Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't beaches sometimes have weird laws with alchohol? Could be that too

Perhaps but I think the no 40's in flordia thing sounds true, I believe that was a 32 ozr state because clearly that would solve the problem of people drinking too much from a 40 oz

edit: yeah there is a specific florida law about malt liquor being served in containers larger than 32 oz

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Broadlybrowsing posted:

My feeling in college was I could save money on alcohol by drinking on an empty stomach. this was probably unhealthy

This works for other drugs too

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Broadlybrowsing posted:

My feeling in college was I could save money on alcohol by drinking on an empty stomach. this was probably unhealthy

I just drank warm vodka, right from the bottle

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I drink in a big bed with my wife

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I drink in a big bed with failed imagineer’s wife

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Broadlybrowsing posted:

the real tip is to drink full-carb beer instead of lite, that way you can skip a meal and get drunker

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Soylent IPA

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
That is obviously a nazi flag but what's the specific symbolism of "9↑8"?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
that's a specific unit stationed in dnipro iirc
e: yeah it's an Azov unit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/98th_Territorial_Defence_Battalion_%27Azov-Dnipro%27

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Apr 19, 2023

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Even three whole 40's of standard malt liquor is only between 10 and 11 alcoholic drinks. It's when you get into the higher gravity versions that you're buying a greasy, cheap oblivion.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Broadlybrowsing posted:

Anything you put up the butt bypasses the liver

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Spergin Morlock posted:

no Schlitz malt liquor?
NO SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR?

gonna slam a schlitz and become emperor of Milwaukee

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Even three whole 40's of standard malt liquor is only between 10 and 11 alcoholic drinks. It's when you get into the higher gravity versions that you're buying a greasy, cheap oblivion.

they sell 24oz cans of craft beers that are like 10% at gas stations now for $4 which means you can get wasted on decent beer for cheap. unfortunately trying to drink 48oz of triple imperial ipa or whatever sucks rear end too unless you space it out a lot so meh.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

fermun posted:

it started because a friend messed with my 40 when i went to the bathroom by pouring instant rice in it and i didn't have the cash to get another so i just drank it and then i did it intentionally sometimes after that as it was food, got me drunk, and was really cheap.
mistakes pranks into miracles

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

mistakes pranks into miracles
I got "pranked" once when I left a half-full bloody mary behind when I went to take a leak. When I got back, it was full again, which I questioned, then said "oh well" and drank it anyway. My friends had refilled it with Newcastle and Tabasco sauce.

It was delicious.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I drink in a big bed with failed imagineer’s wife

That's why we got the big bed

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
I looked up what malt liquor was, and the last page's discussion makes A LOT more sense after realizing that it's a 5% beer and not like actual 40% liquor.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Bot 02 posted:

I looked up what malt liquor was, and the last page's discussion makes A LOT more sense after realizing that it's a 5% beer and not like actual 40% liquor.

It's usually more like an 8% beer

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And it's 40 ounces, or 1.2 liters.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FFT posted:

And it's 40 ounces, or 1.2 liters.

So Edward Fortyhands is about 5 pints worth of strong beer, and college bros are getting blackout drunk.

Lol. soft as pillows

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

So Edward Fortyhands is about 5 pints worth of strong beer, and college bros are getting blackout drunk.

Lol. soft as pillows
Getting blackout drunk isn't the point. Finishing 2.4 liters before you're able to take a piss without assistance is the point.

Worth noting: I've never seen a night start with Edward 40hands.

stringless has issued a correction as of 11:01 on Apr 19, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FFT posted:

Getting blackout drunk isn't the point. Finishing 2.4 liters before you're able to take a piss without assistance is the point.

Worth noting: I've never seen a night start with Edward 40hands.

Fair enough. I reckon I could finish one and then shove it down my pants to piss into tho. No guarantees I wouldn't absolutely piss my pants but I guess that's all in the game

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Broadlybrowsing posted:

Incredibly unhealthy.

The REAL way to save money on alcohol is to donate blood first, then go get absolutely slaughtered on a 6 pack of the cheapest abv swill you can find.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

fermun posted:

i have a feeling that answering will only raise more questions but:

as others stated, olde english, so a malt liquor that's stronger than normal beer, and 40 ounce bottles so each bottle is about 5 standard drinks, and they are incredibly cheap. and the rice was instant rice, so freeze-dried cooked rice, it just rehydrates immediately, then i could just drink it down and not have to worry about cooking dinner that night. the rice also has a bunch of nucleation points so the co2 would come out of solution faster and that also made it easier to drink the two 40s quickly.

the convenience store near my college apartment had both 40s and small boxes of Minute Rice instant rice, and i could get 2 40s and a box of minute rice for like 8 bucks and be drunk all night and have food in my belly. it was like one of those meal replacement shakes except incredibly boozy and not at all nutritionally balanced.

it started because a friend messed with my 40 when i went to the bathroom by pouring instant rice in it and i didn't have the cash to get another so i just drank it and then i did it intentionally sometimes after that as it was food, got me drunk, and was really cheap.

I think I will remember this post for the rest of my life.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I went to school in Wisconsin and a dude I knew just bought the 190 proof everclear bottles and would take a shot every few hours to maintain his drunkenness. He said it was the most value efficient way

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fair enough. I reckon I could finish one and then shove it down my pants to piss into tho. No guarantees I wouldn't absolutely piss my pants but I guess that's all in the game
Ah, you misunderstand. It's called Edward 40hands because the 40s are taped to your hands until you've finished both bottles.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean you could still try it, but the lack of manual dexterity would be tricky

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zipperelli. posted:

Incredibly unhealthy.

The REAL way to save money on alcohol is to donate blood first, then go get absolutely slaughtered on a 6 pack of the cheapest abv swill you can find.

I had a major concussion, and after that I could get hammered from two drinks.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one time out of morbid curiosity I got a bottle of old crow and I got about a glass and a half in before I couldn't take it anymore

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

one time out of morbid curiosity I got a bottle of old crow and I got about a glass and a half in before I couldn't take it anymore

sometimes I see old crow in restaurant cocktails that cost $15 and im just like....huh??

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

sometimes I see old crow in restaurant cocktails that cost $15 and im just like....huh??

lmfao what a scam

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Under a Bernie presidency, we would be able to get 5 or even 6Loko

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Once again I'm left wondering what's wrong with bottom shelf vodka? Why all the weird schemes to get drunk on a budget?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
they put it on the bottom because it's very heavy from all the lead added to it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Drinking is part addiction, part enjoyment, part escapism and part social bonding parsed through class barriers. Going for the best strength:cost ratio by buying bottom shelf whatever is a sign of alcoholism, getting dressed up and going for cocktails or drinking huge quantities of booze because it is strapped to your hands at a party is a social occasion. The aim isn't inherently focused on units of alcohol consumed, it's everything else around it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I take your point. Next time I'm drinking a half pint of Popov I'll tape it to my hand and go to a park.

wash bucket has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Apr 19, 2023

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

namesake posted:

Drinking is part addiction, part enjoyment, part escapism and part social bonding parsed through class barriers. Going for the best strength:cost ratio by buying bottom shelf whatever is a sign of alcoholism, getting dressed up and going for cocktails or drinking huge quantities of booze because it is strapped to your hands at a party is a social occasion. The aim isn't inherently focused on units of alcohol consumed, it's everything else around it.

I like beer OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die