Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

moist turtleneck posted:

lol that Tesla keeps slashing prices on cars in a time when all car prices are going up

Good fundamentals

they know they have to capture consumers now because all of the other OEMs are putting out BEVs either right now or in the next 2 years. A bolt is still a better deal in every way than a model 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Is Tesla even updating by model year like other carmakers? Are they doing any development or refinements on their current models?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is Tesla even updating by model year like other carmakers? Are they doing any development or refinements on their current models?

afaik they don't do discrete model years but do teeny tiny little iterations on their models over time so that two cars bought in the same year might be built differently in subtle or even big ways

the driver experience remains largely untouched (which is why the S is so outdated lmao) but maybe your tesla has 420 different types of connector holding together the needlessly complicated wheel well assembly while mine only has 69

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

moist turtleneck posted:

lol that Tesla keeps slashing prices on cars in a time when all car prices are going up

Good fundamentals

Sounds like a big win for consumers. Elon Musk ftw.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

imagine paying $1.7mil for a house in central PA

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

I won't and you can't make me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

i'm imagining it

Ahhh!! AHHH!!! too spooky! no!!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grimey Drawer
i tried but i couldn't imagine more than like $5000 and there was no house i was just in like a cold empty corridor

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Rudeboy Detective posted:

afaik they don't do discrete model years but do teeny tiny little iterations on their models over time so that two cars bought in the same year might be built differently in subtle or even big ways

the driver experience remains largely untouched (which is why the S is so outdated lmao) but maybe your tesla has 420 different types of connector holding together the needlessly complicated wheel well assembly while mine only has 69

They do have discrete model years- they just haven't fundamentally changed their body design in a decade (body revisions usually happen every 5 years or so)- the only thing changing is the interior.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Poco posted:

They do have discrete model years- they just haven't fundamentally changed their body design in a decade (body revisions usually happen every 5 years or so)- the only thing changing is the interior.

Some cars have wood trim from Home Dept holding engine parts in place, others have plastic trim. Tesla recognizes that what consumers really want is variety.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize all Teslas have the tablet just bolted to the dash. I thought it was just like that in the cybertruck because it's vaporware that's never going to be built.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I bet that makes them easy to repair in the rare instance they break.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Spergin Morlock posted:

I bet it was a pretty bitching house tho

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this was a funny article about the tesla tablets and how they saved money by using tablets that weren't made for handling heat, cold, vibrations, etc

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27989/teslas-screen-saga-shows-why-automotive-grade-matters

quote:

Tesla's decision to use a large display that wasn't tested to higher automotive grade standards had fairly predictable results. First the Model S and X screens were plagued by a bizarre problem that was clearly caused by thermal issues: bubbles would form on the sides of the displays and eventually leak a gooey adhesive material into the car's interior. Tesla appeared to mostly fix this problem with its "cabin overheat protection" feature (which it sold as being to protect dogs and children, despite the fact that it held the temperature at +40C which is about the temperature where a child's organs will start shutting down) as well as revisions to the Innolux panel. Intriguingly, a blog post at Mentor Graphics suggests that Innolux was struggling with thermal management on a screen for an unspecified "high end automobile," ultimately concluding that "defining the boundary conditions for Innolux’s system is the responsibility of their customer, not Innolux."

This was followed by another problem with Model S and X screens, which seems to have been even more widespread: the infamous "yellow banding" problem. This was similar to problems found on a number of touchscreen devices, from iPhones to Microsoft Surfaces, and it too seems to be the result of high thermal loads. Though "only" a cosmetic issue, many owners report having had Tesla replace their screens (in some cases multiple times) to address the problem. Ultimately, around the end of 2018 Tesla stopped replacing screens and told owners it was developing its own solution in-house, saying the new screen units would be available in the Summer of 2019.

As early as April 19th, 2019, Tesla owners began to report that new screens were available and that replacement appointments could be scheduled. At least two pro-Tesla Youtubers did receive the new replacement screen, but another owner posted an invoice that suggested the new unit was simply remanufactured. Then, this Friday reports started coming in stating that Tesla had suddenly changed its mind and that yellowing screens would not be replaced for free (a recent rumor suggests that Tesla is discontinuing all "goodwill repairs"). The first owner to report this has a five-month-old car with the yellowing screen, and has already endured a series of hair-raising service issues, and at least two others had an appointment to replace his screen canceled unceremoniously.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

moist turtleneck posted:

this was a funny article about the tesla tablets and how they saved money by using tablets that weren't made for handling heat, cold, vibrations, etc

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27989/teslas-screen-saga-shows-why-automotive-grade-matters

lol

quote:

Tesla appeared to mostly fix this problem with its "cabin overheat protection" feature (which it sold as being to protect dogs and children, despite the fact that it held the temperature at +40C which is about the temperature where a child's organs will start shutting down)

working as designed

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/thetrendzmall/status/1648621105970819072?s=20

the insane ads due to no legitimate advertisers have gotten better imo

LGD has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Apr 19, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Any other car manufacturer would be blacklisted by a normal person if the dashboard started to cook from heat a car typically experiences but Tesla freaks clap and cheer because Musk puts le epic fart sounds in their burning tablet screens

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I'd buy the poo poo out of that gizmo, where do I click?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Just a Moron posted:

I'd buy the poo poo out of that gizmo, where do I click?
just tell your assistant to buy it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just saw this on twitter. Thought it would be appropriate
https://twitter.com/geocitiesgifbot/status/1648719378802782208?t=5yXGkvQU0ByEvCTsSBIaLQ&s=19

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

LGD posted:

lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LGD posted:

One of the times the squirrel got ejected some seeds fell out of the tube. I think that might just encourage the squirrel to keep it up

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

You should nsfw tag this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

goth smoking cloves posted:

You should nsfw tag this

Lol it is a cartoon cat dancing

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

Scaling this up for seating for my new fitness branded ice cream joint

JosephSkunk has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Apr 19, 2023

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

One of the times the squirrel got ejected some seeds fell out of the tube. I think that might just encourage the squirrel to keep it up

I will confess to some doubts of my own re: the efficacy of the squirrel flinger 2000, and have personally found a regular squirrel baffle perfectly suitable once you've got a sufficiently long pole + take surrounding plants into account

otoh that cat in the second clip looked very entertained, so who can say?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Spergin Morlock posted:

I closed my eyes but all I'm seeing is a cube, rotating

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
anything funny happen

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

a squirrel got thrown off a bird feeder

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

get PFC in here and you won't have to imagine

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
On iOS the app is now randomly telling me I have a notification when I don’t. On desktop, it’ll flicker whenever I open a browser window.
awesome, time to start another company

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1648737368982028293

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

luv 2 watch these two guys discuss women's reproductive freedom

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
*has a child with a woman I am secretly in an affair with* I am saving the white population.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

*has a child with a woman I am secretly in an affair with* I am saving the white population.

thats right

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
elon musk is passing on his powerful blobfish looking rear end genes and everyone is jealous

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The most "deserved it" story on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk