Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I just entered the Japanese for dog and got just dogs.

I'm not saying it understands Chinese language structure, but if you just entered the Chinese for dog there's probably photos in the data tagged dog in Chinese.

狗 which is just dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hydroceramics posted:

狗 which is just dog:

犬 is also dog.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

犬 is also dog.

Fascinating. I don't know much about Chinese, but it looks like MJ can understand simplified but not traditional.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

犬 is also dog.

My point being how people described the photos in the source data matters.

For example, if you include a # it makes results more attractive generally speaking with the same seed. Why? Probably because people post their best photos with hashtags.

It doesn't "understand" any languages.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 19, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I tried the dog laying next to a cozy fireplace again.

Romanized Chinese:

Simplified Chinese:

I get your meaning, I just thought it was an interesting experiment. Adding in some level of foreign language keywords definitely seems like it would have an impact.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

犬 is also dog.

Same seed, just added a # to the prompt now the dogs look like they have filters applied..

And this is another run for the other Chinese dog character you used. It's got dog DNA in there somewhere, for lack of a better description

I bet a native speaker would have a better understanding of how the words are used differently in common use, like how we have the word doctor and physician. Both might mean your MD, but one might mean mathematician.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 19, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
"a beautiful mountain sunrise, 漂亮" (漂亮 means beautiful)

"A beautiful mountain sunrise"

Seems like there's an impact.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I mean, there's an impact when you add a keysmash. Question is if it's consistent

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I guess it might be an issue where the tokenizer doesn't know how to split up a chinese sentence, so it tries to make sense of the whole prompt as a single word. Which is also why single character prompts work, tags are probably pretty short

you'd probably have the same issue with german compound words that are rare or just invented

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SteierMisha/status/1648372269687930880

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
A person:

A person, 漂亮:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cabbages and Kings posted:

gently caress y'all I feel old.

All this talk of images and memes made me want to go check in on some of the classic memes I remember from early in my career, and god drat the sands of time hath not always been kind.

lol yes I very much realize that, I've spent most of my career as a cog in the growing panopticon, it was intended as doomer snark, nothing more.

it's "sealing", like "sealing wax". But I will do whatever you would like with a 4090 if you give me a source image and very precise A-B-C steps, because my brain is fried from mode switching programming languages lately and in my free time I've been acting like a thorazine patient.

These are pretty good. I wonder when we'll get an AI thread like the Photoshop threads, this would make a decent topic.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Apparently emoji are usable in prompts too.

Some are banned. (Eggplant 🍆) Some Japanese words I used were banned too.

The last one is
/imagine prompt:🐢💋🤷‍♂️🍌🧂💗👻🫰🔥

The others are just banana emoji and just ghost emoji

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 19, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

pixaal posted:

they're gonna ban you for weed scrolling I thought it was a day early! oohhhh I do need to make Stable Diffusion bongs tomorrow don't I?

4/20 is a notably better internet day than 4/1 even if you hate weed (and who does??)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

quote:

It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
'By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,

quote:

Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

quote:

The Bridegroom's doors are opened wide,
And I am next of kin;

yes yes yes and so on and so forth, eventually we'd get to

quote:

Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.

"Yea" must put in some heavy work; these guys were all so happy! But if the prompt is

quote:

And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

that's more of the laudanum nightmare fuel I was imagining.

I wonder what Samuel Taylor Coleridge would think of imagegen. I wonder what he'd prompt it with.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 19, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

this was prompted with the entire text of Jabberwocky

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think prompts covered here are

"toilet god by yoshitaka amano"

"In space nobody can see your drip"

Some emojis

Bepis

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

[quote]a closeup photograph of bepis, bepisscape background, extremely detailed, vivid colors[quote]

The bottom is SD2.1, the top 2 are 1.5 and a mashup of 1.5 ckpts; 2.1 gives me a lot of bean-looking things from this prompt and clearly has very different ideas about it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i want to start doing daily themes more often ITT

to that end i have decided that today shall be THEME PARKS. let's see em

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Lol. In my case I literally just entered "bepis" into MJ and that was one of the results.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not sure what's going on in this first ride

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not sure what's going on in this first ride

Too late in the day for me to get SD running but I'll play with Bing

okay how do these rails work for this coaster? I'm pretty sure this is a collision.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Man, this is tougher than I anticipated. I haven't found a good hook for retheming the park.

Instead, have a look at universe 3611 where Disney is controlled by piss fetishists.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
Theme parks:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

THEME PARKS.

Do you want to ride the log flume?

Maybe some time on a traditional roller coaster.

Stop in for some snacks to refuel

Take a relaxing trip through the tunnel of love on a swan boat

A little time in the bumper cars?

Some time on the merry-go-round

And a little time in the spinning teacups with a quick drink

Finally, strap in for a slingshot ride

Maybe stopping for more snacks wasn't such a great idea between all the spinning rides.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So, where are we regarding AI works being copyright protected or considered intellectual property?

Some chucklefuck took one of my AI images off DeviantArt (yeah yeah, I know), and listed it as an NFT on OpenSea.

Now, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to sell it in the first place, but just for shits and giggles and because it's a lovely thing to do on his part, I am tempted to submit a DCMA claim and take it down. But I guess if AI images are not protected or considered "intellectual property", I can just save me and some poor clerk the trouble. The report tool states that "You cannot report NFTs that do not violate your IP."

To be clear, I have been contacted by other users for permission to use my "work" for remixes, modifications or whatever and I happily grant permission in exchange for a shoutout. But nabbing poo poo and trying to sell off a verbatim 1:1 copy - as an NFT, even :lol: - is where I draw the line, however small the stakes. That poo poo should not fly.

Also I don't know if there's ever a "buyer", whether they could come after my original and start to take down my images or even pursue legal action, so lenience would be a slippery slope. The net is weird like that, I guess.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 19, 2023

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

So, where are we regarding AI works being copyright protected or considered intellectual property?

Some chucklefuck took one of my AI images off DeviantArt (yeah yeah, I know), and listed it as an NFT on OpenSea.

Now, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to sell it in the first place, but just for shits and giggles and because it's a lovely thing to do on his part, I am tempted to submit a DCMA claim and take it down. But I guess if AI images are not protected or considered "intellectual property", I can just save me and some poor clerk the trouble. The report tool states that "You cannot report NFTs that do not violate your IP."

To be clear, I have been contacted by other users for permission to use my "work" for remixes, modifications or whatever and I happily grant permission in exchange for a shoutout. But nabbing poo poo and trying to sell off a verbatim 1:1 copy - as an NFT, even :lol: - is where I draw the line, however small the stakes. That poo poo should not fly.

Also I don't know if there's ever a "buyer", whether they could come after my original and start to take down my images or even pursue legal action, so lenience would be a slippery slope. The net is weird like that, I guess.

This is the worst theme park I've ever seen. 2/7

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I'm trying to figure out how sampling steps and cfg scale both actually work, so here is a haunted roller coaster, and a Martian roller coaster. It didn't help I still don't understand how I want to select values for each, but now I have these.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
How about Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Xanadu Theme Park?

The River Alph Log Flume

Sunless Sea Roller Coaster

Stately Pleasure Dome Arcade

The Gentleman from Porlock Mascot

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 19, 2023

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

mcbexx posted:

It’s your property if you modified it and have proof

this is not legal advice

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it hasnt been litigated yet (current litigation is not finished yet), there is no legal advice to give yet

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

This is the worst theme park I've ever seen. 2/7

Oh wait, I have some "Derelict Disney World" images somewhere on my disk.
Better?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

Oh wait, I have some "Derelict Disney World" images somewhere on my disk.
Better?

Those are actually rad AF, thanks!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

You should sue him and let the courts decide!

Better yet buy the nft then do a charge back listing it as stolen property

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"become the legal advice" as legal advice lol

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

More experimentation with /describe and --chaos

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it hasnt been litigated yet (current litigation is not finished yet), there is no legal advice to give yet

technically the copyright office in the US said "it's yours if you did work on it, it's not if you put a prompt in and hit generate" basically.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
admin decisions are sometimes rock solid and sometimes barely worth wiping your rear end with. common law means litigation is the main thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just popping to say I appreciate this thread because I'm trying to find/connect with AI stuff on social media and it seems like most or at least a lot of those people are sucking Elon Musk's dick and are all about NFTs and related bullshit, so this thread is refreshing. I just wanna make cool pix

Uhh... Clive Barker themed theme park I guess.