Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimtech
Nov 25, 2005
Hail to the king baby...

I want the Lakers to move on so they can be swept by Kings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lockback posted:

Is it too late for him to join the Cavs again?

hell why not. has he ever even mentioned retiring. God it would be awesome if he was coming off the bench at like 45 still.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://streamable.com/73a4w3

Dray did nothing wrong

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if the cavs draft bronny lebron will go there and win them another ring. simple as

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/kings-defense-davion-mitchell-breakdown-warriors-highlights/ really good analysis of sac's game 2 defense by mark schindler

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

if the cavs draft bronny lebron will go there and win them another ring. simple as

First he is going to try to win a title with Bronny at USC but the college game is so bad his team will lose in the first round while Villanova or something wins.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its funny that delly is on the kings since he was pretty much the first Annoy Curry After Every Make guy, just bumping him all the way down the court in the first cavs/warriors series.

also generally the best fix to massive ball pressure is to just pass it to another good playmaker, like how the spurs decimated the heat in their last finals matchup by just waiting for a trap and then chucking it to boris diaw. i wonder if the warriors have a big donkey looking doofus who knows how 2 pass on their team hrrm

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Rick posted:

First he is going to try to win a title with Bronny at USC but the college game is so bad his team will lose in the first round while Villanova or something wins.

he's gonna play football at USC for a year while Bronny hoops

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is very good. It's interesting because the general thought is that you can't run a halfcourt trap in the NBA but that's pretty much this becomes, partly because the screener basically becomes another obstacle.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

JJ is a hot take artist and has been for some time but Mad Dog gets all the hate for being a dumb hot take artist

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

LeBron doing a billy madison and metriculating at a college to play in March Madness with his kid would be a funny movie premise.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

That was pretty good!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’ve been a huge Davion hater but he’s basically been told to be a rich man’s Delly and pulling it off

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
I think if the Warriors lose tonight I'll be fine with Draymond getting told to pound sand this offseason.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Not gonna happen

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Yeah there's no way the Warriors lose tonight.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

rjmccall posted:

Not gonna happen

Skrill.exe posted:

Yeah there's no way the Warriors lose tonight.

You're messing with the reverse jinx

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
The warriors are gonna absolutely poo poo their pants, this isn’t a reverse jinx it’s just what happens

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You probably should mess with your calendar.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The warriors will not win tonight. I guarantee it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tomorrow though...

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1648821278646882304?s=46

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's really amazing that the Wizards never managed to fumble into the play-in tournament twice in a row

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Poll: Who Should Win 2022/23 NBA Awards?
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/04/poll-who-should-win-2022-23-nba-awards.html

Shaq on the Draymond Green stomp: 'I would have done the same thing'
https://sports.yahoo.com/shaq-on-the-draymond-green-stomp-i-would-have-done-the-same-thing-155655039.html

Porfiriato posted:

* there's the "proper" way to get to the locker rooms but it's also possible to get to them by taking an unofficial shortcut through that fan lounge for some reason?? Which seems dumb, but also dumb for visiting players to take that route during a heated playoff game, and also dumb for this dude to mouth off as Russ walked through, and also dumb for Russ to get in his face. Just, everyone's dumb here.

Duane Rankin gives an exclusive look and retraces Westbrook's steps
https://twitter.com/DuaneRankin/status/1647822322944860161

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

It makes me laugh that whenever people tell you who they picked in the poll they’re always wrong. Memory is a very fragile thing

Yeah, I don't remember all my picks. Many years it's been interesting to see how wildly a bunch of narratives can shift over few months.

Mia Wasikowska posted:

i think he might still be getting back into things, i know that sounds crazy for someone who got a near 30 point near triple double, but he's not at the level he was at earlier this season yet

Also, KD has only played eight regular season games with the team. That's a really short amount of time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1648824556230934529?s=46

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I’m almost sure I voted Embiid/Simmons, so let’s find out how fragile my goldfish memory is!

Trae Young/Jimmy Butler

The Maestro posted:

Pretty sure I picked Poole as most overrated this year. And maybe also Fox as most underrated

Yes.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
not to make zogo keep looking but i'm pretty sure i said Simmons underrated and...Tatum overrated?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

They should just watch the video where Metta World Peace has his friends run into him full speed and doesn't move to prove that charges are fake and simply only call a charge if it would knock MWP down.

There was a period where Jeremy Lin was also proving charges were fake. Dennis Rodman could also plant his foot into the ground like a fence post and even Shaq at the height of his powers was helpless.

Fast Luck posted:

...they’re trying to protect the basket solely by being some sort of crotch-protecting traffic cone getting bowled over.

Yeah, I'm tired of the crotch-protecting traffic cone stance/posture. It should be outlawed. Make the players do something else. Maybe the latest dance craze.

aBagorn posted:

not to make zogo keep looking but i'm pretty sure i said Simmons underrated and...Tatum overrated?

Paul George/Ben Simmons

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

giannis is out let's loving go

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

giannis is out let's loving go

mentally preparing myself for 18% from 3PT

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stuker posted:

mentally preparing myself for 18% from 3PT

that optimism is going to kill you

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Marc Spears sounds ridiculous on the Lowe Post today. I really do not understand the NBA Media hive who are peddling the line that "Anyone would have done exactly what Draymond did when your leg is grabbed."

Am I insane for thinking 90 percent of the NBA would not have done that! Spears also uses the analogy that the NBA has "let their kid run wild but now all of a sudden you want to discipline him real strong" and so its the reaction from the league is over reaching.

Spears: "Beat the champs fair and square."

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 20, 2023

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

soggybagel posted:

Marc Spears sounds ridiculous on the Lowe Post today. I really do not understand the NBA Media hive who are peddling the line that "Anyone would have done exactly what Draymond did when your leg is grabbed."

Am I insane for thinking 90 percent of the NBA would not have done that!

You are. Every NBA player grabs people’s junk, kicks their junk, stomps on people on the ground, looks like a donkey, and punches their teammates. Maybe try watching more games?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

i am a moron posted:

You are. Every NBA player grabs people’s junk, kicks their junk, stomps on people on the ground, looks like a donkey, and punches their teammates. Maybe try watching more games?

Hmm, sounds like the wolves bench....you're right!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's wild seeing the NBA talking head media go from "the Kings can't handle the physicality of the playoffs this is an easy out" to "woah can you believe how much grabbing and pulling the Kings are doing how are the refs letting this happen?!"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

It's wild seeing the NBA talking head media go from "the Kings can't handle the physicality of the playoffs this is an easy out" to "woah can you believe how much grabbing and pulling the Kings are doing how are the refs letting this happen?!"

It confirms my priors that no one watched the Kings this year

Including myself

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

This is the worst. Before the series they were wondering if the Kings could handle playoff physicality, then before game 2 they were praising the physical play, and now all of a sudden Sabonis is the dirty player and the crowd is influencing the refs.

And I’m sick of the “beat them fair and square” “asterisk” narrative. You play the team in front of you. Don’t commit a heinous flagrant 2 and get suspended. Don’t win all of your rings against injury decimated teams and then complain that a habitual line stomper did what he always does and wrote checks his teammates have to cash. Series ain’t over yet.

Zogo posted:

Trae Young/Jimmy Butler

Yes.

Good choices

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

to be fair the Kings never played like this in the regular season and still may not for the rest of the series

but it's all been a bunch of "Draymond will get in their head and disrupt them" talk that pivoted to "why are you trying to instigate Draymond just leave him alone and ball" pearl clutching. Kyrie and Draymond are two people who I don't understand why so many in the media and/or among the players go to bat for. Are they just really cool to hang with or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The other "annoying" part of this narrative is that they're just like "Well of course Draymond is emotional and goes crazy and gets a long long leash from the refs to do stuff most other players would immediately be ejected with...so how dare they actually punish him!"