Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

ryde posted:

I hope it does. Being a paid blue-check-haver is a near 100% signal for having a terrible opinion, but they've tried to make the blue tick ambiguous so you cant tell if they paid.

I'm actually shocked at how correlated paying for the blue check is for being just a rock-dumb motherfucker. I assumed that there would be a bunch of normal people that bought it for editing, not because they're Elon bootlickers, but nope they're nearly all loving morons.

Edit doesn't matter to 99.9% of users. Deleting and reposting is free and just as good since most tweets get no replies or retweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sininu posted:

Same here for the most part. Although Twitter really wants to push semi-random foreign language corporate accounts on me so that's something new...

anecdotally the content in the feed isn't that bad for me now, the main problem is it repeats itself constantly and randomly rearranges itself

for a while it was pushing all kinds of random garbage, though it will probably revert to that when elon gets bored and starts pressing buttons again

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1648784955655192577

lmao

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
this trash heap just keeps on burning

lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm sure every one of those 30,000 likes this tweet received in the last 20 minutes were from real, actual dactual people.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Hey advertisers! Come advertise on Twitter but if you leave, I'M GOING TO SUE YOU!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I know you won't because you're a liar but please please try to sue the trillion dollar company

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
kill, kill, kill

I say to my confused advertisers.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Sankis posted:

I know you won't because you're a liar but please please try to sue the trillion dollar company

He really is that stupid, so 50-50 really on it happening or there being another Apple situation

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

he was also going to sue all the radical leftists groups that called for a boycott of twitter so maybe musk is just a huge liar

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I can feel my IQ sinking as my brain runs out my ears.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/junlper/status/1648788607623110656?s=46&t=JhAU97pczQ89AwjWUo-P8Q
I bet a good reporter could write many things about this type of behavior. Start some sort of file on Twitter maybe. Oh well

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

What is he even talking about

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

I can feel my IQ sinking as my brain runs out my ears.

I'm doing the really sad Jackie Kennedy thing but it's not working.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I saw that and was immediately like "Can't wait to see how the terminally online billionaire will justify it" and lo and behold....

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1648793947806871556

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lol you all said Twitter was unprofitable, what about when all that lawsuit money starts rolling in

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I guess the Tesla earnings call didn't go great since it's currently in free fall in after hours trading.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Scipiotik posted:

I guess the Tesla earnings call didn't go great since it's currently in free fall in after hours trading.

it is once again time to buy the dip (this is legitimate and legally binding financial advice)

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Scipiotik posted:

To give people some context
https://twitter.com/GabeHoff/status/1648793569753198594
https://twitter.com/GabeHoff/status/1648793946116485126

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
What the hell is that software he's screenshotting

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Sometimes I wish I still had an account so I could encourage him. “Yes King, sue MS into the ground!”

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm sure this go as well as his lawsuit to get out of the twitter deal :elon: :elon: :elon:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

big black turnout posted:

bloomberg terminal

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Isn’t the implication he would be fine if they still advertised on his platform.

Because that seems like blackmailing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DRINK ME posted:

Sometimes I wish I still had an account so I could encourage him. “Yes King, sue MS into the ground!”

all the replies are doing that already, though unironically

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Convex posted:

bloomberg terminal

Looks like loving Teletext

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

big black turnout posted:

the like $30k a year bloomberg terminal.

Elon wants to charge more money for Twitter than bloomberg does for terminal access lol

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Convex posted:

bloomberg terminal

mobby_6kl posted:

Looks like loving Teletext

I love that one of the key pieces of stock market software in the world looks like such a weird outdated piece of garbage.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

wilderthanmild posted:

I love that one of the key pieces of stock market software in the world looks like such a weird outdated piece of garbage.

Not just "looks like such a weird outdated piece of garbage", it is a weird outdated piece of garbage

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Piell posted:

Not just "looks like such a weird outdated piece of garbage", it is a weird outdated piece of garbage

Elon Musk

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Piell posted:

It's also extremely powerful for analysis and any replacement would surely be a piece of poo poo

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hobo Clown posted:

Lol you all said Twitter was unprofitable, what about when all that lawsuit money starts rolling in

Well, then it was worth about 44 billion in profits.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If Elon can get 56 Fox News sized settlements then he's made up his money!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sure this go as well as his lawsuit to get out of the twitter deal :elon: :elon: :elon:

How can I get advertisers back? I know, I'll threaten to accuse them of fraud and sue them if they leave!

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Azhais posted:

How can I get advertisers back? I know, I'll threaten to accuse them of fraud and sue them if they leave!

Deal from strength or get crushed every time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon accusing everyone using the API for free of "downloading the whole Twitter database" is like that bash.org quote

code:
<NES> lol
<NES> I download something from Napster
<NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
<NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
<NES> "getting my song back fucker"

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
So I'm a bit dumb about these things, but did Musk put up Tesla stock as collateral on the loan(s?) to buy Twitter? I'm wondering because I want to know if it's possible that he'll eat an extremely hilarious margin call.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

He keeps talking about companies “ripping off the database” like that’s a thing others can actually do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

I know it's impossible to quantify but I'd love to see how much Elon's online toxicity is directly responsible for Telsa's falling sales.