for years now.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Mr.Acula posted:

Ive also been thinking of getting back into ringfit. I stopped on what i beleive to be is the last world but im afraid that i probably should start all the way back at the beginning

Hmm, you could but I just looked it up and I guess there's new game+. Maybe beat the game and restart that way. And if you're like me and haven't played in a long time you can lower the difficulty at any time if it's too difficult. Or go back to previous worlds to try and 100% them.

I just picked it up again over a month ago and the first two weeks I played at a lower difficulty. I try to play every day until the counter says at least 100 calories burned which takes almost an hour. Google tells me I should be aiming for 300-500 per day for weight loss, rip.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Oh no poo poo? My bad and yeah that is extremely weird.

Personally I was more than happy to pay their MSRP for these til I found out they were limited release. Decide to pirate instead as a gently caress you to nintendo, they must think I'm stupid if imma entertain paying full price for limited edition roms lmao

...I've still given them an embarrassing amount of money so take that for what it's worth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

play it, dork

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

elf help book posted:

play it, dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Flubby posted:

I snagged a cheap unopened copy of 3D All-Stars last year and I had a decent time beating the game for the first time in my life. Had to replace the stick in my left joycon afterwards, though. Some missions can absolutely go gently caress themselves and I still have no idea how you're supposed to use the wing cap properly.