Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

beer_war posted:

This. The spotter wants to sign a contract to be with the REAL MEN instead of civilian weaklings. The viewer is supposed to scoff at the pitiful weights.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1648644105558274048?s=20

:ohdear:

:magemage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i guess mobniks getting clapped is a sorta "human rights situation"

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

let's ask Western Man

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

i guess mobniks getting clapped is a sorta "human rights situation"

If I was a CO in the Russian """army""" and didn't want to get done for huge amounts of human rights abuses against civilians and my own troops, I would simply surrender to Ukrainian forces at the first opportunity before doing any.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1648574958358999040
:laugh:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
That MFA post is peak kremlin

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

thekeeshman posted:

NATO hasn't done anything to South America and any "leftist" with two brain cells to rub together should be able to see that Russia is a far-right authoritarian state and should not be supported or coddled in its war of genocidal imperialism. If your anti-Americanism leads you to make excuses for literal fascism then you're not a leftist you're just anti-American, which is fine I guess but then you don't get to claim to have principles. All these calls for "negotiated settlement" aren't any better because he's just trying to make the problem go away at the Ukrainians' expense, and we know from recent history that any ceasefire Russia agrees to will just be an excuse to rearm and try again in a few years. It is literally just tankie nonsense and the fact that he's South American as opposed to European or American doesn't make it any better.

There's no "anti-americanism" in this. He just said the truth. NATO is just making this poo poo worse. The only way to end this war quickly is to have a negotiation and both Ukraine and Russia are gonna have to compromise and yes, Ukraine and sorry liberals like you will have to swallow their tears and concede at least Crimea. Cruel reality, isn't it.

thekeeshman posted:

It's not like South America has any shortage of lovely leftist regimes either.
And this shows how you're completely oblivious about geopolitics. South America never had any leftist regime ever.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Negostrike posted:

And this shows how you're completely oblivious about geopolitics. South America never had any leftist regime ever.

Leftism has never been attempted, actually

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Negostrike posted:

There's no "anti-americanism" in this. He just said the truth. NATO is just making this poo poo worse. The only way to end this war quickly is to have a negotiation and both Ukraine and Russia are gonna have to compromise and yes, Ukraine and sorry liberals like you will have to swallow their tears and concede at least Crimea. Cruel reality, isn't it.

Oh, look everybody! A Troll! What fun!

Sorry, I'm not going to respond to the substance of your post because there isn't any.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
This might seem like a weird concept, but it's the Ukranian people's choice on if they want to fight back or not, rather than NATO's.

And looking at how loving horrific Russia is to people in areas they capture, I don't blame em.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Negostrike posted:

NATO is just making this poo poo worse.

haha I don't think you're going to like it here buddy.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Our poor mortal languages are insufficient tools to describe how much I hate these people.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Negostrike posted:

Why is this the reality? How did you arrive to this conclusion?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

Oh, look everybody! A Troll! What fun!

Sorry, I'm not going to respond to the substance of your post because there isn't any.

It's notable that the Putin cheerleaders are already conceding the Donbas for him, I guess.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Negostrike posted:

That's Ukraine's decision to make, not yours to suggest. And how exactly did you come to this conclusion? What's your reasoning behind this?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Negostrike posted:

You're so right mate. A few years ago one evening, a guy kicked in my front door, shot my dog, and started trashing the place. I briefly considered calling the police, but they would only do violence on my behalf, so I did the only morally acceptable thing: I ceded my kitchen and garage to him, to end the conflict quickly. Ukraine should learn from my shining example.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Negostrike posted:

I'm curious, what does Russia have to compromise on? They've not lost any of their country.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Actually it is entirely up to ukraine when they stop fighting as it is their land and russia is not entitled to any of it in any case whatsoever. the united states will happily finance the Ukrainians as long as needed in order to secure their territorial integrity and protect their sovereignty

also russia can end the war immediately by just..

leaving

imagine that!

funny how everyone spouting the same sort of bullshit also always conveniently forgets that in this case one country can unilaterally end the war by just not fighting anymore (hint: it is the country which invaded in the first place) while ignoring that the country being invaded ceases to exist if it stops fighting

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 19, 2023

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Tai posted:

I'm curious, what does Russia have to compromise on? They've not lost any of their country.

Getting back to pre-war status quo is already a big compromise for them, if they want Donbas so much.

Russia won't leave unless someone pops a cap in Pootn

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Negostrike posted:

No, Russia can take their genocidal asses and just gently caress off and go home. Thats how it ends.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Negostrike posted:

Yeah, as much as one might hope for an end to imperialist aggression the sad fact remains that sometimes imperialism is gonna win. I don't think it's worth celebrating that even if it owns the libs, though.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
russia's big scary winter offensive resulted in a gain of 70km^2 of additional territory at a cost of tens of thousands of lives and thousands of pieces of equipment while leaving wagner pmc a desiccated shell of what it used to be

somehow not very worried about the restoration of the donbas

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

the holy poopacy posted:

I don't think it's worth celebrating that even if it owns the libs, though.

No one is

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Negostrike posted:

Getting back to pre-war status quo is already a big compromise for them, if they want Donbas so much.

They can take their ball and go home if they don't want to be sanctioned over the years into financial and economic oblivion. Their last mighty offensive resulted in the gain of 0.2% of Ukrainian land at the cost of tens of thousands of lives and such a catastrophic loss of equipment T-55s and strange technicals using naval guns are being pressed into service. A few more months of this and even the T-55s won't be left.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Philonius posted:

You're so right mate. A few years ago one evening, a guy kicked in my front door, shot my dog, and started trashing the place. I briefly considered calling the police, but they would only do violence on my behalf, so I did the only morally acceptable thing: I ceded my kitchen and garage to him, to end the conflict quickly. Ukraine should learn from my shining example.

No because you see War Bad!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I think most Ukrainians want to war to end justly, not quickly, and I think they're smart enough to know these two outcomes may be diametrically-opposed.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, as much as one might hope for an end to imperialist aggression the sad fact remains that sometimes imperialism is gonna win. I don't think it's worth celebrating that even if it owns the libs, though.

No one is celebrating anything

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
FYI negotiations have been taking place since the 2014 invasion of Ukraine, and haven't exactly brought peace for our time.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2023

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Negostrike posted:

Lol, and furthermore, lmao.

NATO is the reason the Russian offensive has completely stalled out, so NATO is making things incomparably better than they would be otherwise. The Russia that has any interest in a just peace exists right next to the perfect version of leftism that has never been tried, both are entirely figments of your imagination.

There's a place you can post where everyone else is as stupid as you are, I won't name names but these dead gay forums aren't that big, I'm sure you can find it on your own.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
E: got the wrong drawdown info stand by lmao man what a bad post

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine-crisis-usa-aid/update-1-us-announces-325-million-military-aid-package-for-ukraine-idINL1N36M1ZI

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3367924/biden-administration-announces-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

E2: The real military aid going out today is worth $325 million and contains:

- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- AT-4 anti-armor weapon systems;
- Anti-tank mines;
- Demolition munitions for obstacle clearing;
- Over 9 million rounds of small arms ammunition;
- Four logistics support vehicles;
- Precision aerial munitions;
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Port and harbor security equipment;
-Spare parts and other field equipment.

State.gov posted:

Russia alone could end this war today. Until it does so, we will stand United with Ukraine for as long as it takes.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 19, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Negostrike posted:

Donbas is part of Ukraine. The voting thing was a utter sham. Russia being allowed to have Donbas is a compromise Ukraine makes, not Russia.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

There are a lot of right wingers in Europe who hate Donald Trump because of no other reason than he's American and a Republican who seems to support big military spending, which is antithetically to right wing ideology. The whole "classically liberal" and "classically conservative" thing being flipped/originalist there.

domestic policy doesn't have to overlap with foreign policy goals.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

e: editing the post because wrong info got quoted by OP

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1648633025251401728

zone fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

That's the good stuff, right there. The SAMs, SAM systems, Bradleys and Strykers are sorely needed.

I hosed up and got the wrong delivery originally, i've corrected it with the equipment going out in 4/19 delivery. It's still a substantial amount of The Good poo poo (HIMARs and more offensive weaponry)

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Negostrike posted:

No. Get out of this thread.

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Negostrike posted:

Assume NATO/"the west" just stops providing Ukraine with military and financial support, what do you see happening? Why would that lead to negotiations instead of a Russian push to perform all the ethnic cleansing and annexations its little heart desires?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Imagine being so loving brain poisoned that you look at an invading country doing honest to god genocide and go "well to further prevent the loss of life ukraine should just lie down and let the russians genocide them, peacefully" and then claim any self defence on the part of Ukraine is some kind of globalist nato plot to uh... Mmm... Hmm... Do an Imperialism???

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Has anyone mentioned lately how absolutely inspiring the Ukrainian people are? What heart!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Happy 4/20 :420:

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

I'll be testing a few strains today. Got a mixed order Jet Fuel, Sour Mango Diesel, and AK47. The AK47 is particularly good.

Hope everyone gets a chance to peace out. What's the weed situation like in Ukraine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Imagine being so loving brain poisoned that you look at an invading country doing honest to god genocide and go "well to further prevent the loss of life ukraine should just lie down and let the russians genocide them, peacefully" and then claim any self defence on the part of Ukraine is some kind of globalist nato plot to uh... Mmm... Hmm... Do an Imperialism???

A Chamberlain for the modern era.

It'll work this time!