Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

pentyne posted:

calling him lyin leon is just as dumb as the poo poo he was doing we don't need to give cutesy nicknames to every forum loser

who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pentyne posted:

calling him lyin leon is just as dumb as the poo poo he was doing we don't need to give cutesy nicknames to every forum loser

I dunno there is something satisfying about a smug moron with claims to higher intelligence being permanently labeled as a liar. at least until we get rid of them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

vyelkin posted:

This is from ages back since this thread moves so fast but I want to clear it up: this is not true. Leon was never asked to be an admin. He made that up to troll one of his posting rivals.

edit: this got quoted a bunch of times already but I realized I shouldn't speculate about the motives behind it. I know he made it up but I shouldn't have said it was to troll a posting rival because I don't know that for certain.

Lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

About a year ago I called out lyin' leon in dnd for gaslighting me, trad. charles boyer meaning as in "this bitch be crazy" but couched in leon language.

A dnd mod proactively reached out to me & asked for proof of my contention, which I spent a while compiling, and then the mod's response was

And after I gave my blessing that dnd mod shared it with the rest of the dnd mods who then decided to appoint leon as a fellow mod, lol.

Lmao. This owns. The forums own. Goons ftw

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

willa earned this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if the last few days are any indication, a simpler solution would be to simply stop putting people from D&D in positions of power

No poo poo. That’s been made pretty drat clear lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

[

Willa Rogers posted:

About a year ago I called out lyin' leon in dnd for gaslighting me, trad. charles boyer meaning as in "this bitch be crazy" but couched in leon language.

A dnd mod proactively reached out to me & asked for proof of my contention, which I spent a while compiling, and then the mod's response was

And after I gave my blessing that dnd mod shared it with the rest of the dnd mods who then decided to appoint leon as a fellow mod, lol.

this is the most d&d story I think I've ever heard

also

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if the last few days are any indication, a simpler solution would be to simply stop putting people from D&D in positions of power

especially uspol, but yeah this

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I don't think we should come up with weird cutesy nicknames for people who gently caress up, because that comes across as a reward and encourages gigantic weirdos to deliberately gently caress up so that they get a cool nickname, and gently caress if I want someone like nom epique to pursue becoming a SA Legends Superstar

In this case, I'm okay with an exception because

Grassy Knowles posted:

willa earned this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Guys…. Chill

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Guys…. Chill

I an chill!

You are the one who’s not chill.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wots a good VPN to use

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol jeffrey getting arrested for crypto money laundering and he has to manage the forum from outside prison like a mob boss while sleeping in solitary

jeff being SBF would be extremely ftw

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dongicus posted:

wots a good VPN

what do you want it for?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Guys…. Chill

all good here, no worries

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Willa's a boomer, she's allowed to be cringe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dongicus posted:

wots a good VPN to use

The cheapest one you can find.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

Guys…. Chill

:cheers:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Grassy Knowles posted:

what do you want it for?

torrents/watching american stuff/general privacy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Dongicus posted:

torrents/watching american stuff

MarcusSA posted:

The cheapest one you can find.

but don't assume you're getting any

Dongicus posted:

/general privacy

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ah, all right. so there isn't a Good One. cheers.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Re: TobleroneTriangular, didn't he retire from the gimmick once he noticed himself legitimately starting to have libertarian beliefs and reactions to things and hit the eject button, or was that some other legend?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
iron crowned taking lasagna to the strip club for the strippers to eat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I use Mullvad OP but it's mostly to watch sports streams that are geoblocked here and not for like privacy or whatever.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*trying to shout over "poison" by alice cooper* ITS GOT RICOTTA AND SAUSAGE IN IT MY CAT LOVED IT

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Sadly the lasagna story was never covered in the local newspaper so there's no proof it happened

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Raining fetti? no, raining feta

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is such a buckwild thing to say completely out of nowhere, it's so good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmaoo

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dongicus posted:

ah, all right. so there isn't a Good One. cheers.

Wasn’t there a time when the forums had a NordVPN sponsorship?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

That time is now

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lowtax. An admin, at SomethingAwful. He tormented his subjects. He made them angry. They cried out aloud, send us a companion for our king. Spare us from his madness! Schmorky, the babyfur.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Re: TobleroneTriangular, didn't he retire from the gimmick once he noticed himself legitimately starting to have libertarian beliefs and reactions to things and hit the eject button, or was that some other legend?

Yeah, that was him. He had D&D/LF mostly convinced for nearly a year before he stepped back because he spent so much time figuring out how to respond to things 'in character' that it was starting to be his first reaction to everything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Still does afaik Jeff said he got a nice fat check from them when he took over and started cleaning things up.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, that was him. He had D&D/LF mostly convinced for nearly a year before he stepped back because he spent so much time figuring out how to respond to things 'in character' that it was starting to be his first reaction to everything.

that's a level of self awareness that has clearly vanished from these forums over the years

MarcusSA posted:

Still does afaik Jeff said he got a nice fat check from them when he took over and started cleaning things up.

i have nordvpn from a thread in Coupons and Deals a while ago and it's been so nice as a service I've kept it for years since

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

HonorableTB posted:

that's a level of self awareness that has clearly vanished from these forums over the years

the self awareness leads to vanishing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

it still does, but NordVPN still ain't gonna do poo poo for you for privacy if the cops give enough of a poo poo to get a warrant

great for torrents tho, I hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

TheMightyBoops posted:

yes but there was something realyl funny and stupid about it that i can't quite remember. something like he wasnt even making money off it or something? idk