Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sounds like Master Caiatl is no longer dropping spiky armor and Grasp of Avarice may be the new go-to, which is unfortunate, cause GoA was the dungeon last week and won't be back for like a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

MJeff posted:

Sounds like Master Caiatl is no longer dropping spiky armor and Grasp of Avarice may be the new go-to, which is unfortunate, cause GoA was the dungeon last week and won't be back for like a month.

I had a feeling this would be the case; earlier on in the season folks who were cheesing Duality noted that the armor drops were underwhelming. What is your source for Grasp armor being better? I hope it checks out, because it would stink if all artifice armor was dropping mid-rolls.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Forward_Bee posted:

I had a feeling this would be the case; earlier on in the season folks who were cheesing Duality noted that the armor drops were underwhelming. What is your source for Grasp armor being better? I hope it checks out, because it would stink if all artifice armor was dropping mid-rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_ozQS_PC4

Secondhand, but apparently CammyCakes was grinding GoA last week and got good spiky rolls.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It would be Peak bungie for them to decide artifice armor needs to have lower base stats, so that it's not just objectively better than regular armor

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It would be Peak bungie for them to decide artifice armor needs to have lower base stats, so that it's not just objectively better than regular armor

unironically do this for adept trials guns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Artifice armor has already been nerfed once (it used to give an extra generic mod slot instead of a small stat bonus) so they might be willing to do it again

Certainly they'd want to get rid of the perception that once you have artifice armor, that slot is done and non-artifice drops are worthless

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Non-artifice drops ARE worthless

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Artifice armor has already been nerfed once (it used to give an extra generic mod slot instead of a small stat bonus) so they might be willing to do it again

Certainly they'd want to get rid of the perception that once you have artifice armor, that slot is done and non-artifice drops are worthless

That's....not really what happened. It gave you an extra slot for an Artifact mod, but now Artifact mods are passive, so an extra slot for them would be meaningless. Previous Artifice Armor was pretty situational in a world where artifact mods usually cost so much energy, you couldn't do much with an extra slot anyway./

If it gave you an extra generic slot now, of course, with the way the artifact mods can reduce costs of mods, it would be unbelievably overpowered and WOULD make all non-artifice armor drops completely useless. As it is now, super spiky high-stat normal armor can at least theoretically compete.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Non-artifice drops ARE worthless

not feeling this post tbh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MJeff posted:

That's....not really what happened. It gave you an extra slot for an Artifact mod, but now Artifact mods are passive, so an extra slot for them would be meaningless. Previous Artifice Armor was pretty situational in a world where artifact mods usually cost so much energy, you couldn't do much with an extra slot anyway./

If it gave you an extra generic slot now, of course, with the way the artifact mods can reduce costs of mods, it would be unbelievably overpowered and WOULD make all non-artifice armor drops completely useless. As it is now, super spiky high-stat normal armor can at least theoretically compete.

Running all 3 anti-champion mods was worth it, but yeah, they've changed a lot since then

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Artifice Armor sunsetting when? Another thing that doesn’t fit at all how they redesigned the game this time but that they can’t just delete so it’s going to remain some odd outlier.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

sunday at work posted:

Artifice Armor sunsetting when? Another thing that doesn’t fit at all how they redesigned the game this time but that they can’t just delete so it’s going to remain some odd outlier.

Much more likely that it will just become ubiquitous due to power creep

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They shouldn't bother messing with the armor system or its weird poking branches like artifice armor until they address the fact that about three stats, depending on your class, are actually work speccing into and the armor metagame is all about avoiding the other stats as much as possible.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

mobility should also increase sprint speed
strength should also lower unpowered melee cooldown
intellect should also increase increase super damage

send tweet

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(Monkey paw curls a finger)

OK the original base sprint speed, melee cooldown, and super damage are now Tier 10

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

haveblue posted:

That was my dream; reduce vault bloat for niche loadouts by having a dozen strong pieces of artifice gear for each character. This has worked pretty well on my Titan, but I hosed up and didn't get enough good pieces last season for Warlock or Hunter. Consider that 4 pieces of artifice gives you 12 stat points to play with, and that's pretty good flexibility. Grab some pieces with differing spikes and voila. I figured this aspiration is sort of what Bungie intended, since it represents the "higher challenge for higher reward" mindset. Granted we as players found ways to trivialize some of the challenges, but still.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't forget that Artifice Armor literally only drops from premium paid real-money dollar source (30th Anniversary, Year 5 Dungeon Key, Year 6 Dungeon Key)

It can't be removed from the game or nerfed. It must be best in slot because it is a premium item

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Kith posted:

send tweet

I like them all. Personally I would like if Int added a scalar to the "do damage and get super juice" gains, since it would incentivize players to be shooting instead of hiding.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I might like to get artifice class items, but I don't really bother with Master-level content and certainly don't plan on doing it long enough to get good enough rolls to replace my existing "good" armor sets.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

send tweet

Mobility should increase the speed you do certain actions like activate your class ability, melee speed, etc.
Strength should increases resistance to being pushed because if you know a phalanx can't belt you back to Halo 3, you'll actually feel more incentivized to spec into CQC, but tbh the problem with strength isn't that the stat itself is bad it's that too many charged melees in the game A) Just aren't good relatively their grenade or B) Already have a way to fully regen without waiting for cooldowns. Why would a throwing hammer titan, a Solar Warlock or ANY Hunter ever spec into strength, and why would a Voidwalker ever give a poo poo about their melee?
Intellect should increase the ACTIVE super regen you get from inflicting damage, not just the passive regen. Increasing super damage is very funny though and might actually make roaming supers good in PvE.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

I might like to get artifice class items, but I don't really bother with Master-level content and certainly don't plan on doing it long enough to get good enough rolls to replace my existing "good" armor sets.

it’s fine, you don’t need triple-100 perfectly-optimized stats for anything—and in fact, it’s not worth the agita at all unless playing video games is literally your job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, you can fairly easily jury-rig your way to bootleg triple 100 with a font mod and all that really means is you're not using your armor charge for other stuff. Which is usually fine.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1648757316743733248?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I can always get 1 non-Mob stat to 100, and can usually get Res + Rec both to 100 if I'm not running strand, but tbh I usually skimp on Mob even on my hunter. For discipline, just kickstart + firepower + innervation means that I usually have half my grenade back near-instantly without focused stat investment plus I get more on orb pickups from weapon kills, so I don't even know that triple 100s get you much advantage relative to the effort needed to reach that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1648783920710946818

LOUD BOOING

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

If full auto works on glaives melee I will be SO happy.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mesadoram posted:

If full auto works on glaives melee I will be SO happy.

Good news gamer!

Bungie posted:

This upcoming change allows players to have full auto mode for melee weapons (including Swords and Glaives)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
On swords sounds nice too for combos.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

oh boy a bunch of bullshit that makes me not want to engage with build crafting because there's a bunch of annoying and cryptic caveats.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

T1g4h posted:

Good news gamer!

Yesssss. My poor mouse has been getting a beating since I started using the Vexcalibur.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
...grapple melee builds needed a triple nerf but shackle "what if stasis freeze lasted like 28 times longer and didn't break when you shot it" grenades are totally fine?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Huh, I was having trouble getting Radiant weapons to stun barrier champs but I figured I was just doing something wrong

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

oh boy a bunch of bullshit that makes me not want to engage with build crafting because there's a bunch of annoying and cryptic caveats.

Lmao

e: Content

i got the thing yay

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 19, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm being hyperbolic but I hate when I play these games, pick some stuff that sounds good, only for someone to point out like 20 hours later that my build sucks/doesn't work because there's some interaction that's not described in game or I mis-valued some particular stat.

I'm bad and dumb enough at coming up with my own builds. I'd rather a system where I can suss out my own builds without falling into noob traps or whatever rather then just looking up whatever youtuberman says is good. Im probably overestimate the impact this will have, just sounds annoying on face value.

e: Congrats on the title

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 19, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's very annoying that they nerfed the 2-orb trick from Grapple Melee because it was one of the things that actually made grappling worth using instead of just doing some boring overpowered suspend bullshit, but what's really stupid about it is that they apparently just broke Firepower.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Completed my exotic armor collection thanks to Vex Strike Force. Multitasking while waiting for the event to pop up and then burning the 6 giant minotaurs in less than 5 minutes is a much better time than grinding lost sectors

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I ground out 10 LLS to try to get my hunter star eater scales and did not get a single exotic drop. Usually everytime I do a couple lost sectors i'll at least get one exotic. I don't understand this system.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Astrochicken posted:

I ground out 10 LLS

Wow! What Engagement! Design More Like This!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

We're getting rid of armour affinity so you can use whatever combination of mods you want!

No, not like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This is a link to a server that has a vex alert bot. You can react to an emoji to get a dm anytime a vex event happens. If you're under leveled you might get carried but it's way better than lls bullshit.

You can also pipe the announcements into your own server if you like

https://discord.gg/7rk8WyTA

I am in no way affiliated I just think it's a v nice tool and way easier for new players to tag along than bang their heads into the lost sector bullshit.