Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

palindrome posted:

Big fan, I appreciate how some of the lifestyles can only be generated from ancestors.

also how you can plot your clan's generational path from opulence to financial ruin Urban Legacies

Y'all nonwhites have to sit in the back bottom corner of our chart

e: What a terrible snipe

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 06:26 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Hey, that's me! I also look at my phone while doing something on my laptop and laugh. They really know their stuff, I've got to say.

ok but i also do this and it's great for doomscrolling twice as fast

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I appreciate how there are no lines from "multicultural" to "high income". Pathway doesn't exist.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

I appreciate how there are no lines from "multicultural" to "high income". Pathway doesn't exist.

The more I look at it the more weird stuff I notice, like how single low income people spontaneously generate out of the aether unconnected to anything, or how there's a grouping just called "Owner", or how the light blue lines seem to be dividing the graph into regions except one in the bottom center which is apparently connecting all the B circles together

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Whenever I've had to make questionably useful visuals in a corporate setting usually version 1 that I make on my own from primary data at least has a clear idea and consistency behind it. Version 2 might be an improvement as close colleagues look at it and point out things I overlooked/errors and I incorporate/correct them. What ends up being distributed and "used" is version 8+ which is a Frankensteinian amalgam of a dozen different managers' idiot inputs based on their misunderstanding of the original data and/or original intention of the visualization and/or them trying to push their pet project and/or justify their budgets and/or gently caress with other managers' inputs for office politics reasons.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I would love to see ChatGPT or whatever the poo poo try to merge that document with the pepsi marketing abomination.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
on second thoughts, that's probably what was generated by the black hole engine thing in Event Horizon, so maybe not

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

palindrome posted:

Big fan, I appreciate how some of the lifestyles can only be generated from ancestors.

also how you can plot your clan's generational path from opulence to financial ruin Urban Legacies

Here I was using only two axes to dissect class, and I was worried one was going to be based on sentiment analysis (solidarity). I didn't realize you could add a THIRD axis and have multiple s.a. values on a graph to make it really stupid! This is why these guys get paid the big bucks.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

lmao aging of aquarius

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

palindrome posted:

These Path of Exile build guides are just too much for me.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
gently caress I'd love to get paid 300k a year to rail coke and make up poo poo like that.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

cat botherer posted:

gently caress I'd love to get paid 300k a year to rail coke and make up poo poo like that.

Okay, the first thing you gotta do is get born rich...

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Step 1: be born rich
Step 2: irrational and unshakable belief that you are always right
Step 3: no sense of shame or right and wrong
Step 4: hardened nostrils with high tensile strength
Step 5: profit

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

i'm the polar opposite of these things lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

ArmZ posted:

Condolences on your weak, flabby nostrils

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ArmZ posted:

Ok, well have you considered being in the top 1-2% performers in your k-12 schooling? They let in some of those to the networking colleges too.
It's a suboptimal start, but might work

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Coolness Averted posted:

Ok, well have you considered being in the top 1-2% performers in your k-12 schooling? They let in some of those to the networking colleges too.
It's a suboptimal start, but might work

But only some. The valedictorian of mine still couldn't go anywhere cool and ended up at a CSU just like me, the 2.6 GPA with untreated ADHD. She deserved so much better.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

tokin opposition posted:

1 out of 5 baby

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:five:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

skooma512 posted:

But only some. The valedictorian of mine still couldn't go anywhere cool and ended up at a CSU just like me, the 2.6 GPA with untreated ADHD. She deserved so much better.

The CSU system was pretty decent when I went there, but yeah the same thing happened to my valedictorian buddy. Hell, I was accepted into more UC schools than them due to an extra curricular thing, but also wound up going to the same CSU as them, just after two years at a community college.

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!
Oh, I've seen those experian groups before. The thing about them is, they're categories of people for marketing to. A lot of the classification is around income and demographics, but also spending habits... people who want to buy cutting edge tech, people who like to donate a lot to charity, etc. The idea is, you're a marketing exec for some company or nonprofit, you figure out who you want to sell to, and Experian gives you Glengarry Glen Ross -esque leads for sending direct mailers, email campaigns, web targeting, etc.

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!
some very capitalism.png screenshots I took of some of their documentation a couple of years ago

It's likely everyone posting here is classified into at least one of these categories.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that just looks like horoscope predictions with more segments for income distribution

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

double nine posted:

that just looks like horoscope predictions with more segments for income distribution

Why come up with new bullshit when you can copy tried and true bullshit?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

cmerepaul posted:

some very capitalism.png screenshots I took of some of their documentation a couple of years ago

It's likely everyone posting here is classified into at least one of these categories.

This is turbo cursed, holy gently caress

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

If you accept marketing as a valuable subject (lol), having segments to market to is very valuable. There's a reason that the train to the low income areas of Copenhagen had ads for predatory loans and not for luxury cars.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

cmerepaul posted:

Oh, I've seen those experian groups before. The thing about them is, they're categories of people for marketing to.

That explains the lack of very poor people

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

These senior citizens aren't slowing down anytime soon.
https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/older_adult_drivers/index.html

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

You should have your car, vote, and access to the internet revoked at 65 imo. Can't have a bunch of welfare queens wasting their money on frivolous things

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I wonder how many people are killed/injured by old drivers every year?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

You should have your car, vote, and access to the internet revoked at 65 imo. Can't have a bunch of welfare queens wasting their money on frivolous things

:frogsiren: >99% of Olds own a refrigerator!!! :frogsiren:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

cmerepaul posted:

It helps you understand America better when you understand charts like this are how politicians decide their platforms

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Skip the middle man and kill everyone over 30 40

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

Skip the middle man and kill everyone over 30 40

I would happily take one for the team.

Logan's Run 2024.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Seeing things like this literally doesn't even phase me anymore - (actually, I'm laughing)

E: might as well link to the poop if anyone wants to observe the ratio of harvest some Maoist/cringe pics

Failed Imagineer has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Apr 20, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

cmerepaul posted:

God! I hope not.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Group H: Sweat Equity > H01: Cash Comfortable posted:

light-blue collar professionals

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Failed Imagineer posted:

Seeing things like this literally doesn't even phase me anymore - (actually, I'm laughing)

E: might as well link to the poop if anyone wants to observe the ratio of harvest some Maoist/cringe pics

Wow I've never seen this take before and I wish I never did. This is so revolting I didn't even consider people ever thought this.

Incredible!

edit: the more i look the worse it gets

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah.

Pro-landlord and Racism from 1881, an inseparable pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:yeah:

Great idea, Varvel!