Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

i dont really get acting like the entirety of fate died besides for fgo lol. they put out extella, extella link, a bunch of anime and manga that were unrelated to fgo (besides being in the fate franchise), that terrible cooking with emiya game, the tsukihime remake, melty blood, etc. im pretty sure more non-fgo fate content has come out since fgo came out than before it.

I'll admit I expressed myself wrong, I was thinking more of Nasu projects specifically rather than Type Moon in general and even then it's not 100% on FGO but also Nasu himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, Nasu writes such giant stories for FGO that I can't blame him for making that his main priority, and even then, the extellas and the tsukihime remake were still his work. It's not like we were living in a golden age of nasu work before FGO, it was 7 years between FSN and mahotsukai and then 7 years between mahotsukai and the tsukihime remake.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, a bad post in retrospect.

Also more on topic, gently caress, I just realized I'll have to do MD on my phone whose battery drains real fast, gently caress. I really hope they change their mind on the anti-cheat or there's enough noise to make them think about it.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Anyway yeah there's a few fights that no matter what I'm doing I can't seem to get nearly as fast as any of the guides but while I'm not gonna bang my head against it any more just to get under 120, I got a solid trim down from my first run, so I'm content (especially after being unavailable for most of week 1 anyway). In the end I'm just here to have a fun time with interesting characters anyway. 's all good, onwards to hell chicken!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

i dont really get acting like the entirety of fate died besides for fgo lol. they put out extella, extella link, a bunch of anime and manga that were unrelated to fgo (besides being in the fate franchise), that terrible cooking with emiya game, the tsukihime remake, melty blood, etc. im pretty sure more non-fgo fate content has come out since fgo came out than before it.

tbf Melty has 3 FGO dlc characters lol

e: Anyway i'm in the middle of chapter 3 and man this Nest sucks. N corp going on a crusade through a village? Whatever. Someone acknowledging the homeless? WEE WOO TABOO DETECTED ALL HANDS ON DECK

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 19, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Yinlock posted:

e: Anyway i'm in the middle of chapter 3 and man this Nest sucks. N corp going on a crusade through a village? Whatever. Someone acknowledging the homeless? WEE WOO TABOO DETECTED ALL HANDS ON DECK

The impression I got was less they acknowledged the homeless and more Don Quixote tried to stab one of their guys for being an rear end in a top hat to the homeless.

But yeah it is kind of weird that N-Corp essentially lets a violent extremist group loose inside their nest and they're just, okay with it? If K-Corp is the enemy next chapter, which the Refraction Railway seemed to imply with those K-Corp guys who we didn't see when they first showed up, it might explain why

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 19, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The best guess I've heard about that is the more popular prosthetics are, the more they devalue K Corp's healing bullets, so having N Corp dispose of the prosthetic makers is a win for both Corps.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheNabster posted:

The impression I got was less they acknowledged the homeless and more Don Quixote tried to stab one of their guys for being an rear end in a top hat to the homeless.

But yeah it is kind of weird that N-Corp essentially lets a violent extremist group loose inside their nest and they're just, okay with it? If K-Corp is the enemy next chapter, which the Refraction Railway seemed to imply with those K-Corp guys who we didn't see when they first showed up, it might explain why

That's kinda what I meant by acknowledging them. With how the City usually rolls and how they call it a "Taboo" I expect that trying to help the homeless(and therefore making people acknowledge they exist) is a far greater crime than assaulting a guard.

My guess is that a village is just deemed acceptable losses to K-corp, stopping N-corp would be a hassle and it's not like they're damaging anything actually important, like an executive's lawn.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Checking out stuff, it seems the Ruina artbook mentions P Corp uses their singularity to create giant tubs of ice cream, and the Shelter from March mentions a P Company it could be referring to P Corp even if the Shelter is an abnormality. So they make big storage stuff I guess?

Also honestly given we know from 7 Yi Sang's story there's a Cinq Association and also a Tres one I feel like there are 13 in total because until now they've been 100% following the Association - Language - Sinner pattern (Hana - Korean - Yi Sang, Zwei - German - Faust, Tres - Spanish - Don, Shi - Japanese - Ryoshu, Cinq - French - Mersault, Liu - Chinese - Hong Lu, Seven - English - Heathcliff, Ouif - Swiss - Sinclair).

Which would mean the missing ones would be Eight (Ishmael), Devâtʹ (Rodion), Dieci (Dante), Dódeka (Outis) and... whatever language Gregor is meant to be?

Mirinae's Credenza posted:

There are twelve Fixer Associations across the City

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Easy mistake to make, there used to be thirteen, but now only twelve after the merger.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Association 13 could be like District 26.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Theantero posted:

Easy mistake to make, there used to be thirteen, but now only twelve after the merger.
In that case, I'd assume the missing/destroyed one to be the Deici Association, since Dante isn't an active combatant.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arzaac posted:

The best guess I've heard about that is the more popular prosthetics are, the more they devalue K Corp's healing bullets, so having N Corp dispose of the prosthetic makers is a win for both Corps.

That's probably part of it, but in the flashbacks Sinclair himself says that everything is started because he lets slip that his father made a deal with P Corp, which his father made him promise not to spill, so it's a form of Corporate warfare/house cleaning, which means Kromer was a diplomat/spy from N corp.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I’m so excited to spend all my pulls, get nothing I want, and ragequit the game you guys. :allears:

That’s only half a joke, given that I’m trying to hit both warp Don and RB ryoshu within 160 or so pulls.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I have 400+ crates so if things go wring I can prooobably spark both event stuff (if it's good, Sinclair ain't that attractive to me aince I lack Blade Lineage)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

GilliamYaeger posted:

In that case, I'd assume the missing/destroyed one to be the Deici Association, since Dante isn't an active combatant.

No, it was the Nine association.

7 8 9

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

I’m so excited to spend all my pulls, get nothing I want, and ragequit the game you guys. :allears:

That’s only half a joke, given that I’m trying to hit both warp Don and RB ryoshu within 160 or so pulls.

If this were FGO, I would tell you "good luck, lmao", but Limbus Company has actually sane rates, so I would say you have a solid chance.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

TeeQueue posted:

This is my situation, though I think it’s closer to 130 pulls. I am sitting on ~600 shard pick boxes so I can just select whatever if it comes down to it, but I sort of want to save that for EGOs which the game refuses to give me.

Then again, these are probably the last ‘new’ banners we’re going to see in season 1, aren’t they, so I guess it’s getting on time to burn those chests anyway!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ayndin posted:

This is my situation, though I think it’s closer to 130 pulls. I am sitting on ~600 shard pick boxes so I can just select whatever if it comes down to it, but I sort of want to save that for EGOs which the game refuses to give me.

Then again, these are probably the last ‘new’ banners we’re going to see in season 1, aren’t they, so I guess it’s getting on time to burn those chests anyway!

There's 1 more banner we're getting before Season 2 according to the roadmap. Also half the S1 boxes will become S2 boxes so the proper traditional way is to never use them cause what if you need them later? :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Ayndin posted:

According to the roadmap we have one more set of IDs before the end of S1, so keep a few chests if you aren't 100% set on this.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...huh, I just noticed the S2 pass will have updates with new EGO. More levels or will they stagger the rewards?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
staggered seems like a good bet since it was pretty trivial to bumrush the whole s1 pass

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
Could also be a way to hide story related twists (kinda like they did with the april 1st event thing).

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Turns out the rates are about double Fate/GO's for rate up 5*s, so I'm not really sure I'd call them reasonable or sane - they're both exceptionally bad actually, but that's the whole gacha model eh? Conveniently there's an event running in Fate now so we can check the rates on the banners directly - 0.800% for Miss Crane, a 5* vs 1.45% for Seven Section 6 Director Outis on the comparable banner in Limbus. But if you have the boxes at least you can get the character that way in Limbus...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jack Van Burace posted:

Turns out the rates are about double Fate/GO's for rate up 5*s, so I'm not really sure I'd call them reasonable or sane - they're both exceptionally bad actually, but that's the whole gacha model eh? Conveniently there's an event running in Fate now so we can check the rates on the banners directly - 0.800% for Miss Crane, a 5* vs 1.45% for Seven Section 6 Director Outis on the comparable banner in Limbus. But if you have the boxes at least you can get the character that way in Limbus...

3% base for a(ny) premium unit is admittedly the best I've seen in any gacha I've played to date. I shudder to think what Fate's base rate is.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Quackles posted:

3% base for a(ny) premium unit is admittedly the best I've seen in any gacha I've played to date. I shudder to think what Fate's base rate is.

1% for a 5* in general, then an 80% chance of getting the banner unit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Limbus rates are pretty okay but it also has the most generous spark system I've ever seen in a gacha, so it makes up for it in spades. Seriously, I can't think of any other gacha that lets you so easily grind for WHATEVER you want with relative ease.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think the best rates I've seen for a gacha came from FFRK. Banners usually had like 9-12 rate-up items on them, and you had a 12% chance per pull to get a rate-up. Generally there were one or two grand prize items, but practically speaking any of the rate-up items were useful.

Also for that matter it had a system where you guaranteed got a 5 star item on a 10-pull, which wasn't always a rate-up item but it was like an 80% chance.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Whether a gacha is good or not depends on the game as a whole, more than just looking at the flat rates. Having a high SSR rate doesn't help if getting enough free currency to roll is a pain in the rear end. Having a pity system that lets you get your first copy of a unit easily doesn't help if you need to pull five copies of them to make them useful. For FGO, the rates aren't great and the pity system is a joke, but the rate you get F2P quartz is steady enough and the amount of extra rolling you need to do to make a character usable is low enough that I would call its gacha more arbitrary than bad.

Similarly, people don't say Limbus' gacha is good because the gacha itself is good. They say it's good because the devs are generous with currency for rolls and the rate they hand out ego shards means it's easy to get stuff you missed. All of that could change, but it's a good start.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 19, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't see the amount of shards you can get being the same come season 2, definitely expecting the BP crates being reduced to like 1 or the crates only having 1 shard instead of 1~3.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though, but those are my predictions.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
You only get one crate per BP level unless you bought a battlepass, and if you do then mission accomplished on making you spend money? :v:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't see the amount of shards you can get being the same come season 2, definitely expecting the BP crates being reduced to like 1 or the crates only having 1 shard instead of 1~3.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though, but those are my predictions.

My assumption is that they aren't going to make the BP crates worse because that would be a really bad look, but they will make the battle pass longer and more staggered so you only get the 4.2 stuff when 4.2 comes out, which means there's less room for getting infinite shard crates through daily play.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's probably easier to just... massively nerf non-bonus MD runs cause that's the source of the massive stacks of crates. If they turn the EXP into 1 suddenly it's still grindable but much more of a pain and a 7x energy cost.

Okay, I'll admit I'm biased because I don't farm MD and macro farmers are the reason they're putting Anticheat into the game.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

My assumption is that they aren't going to make the BP crates worse because that would be a really bad look, but they will make the battle pass longer and more staggered so you only get the 4.2 stuff when 4.2 comes out, which means there's less room for getting infinite shard crates through daily play.

I feel like when the parts of the BP are finished we’ll be getting those bonus egoshard crates until the next part is released. That’s what makes sense to me, anyways. Otherwise we’re getting exp that does nothing at all, which is bad game feel.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's probably easier to just... massively nerf non-bonus MD runs cause that's the source of the massive stacks of crates. If they turn the EXP into 1 suddenly it's still grindable but much more of a pain and a 7x energy cost.

Okay, I'll admit I'm biased because I don't farm MD and macro farmers are the reason they're putting Anticheat into the game.

That'd basically kill mirror runs outside of the weekly boosts. 1 XP for ~30m of playtime means a single BP level now takes around 5 hours.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I feel like if you wanted to nerf MD macro usage without affecting regular players you'd hike the Lunacy price for Enkephalin refill (or rather hike how fast it scales upwards).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SITB posted:

I feel like if you wanted to nerf MD macro usage without affecting regular players you'd hike the Lunacy price for Enkephalin refill (or rather hike how fast it scales upwards).

I thought there was already a cap on the number of times you can refill using Luna each day?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
seems like it'd just be easier to adjust the egoshard price of stuff in the shop. though I'm not convinced they have to fiddle with any of it, as long as they keep the battle pass attractive. the banners and alternate announcers are a fun idea, I'm sure they could expand on stuff in that vein

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Quackles posted:

I thought there was already a cap on the number of times you can refill using Luna each day?

The problem is that the whole module system means you can max out on lunacy refills every day and just bank the modules for when you have time to actually play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

According to the roadmap we have one more set of IDs before the end of S1, so keep a few chests if you aren't 100% set on this.

I’m hoping to need to do no more than two shard picks here, and ideally less. I’d like to pick up Don Telepole by the end of the season, maybe mersault’s gacha EGO too. Not sure how many of those are worthwhile outside of completionism.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 19, 2023