Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Everyone, please say hello to my large adult son. He will be deciding your salaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Just off camera, a little melton Mowbray pork pie

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Mum says it's my turn on the big dial taht says racism on it"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Starmer update: my mum, who has before now gone to great lengths to excuse him, has started derisively calling him Keith

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a blemmyes but with wes streetings face on it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is :allears:

https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1648769298519711768

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
wes is a midget too? why is everyone a midget all of a sudden?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
apparently morgan wasn't overseeing that specific phonehacking but tbh he's a oval office so i don't care if it's true or not because nobody smeared by his newspapers ever got that benefit of the doubt

have a feeling that lad is probably gonna be hosed in court though

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Nuclear Spoon posted:

apparently morgan wasn't overseeing that specific phonehacking but tbh he's a oval office so i don't care if it's true or not because nobody smeared by his newspapers ever got that benefit of the doubt

have a feeling that lad is probably gonna be hosed in court though

happy to issue a correction and acknowledge that mr morgan was merely a regular phone hacker who was friends and colleagues with every single person that disrupted child murder enquiries etc

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wouldn't it be slander if spoken, as opposed to written about (e.g. in a poo poo rag run by someone who got sued once a month at least for writing poo poo)?

You'd think at least one person there would know the difference.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the wee lad never specified which murdered children so for all we know he could be right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also he spoke in generic, "is this what happens to journalism when you're [which could be taken as journalists in general] not hacking..." which is hard to prove as slander against an individual.

Like if I said to a Southern Baptist preacher "so are you only homophobic when you're not fiddling kids?" That could clearly refer to scandals about the collective group.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

Wouldn't it be slander if spoken, as opposed to written about (e.g. in a poo poo rag run by someone who got sued once a month at least for writing poo poo)?

You'd think at least one person there would know the difference.

It's been a while since I studied this area of law, but the normal distinction was slander is spoken and libel is written.
However, there was an exception for TV broadcast even Live ones that it counted as Libel on the basis that all TV programmes had a script, even if it was just a script that said "we put people on TV. Ask them questions about these topics."

Not that it matters as it's all just the one area of Law (Defamation.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the whole 'permanence' thing has become a big mess with modern technology.

It's obvious that 200 years ago me hiring a printing press to produce a thousand pamphlets saying "Palmerston is a nonce and a dog molester" would have been more permanent in both intent and effect than me saying so offhand in a pub, but what is a tweet? Isn't that more an offhand comment than a deliberate effort? Or forums that allow both obvious effortposts and stupid shitposts?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the gently caress are those and why do i recognise them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dabir posted:

What the gently caress are those and why do i recognise them

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, square sweets that look 'round.

In the new woke edition they're probably trans

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're the square candies that look around.

Except in Keith's cabinet, where they're careful not to look around too much.

e: ^^ they are biologically square!!! :byodood:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This just in:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah good, the part of the news cycle where I have to check everything to see if it's a parody again.

Greggle greggle.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I do remember when the riots happened in London yonks ago, my local Greggs was set on fire.

Now apparently if we leave them open late at night, the stale sausage rolls will become like gremlins and sweep out into the city of london, causing chaos and dismay.

Its just racism and classism isn't it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the punctuation suggests that the only part of that headline which is actually sourced from the police is the word 'crime'

somebody asked the police a question and the police responded with simply 'crime'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The worst magic mirror.

Mirror mirror, on the wall...
'crime'

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The two faces of the Labour Right, dead behind the eyes and motivated purely by greed, and Perverted goblin child.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he came from a council estate, dontcha know

lord knows he doesn’t mention it all the time

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

smellmycheese posted:

This just in:

Newcastle set up a military field hospital around Grey's monument to deal with the expected incapacitated, sausaged geordies carpeting the streets. Chester city council used emergency powers to shutter the town for the whole first weekend, afraid that unlimited pork pastries would drive the punters into paroxysms of violence. It was too far, the talking heads said. People couldn't be trusted. Not people like you and I who might once have nibbled a Higgidy at a picnic. The real rollheads. The ones that wouldn't stop their gobble but for kicking out time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

This just in:

breaking news: pigs dislike sausages

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
'crime' is in inverted commas because it is the police who will be committing it, and we all know that the Met don't really consider what police officers do to be 'crime' until they're caught doing it

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Vulnerability assessments in homeless applications are pretty notorious for some of the most horrific local government sociopathy you'll ever see. This isn't even the worst I've ever seen. (They used to be even worse pre-2015 before a Supreme Court ruling lowered the legal threshold somewhat; that one involved a man with an IQ of 47 and a history of PTSD and self-harm basically being told by the council he was fine because his brother could look after him on the streets.)

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Here, my GP clinic wants two forms of ID for me to request my medical records but I only have a driver's licence and no passport. I'm struggling to think what the hell else I could bring along that would be accepted.

Anyone else done something similar recently? What else is generally accepted?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

haven't they told you what's acceptable to bring?

it's usually at least one form of ID that has your photo on (so driving licence works), and then maybe one form of ID that demonstrates you live where you say you do (e.g. paper bank statement, council tax letter). the DBS requirements are a reasonably decent checklist but it really oughta be your gp clinic telling you what they want to see and whether they're cool with PDF versions of bank statements etc

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rookoo posted:

Here, my GP clinic wants two forms of ID for me to request my medical records but I only have a driver's licence and no passport. I'm struggling to think what the hell else I could bring along that would be accepted.

Anyone else done something similar recently? What else is generally accepted?

Birth Certificate?

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Oh yeah, right enough. I'll take along my birth cert and a utility bill for good measure then, cheers.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1648929492763815936

:(

e: lol, it's nice to see Keith being fact checked there

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 20, 2023

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1648929492763815936

:(

e: lol, it's nice to see Keith being fact checked there

This just reveals what a left-wing loon Keith is. Councils being able to control the NHS = councils control the state = a council republic = Soviet system of government.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Still looking at them tittys in 2023

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1648818655340163073?t=xE3PZK5fC-YBVRhh5dw6qA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Let's see how the 'Starmer can chair a meeting' guy is doing, shall we?

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1648981776608395265?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 20, 2023