Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

Current brawl is literally just you auto win if you have pogo hopper.

Yeah. My opponent was a Druid playing Pirahna Swarmers. He did not win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Is it the usual one? The Mage card that freezes destroys the pogo hopper deck.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Mayveena posted:

Pick one card, get 22 copies and 8 random class cards.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Wtf I just got disconnected from battle.net and now apparently there is an 11 min queue to get in?

fuckers I was 30 mins into a thief priest mirror match I was having fun…

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

The Lord Bude posted:

Wtf I just got disconnected from battle.net and now apparently there is an 11 min queue to get in?

fuckers I was 30 mins into a thief priest mirror match I was having fun…

This happened to me a couple of days ago while I was in an Arena game, sudden disconnect and then a 3min queue, then the b.net app crashed and when I relaunched there was a 20+ min queue.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The servers are strained by the sheer number of Blood DK and Control Priest matches/mirrors

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mayveena posted:

yeah Varden Dawngrasp is autowin

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

This is the third DDOS attack they've had this month. I guess someone figured out how to screw up their servers again. Been a long time since a DDOS has gotten through to Blizz servers.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Oh so it’s not just the mobile app being even more flaky than usual? Seems like if I sneeze too loudly the app crashes.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Nybble posted:

Oh so it’s not just the mobile app being even more flaky than usual? Seems like if I sneeze too loudly the app crashes.

Naw, they announced a DDoS attack on their CS Twitter

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Talk about your favorite ways past and present to exploit bugs in the client/game to exploit the REAL meta:

A few years ago Zephrys would crash games. I built an Elemental Shaman around that cause Desktop reboots faster than Mobile.

For a brief and wonderful time Brann + Nellie would crash only your opponents game.

Sometimes for ??? reasons an all Gold/Diamond deck will crash another all Gold/Diamond deck, and if you're on Desktop you reboot faster.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Managed to get on and got my pack. Went with mage and babbling book as my one card. Turns it into one of the summon minion/get random spell brawls.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### Beasty Boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (10) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQTnuQSwkwXT+AUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEvOMEwO0EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mcbexx posted:

Twitch Prime just dropped three standard packs into my lap, so you might want to check your prime loot page.

No, those were not drops from the SolaryHS tournament on the weekend.

Don't forget that this is also the last day to claim your ~Free Epic~ card, too.

Kind of a rip, since in expansions past it was a free Legendary.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Handbuff DK isn't the best deck, but hitting your opponent with a 30 attack freebird is just :discourse:

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I didn't play the previous expansion so The Scourge on T3 out of Jackpot Rogue is a new thing for me, and also the best thing this game has to offer. You can even Shadowstep the "lose in three turns" guy if you need to, which you usually don't.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Why do you keep doing this, T5? Why? Just… why.

(Anub/Tony/Jailer, so another new flavour of dumbfuckery, yet again in the Class that can survive to play it and ramp and Tutor to get it going)

It’s not good enough to be competitive, so all you’re really doing is saying ‘We’ve made an option which just guarantees a poo poo game for one of the players, and all that changes is which player it’s going to be poo poo for’.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Well I think I'll call the Arena experiment over. 12 runs with a total of 11 wins across all of them. Never had more than 2 wins in a single run, and 3 runs with no wins at all. Won 0 out 8 games against Death Knights, 3 out of 10 against Mages and 3 out of 9 against Shamans. Hopefully Standard has some fun decks to play because otherwise I might be done with this for good. It's been 8.5 years, surely there's something better to do with my time...

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I'm a super casual player, like maybe one night a week for an hour or two, and focus on my favorite class which is Paladin. Managed to squeeze out a decent Pure Paladin deck with gold/dust I had and I'm just rolling over everything, it's kind of insane. Had a Rogue concede on Turn 3 and friend request me immediately where he spent the next 5 minutes telling me how awful I was for "spending all my money" on a broken deck to chase wins. If a poo poo player like me can do this well then Paladin is probably getting nerfed soon, haha.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

WarMECH posted:

I'm a super casual player, like maybe one night a week for an hour or two, and focus on my favorite class which is Paladin. Managed to squeeze out a decent Pure Paladin deck with gold/dust I had and I'm just rolling over everything, it's kind of insane. Had a Rogue concede on Turn 3 and friend request me immediately where he spent the next 5 minutes telling me how awful I was for "spending all my money" on a broken deck to chase wins. If a poo poo player like me can do this well then Paladin is probably getting nerfed soon, haha.

It's a strong deck but hard to single out a problematic card. Honestly not sure it will eat a nerf unless other decks getting nerfed cause it to run rampant.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I could see Disco Maul going to 3 mana

I'm not saying it SHOULD, but I can see blizz doing it to curb paladins

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thought I would try Annoying Fan for the current brawl. Turns out so did my opponent! They conceded after 5 turns of neither of us being able to do anything.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 20, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The best card for this Brawl is Ice Block.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

WarMECH posted:

It already got a Day One nerf. What level of play are you at? I don't see Pure Paladin winning consistently against Blood DK. HS Replay is showing 48% wins by Pure Paladin against that deck.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Mayveena posted:

It already got a Day One nerf. What level of play are you at? I don't see Pure Paladin winning consistently against Blood DK. HS Replay is showing 48% wins by Pure Paladin against that deck.

I'm at Diamond 6 or something, I can't remember. Like I said I'm super casual but it's been fun so far.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, got my brawl pack and kicked around a few things to see what was effective. Now I'm just trying to play the most annoying cards and the stupidest poo poo.

ARMOR! ARMOR! LIGHTY USED ARMOR!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

lol :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Scholtz posted:

The best card for this Brawl is Ice Block.

I played Varden, hoping to run into pogo hopper and instead hit someone running Astalor. They board locked themselves pretty quickly, didn't think to kill their own minions to keep some board space. I don't know if that could have even worked for them actually.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Frost DK is absolutely disgusting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Frost DK is absolutely disgusting

It’s the one-two of blood and frost DK that’s such an issue imho. You can beat frost dk if you run removal and healing, but you end up tanking your winrate vs blood if you do so. Priest is the only class that can really stand up to both but they lose super hard to Tony Druid and relic DH since they don’t have much by way of disruption

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

Did he start playing again?

aaaaaaaand he just got banned (again)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Back to the game since this expansion's theme seems fun. I'm just sticking to good ol' Pure Paladin for now though. :v: Maybe I'll see what other deck to commit to once balance patch rolls around.

Done the Legend climb yesterday and I've been liking Knights of the Dead in my list, I think it matches up well against both Blood DK to rush them down and Frost DK to either win the board early or stop their lategame burst. Funkfins I actually haven't been very impressed by, so I just cut them to 1 copy to tutor off Purator. The fact that it's a 2/2 once the shield is down really hurts it I think.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I usually save my Funkfins until a turn I'm ready to go face to buff the existing shielded minions already on the board. I have found that having a Jitterbug out makes my opponent reluctant to remove the shields for a turn or so which gives me time to get my Maul charged up and some double buffs using Kotori Lightblade (for Quel-Thalas!)and my 6 potential attack on the board suddenly becomes 18 to 20 damage in one turn. Turn 4 or 5 wins have been quite common if the cards line up.

Feels good man.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m running Blood Crusader and Annoy o Troupe in my pure Paladin deck. Probably not “the best”, but putting the group down on turn 6 seems to cause a lot of problems for a bunch of decks

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’m still running the version of pure paladin that focuses on buffing silver hand recruits but I’m going to give the divine shield version a spin

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s the one-two of blood and frost DK that’s such an issue imho. You can beat frost dk if you run removal and healing, but you end up tanking your winrate vs blood if you do so. Priest is the only class that can really stand up to both but they lose super hard to Tony Druid and relic DH since they don’t have much by way of disruption

Priest loses to frost DK. You basically have no response to their deck until turn 5, and then you lose because it is too late. Control priest is in a pretty bad spot right now - but that has tended to be the case post-rotation ever since Hearthstone started doing rotations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Priest loses to frost DK. You basically have no response to their deck until turn 5, and then you lose because it is too late. Control priest is in a pretty bad spot right now - but that has tended to be the case post-rotation ever since Hearthstone started doing rotations.

Undead priest on the other hand according to the latest VS data is the best deck in the game vs Blood DK, and one of only 4 decks with an even matchup vs frost DK ( the other 3 being Blood DK, mech pally and chad Warlock - frost DK doesn’t have any unfavourable matchups

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m still running the version of pure paladin that focuses on buffing silver hand recruits but I’m going to give the divine shield version a spin

There are so many variations out there but this is the one I'm running because I had most of the cards already from the previous season and opening new packs, only had to craft like 3 cards to complete it.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/edOKDBaLhkMlA5sf6tPm0g/

Also a few months ago I spent some gold to get Sir Annoy-O and I think it contributes to the anger my opponent feels when they die on turn 5 to "HEEELLLOOOOOOOO!"

WarMECH fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm actually trying a slightly greedier build and not running the DS or the dudes package, since they feel a bit fragile vs DK. I'm also pushing my minion count high for the sake of Disco Maul and Grimestreet Outfitter.

### Disco Elysium
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 1x (3) Azsharan Mooncatcher
# 1x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Funkfin
# 2x (3) Knight of the Dead
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 2x (4) Jitterbug
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 1x (6) Blood Crusader
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Lightray
#
AAECAZ8FBt65BIbiBLuXBZGkBYWlBbrHBQzJoATi0wSA4gS/4gTA4gTy7QSBlgX/pAXAxAXKxAW0nga1ngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

I'm still moving things around though. The Muckborns and Knights feel good to have, especially when buffed by Outfitter, but the 1 each of Azsharan/Explorer/Funkfin might not be correct.