Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

its so weird when you have a session with serious roleplay breakthroughs from reserved players and your favorite narrative beats actually land but also one of your players decides to experiment sexually by crawling into the gaping mouth of a tree with a human face thats dripping with sticky black ichor because he was told thats where dryads live….i think i have to give two of my players stds

I have absolutely given some of my players STDs, and have threatened to do it in-game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Couldn't they just get eaten for 4d6 crushing damage I don't see why that's gotta be a sex thing for good or ill

there were a lot of things i could have done but i was trying to gross him out mostly

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
You can get STDs from mouth stuff?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

You can get STDs from mouth stuff?

I got one just from reading your post

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

buddy, they wont even let me get STDs from mouth stuff

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
planning on sticking a controller up yo rear end? wear a condom

for a good time check out my rap sheetr

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao wtf is going on.

anyway has anyone done any of the keys from the golden vault stuff wotc put out recently? its got some really neat oceans 11 style heist stuff which seems cool and i'm running one of them this weekend

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mekchu posted:

lmao wtf is going on.

anyway has anyone done any of the keys from the golden vault stuff wotc put out recently? its got some really neat oceans 11 style heist stuff which seems cool and i'm running one of them this weekend

Nice, let us know how it goes! I wouldn't mind doing a D&D heist at some point. Hopefully they're more heist-y than that Waterdeep Dragon Heist campaign, that I've read about :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah its like the candlekeep mysteries or radiant citadel books that is just "here's a premise and setup for a side or one-shot adventure" kinda thing.

first one you break into a museum to steal a cthulhu style monster egg.

really recommend taking a look!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new movie is about heists I guess they want to run some synergy with it

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Savage Rifts was wild today.

Our sniper got mind controlled, threw himself off a cliff, and shot himself in the head mid-air .

Our Dragon got hit with a few salvos of AP rockets, then blown up by a mage and his regeneration backfired knocking him unconscious.

Me, the combat cyborg got to cut down two coalition mechs, and I accepted an offer on my house. Good day for tabletop, and in general

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vadun posted:

Savage Rifts was wild today.

Our sniper got mind controlled, threw himself off a cliff, and shot himself in the head mid-air .

Our Dragon got hit with a few salvos of AP rockets, then blown up by a mage and his regeneration backfired knocking him unconscious.

Me, the combat cyborg got to cut down two coalition mechs, and I accepted an offer on my house. Good day for tabletop, and in general

yep. one of my players got killed tonight when they went to fight an ancient void dragon while the rest of the party was sleeping

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

scary ghost dog posted:

yep. one of my players got killed tonight when they went to fight an ancient void dragon while the rest of the party was sleeping

the early bird gets the wyrm

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

scary ghost dog posted:

What's the story there? Just a really bad decision?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Leraika posted:

Yeah, since drat that sounds like poor decision-making, on their part! :D

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Leraika posted:

its complicated but she thought she was rescuing it….for the record i neither encouraged nor discouraged that line of thinking

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
tabletop gamers always think theyre immortal, until they die. which sometimes happens because of a dragons breath weapon that does 24d12 damage,

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

its complicated but she thought she was rescuing it….for the record i neither encouraged nor discouraged that line of thinking

oops

scary ghost dog posted:

tabletop gamers always think theyre immortal, until they die. which sometimes happens because of a dragons breath weapon that does 24d12 damage,

oops

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

the early bird gets the wyrm

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

This is true. But in my current D&D campaign (as a player) I do this because I am immortal*. :colbert: This has led to such scenarios as me fighting a giant Roc, being scooped up by it and then transforming into a giant constrictor snake to grapple it mid-flight, in order to force a crash-landing. :D

*Well, I've made a definitely consequence-free bargain with some entity in Curse of Strahd, which grants me a few respawns, basically. I highly expect there to be a massive catch at the end, unless I can get out of Barovia without needing my last life. Or...just regardless :v:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I kind of want that mork borg spinoff that's just extreme fishing

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Is it one of those fishblade games or did they just decide to do an extreme fishing game for the hell of it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Leraika posted:

Is it one of those fishblade games or did they just decide to do an extreme fishing game for the hell of it?

https://kumada1.itch.io/fisk-borg

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

d26 fonts with d8 italicized words per line oriented d360 degrees around the page. The Mork borg experience

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The leviathan looms over you, with bloody hearts for eyes and a deer skull for a heart. Crack open your liquid death and roll for initiative

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

d26 fonts with d8 italicized words per line oriented d360 degrees around the page. The Mork borg experience

mbt posted:

The leviathan looms over you, with bloody hearts for eyes and a deer skull for a heart. Crack open your liquid death and roll for initiative

lmfao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

mbt posted:

*hooking my worm* this is the last creek you're haunting motherfucker

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

If I have to play Mutants & Masterminds solo and DM for myself, I will. Man that game is so cool to my dorky self.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

*hooking my worm* this is the last creek you're haunting motherfucker

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

everyone gonna be weeping tears of blood when they get a load of my bouillabaisse tonight, I swear it before the manticore

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the golden vault stuff went well, did the first two heists in the book which were fun and there was a lot of shenanigans and some rules hacks i threw in (there was a chase mechanic i used to make the ending of the first heist more interesting/engaging rather than "and you walked through the exit and were fine")

recommend the book if you can get it. they put one of the heists, prisoner 13, out for free on dndbeyond if you use that.

unrelated but has anyone ever used/played the mork borg ttrpg?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Yeah I've run a few Mork Borg games. The rules are pretty basic but set out to do what they mean to, the book and art style really gets people in the mood to play that type of game.

My favorite session was when I ran A Wizard (https://ripleyc.itch.io/a-wizard) in Mork Borg. Took slight editing for the way the armor system works but you can honestly just handwave it. The adventure in the back of the book is real good too, Rot Black Sludge

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah the art style and rules lite nature drew me in.

i've been thinking of running the morkal komborg stuff i found on drivethrurpg as a playbypost thread in like epa or punchsport pagoda (since there's mma ppl there who'd probably dig the mortal kombat aspect since that's so intertwined in early mma culture)

ive not tried it or played it yet myself so want to experiment with solo play (i saw there's a few solo books)

this is the mortal kombat mork borg pdf i found - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/411806/Morkal-Komborg-A-Tournament-of-Death-for-MORK-BORG?filters=100215_0_0_0_0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Vadun posted:

Yeah I've run a few Mork Borg games. The rules are pretty basic but set out to do what they mean to, the book and art style really gets people in the mood to play that type of game.

My favorite session was when I ran A Wizard (https://ripleyc.itch.io/a-wizard) in Mork Borg. Took slight editing for the way the armor system works but you can honestly just handwave it. The adventure in the back of the book is real good too, Rot Black Sludge

This sounds cool

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mekchu posted:

yeah the art style and rules lite nature drew me in.

i've been thinking of running the morkal komborg stuff i found on drivethrurpg as a playbypost thread in like epa or punchsport pagoda (since there's mma ppl there who'd probably dig the mortal kombat aspect since that's so intertwined in early mma culture)

ive not tried it or played it yet myself so want to experiment with solo play (i saw there's a few solo books)

this is the mortal kombat mork borg pdf i found - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/411806/Morkal-Komborg-A-Tournament-of-Death-for-MORK-BORG?filters=100215_0_0_0_0

I haven't played Mork Borg, but have a few of the Mork Borg compatible skirmish games the guy who made Forbidden Psalm has written - Dread Nights (vampire hunting), Kill Sample Process (cyberpunk), and Mork Boll (Bloodbowl). I haven't played them much, but the rules are all pretty simple, each tweaked just enough for making it feels more like the genre the game is for, and all have solo and co-op built in (Except for Mork Boll).

They're all compatible with each other, too, so I might just go ahead and get Forbidden Psalm, The Last War, and the expansions, just for more scenarios.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mork borg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cthulu Carl posted:

I haven't played Mork Borg, but have a few of the Mork Borg compatible skirmish games the guy who made Forbidden Psalm has written - Dread Nights (vampire hunting), Kill Sample Process (cyberpunk), and Mork Boll (Bloodbowl). I haven't played them much, but the rules are all pretty simple, each tweaked just enough for making it feels more like the genre the game is for, and all have solo and co-op built in (Except for Mork Boll).

They're all compatible with each other, too, so I might just go ahead and get Forbidden Psalm, The Last War, and the expansions, just for more scenarios.

cool. think im gonna go through with the idea i had of running that mortal kombat mork borg thing in EPA (sort of like what swizzer is doing with something awful wrestling)