Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bisse posted:

The same deck is still ”good” you just need to use a brain now and fight a bit harder for your wins.

Ew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This is not a thinking man's game. That's why I play Surfer move.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Snap is a thinking idiot's game, which is why I've liked it more than other digital card games.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just pulled Thanos, but oddly enough I've probably only faced Thanos once. Is Death & Thanos still a viable deck?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What is this... a hot location I can't complain about??? It's a miracle!!!

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

No Wave posted:

What is this... a hot location I can't complain about??? It's a miracle!!!

It lets my opponent draw a card! Trash garbage!!!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Darkhawk players in shambles.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I finally got Thanos. Woohoo! I made an ongoing deck and played a couple games. I'm not sure I know how to pilot it well.

I know I've seen a deck posted here a couple times. Is there a beginners writeup for it?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

literally nothing but patriot tonight since I swapped to sandman leader

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I got nothing but Galactus, lucky you.

Edit: I was watching Apple+ at the time, so any losses are 90% on me.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sandman Leader Trip Report:
It's good versus the following decks
Falcon Hit Monkey
Sandman Leader

It's bad versus the following decks:
The Others.

I've mostly seen people playing it in a ramp capacity though, and the little guy decks tend to be too explosive early on. Old Leech Leader might make more sense, but copying a single card has been "~~~ehhhh~~~ okay"

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I've been having a pretty good time with Sandman Leader, but mine plays Kang, and I win a good portion of matches by snapping on Turn 6 and playing Kang.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Would it hurt you assholes to retreat? Goddammit.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Fun fact: Sandman can't stop you from playing Jeff as long as he's the second card you play!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cool, I got to play Thanos lockjaw a whole 2 weeks before it got nerfed. I'm extra salty because lockjaw was my season 3 shop card this month.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Fun fact: Shuri now follows Jessica Jones and Spider-man rules, in that her ability affects the location itself and not where her card is.

Making Quake the most hilarious anti-Shuri tech available.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kooriken posted:

Fun fact: Sandman can't stop you from playing Jeff as long as he's the second card you play!

That's awesome

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Best card in the game.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Experimenting with Cerebro 3, how does this deck look to y'all?

Definitely not as consistent as Cerebro 2

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Scrap Dragon posted:

I think you need sentinel in C3.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

I think you need sentinel in C3.

Yeah, Brood and Sinister need to be dropped for Jeff and Mysterio as well.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Jeff the freshly released s5 and Mysterio the 4 power card?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Scrap Dragon posted:

Too many Bast and Valk targets. I'd drop Sinister and Brood and add in Sentinel and Wasp if you have her. I'd probably drop Spiderman and Prof X too. Maybe Mysterio for the chance to Bast him. Scarlet Witch or Rhino is decent too. Shadow King is actually decent for C3, especially now that he's 3 cost.

Part of the reason C3 is less consistent is because it's harder to flood the board compared to C2. Sentinel and Wasp help with that, and a couple of 1 cost cards couldn't hurt. Hawkeye is good on curve, Blade or Zero are decent with Zero being better than Blade.

I love C3 but it's mostly a just for fun deck. Cheap cards are the easiest way to make it work.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Jeff the freshly released s5 and Mysterio the 4 power card?

Mysterio is a decent Bast target since every clone becomes 3 power. You can always Valkyrie the real one too, though it does leave you with 2 dead cards on the board.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wouldn't have thought that Mysterio clones would be affected by bast

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah. I think they're affected by scorpion too but that also feels kinda dumb, it doesnt make much sense to me that buffs on the main body carry over to clones (and vice-versa).

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So really instead of a card that generates two clones it's just three cards mashed into one where you play two for free

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

That's why it's so essential for Sera control to crank up Bishop and give you extra Nova targets. Think of it as three 0 power cards where you choose one to get +4 at the end of the game

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yeah the big Mysterio aha-moment is when you realize it ’plays’ its clones, unlike Squirrel Girl and Doom which ’add’ its clones. This means it triggers Angela, Bishop, is 6 power for Hit Monkey, etc. It also means it cant add copies to Sanctum Sanctorum, Vault on T6 etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont think anyone is confused by that part... clones keeping buffs is confusing cause it's such a flavor fail for a card they put so much mechanical work into.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bisse posted:

Yeah the big Mysterio aha-moment is when you realize it ’plays’ its clones, unlike Squirrel Girl and Doom which ’add’ its clones. This means it triggers Angela, Bishop, is 6 power for Hit Monkey, etc. It also means it cant add copies to Sanctum Sanctorum, Vault on T6 etc.

I got that part quickly enough, it's just unintuitive to me to say that instead of Mysterio being a 2/4 that plays a 2/0 on the other zones, he's actually a 2/4 and two 2/0s crammed into one card in your hand and is affected by poo poo like bast and scorpion

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The actual point of Mysterio is that you can't tell which one is the clone, so the only thing that makes sense is if you have all three cards affected by in-hand buffs and debuffs. Unless we're suggesting that Mysterio gains and loses all of his in-hand power at the end of the game.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

No Wave posted:

I dont think anyone is confused by that part... clones keeping buffs is confusing cause it's such a flavor fail for a card they put so much mechanical work into.

This is done to make the clones indistinguishable from the real one via in game inspection.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Youremother posted:

The actual point of Mysterio is that you can't tell which one is the clone, so the only thing that makes sense is if you have all three cards affected by in-hand buffs and debuffs. Unless we're suggesting that Mysterio gains and loses all of his in-hand power at the end of the game.
The intuitive thing is to have all clones zero when they're played and the real mysterio keeps his hand buffs but hidden the same way he keeps his base power but hidden. The real mysterio is the card in your hand and only one of the clones is the real mysterio.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 19, 2023

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I'm getting a crash to desktop every time someone plays Spider-Man.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Does Bast work on Brood or Sinister? I don't have her but I've seen a number of streamers playing with her for a while. She's probably the most broken card no one talks about. She fits into a ton of different lists, and on a high roll she can play for 20 or more total power.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Umbra Dubium posted:

You're not the only one. It's bugged, pun unintentional.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Walla posted:

Does Bast work on Brood or Sinister? I don't have her but I've seen a number of streamers playing with her for a while. She's probably the most broken card no one talks about. She fits into a ton of different lists, and on a high roll she can play for 20 or more total power.

She does. It's why I'm loathe to take them out of my C3 deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Umbra Dubium posted:

Dang they buffed Spider-Man that much?!