Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1648812875832602625?t=BfPa8u5PpdLqx2buq5km0g&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is he angling for?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/1648816808793899012

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Regarde Aduck posted:

weird that a far right dipshit is never satisfied

perhaps more appeasement is in order

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Looking into it

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Rudeboy Detective posted:

afaik they don't do discrete model years but do teeny tiny little iterations on their models over time so that two cars bought in the same year might be built differently in subtle or even big ways

the driver experience remains largely untouched (which is why the S is so outdated lmao) but maybe your tesla has 420 different types of connector holding together the needlessly complicated wheel well assembly while mine only has 69

that's what she said :elon:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

who is they

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s so funny that elons in an abusive toxic relationship with this 62 year old who wants to drink diarrhea

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

lmao he’s such a whiny baby https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1648820174856892418?s=12

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Regarde Aduck posted:

Engagement, he is very divorced and would like not to be

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1648829159911596032

the wired reporter should dispute the suspension on the basis that he was discriminated against for his conservative views

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

lol when wired stops posting on twitter

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How hard is he really working to make boring garbage tweets

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Elon or catturd?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What is he even talking about

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

he can never reconcile that he makes bad tweets that only freaks want to interact with

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

punished milkman posted:

i called musk a bad word many months ago and was banned from twitter for it. i tried that stupid “i was banned for my conservative beliefs” appeal trick yesterday and it still works lmao

now that you mention it, i think this is why i got my twitter account unbanned too :lmao:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Uncle Wemus posted:

*posts badly* “I am being shadowbanned why are my views small?”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

He doesn't understand why he's struggling to compete in the Marketplace of Ideas

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

"Just want to thank all the very big advertisers who have confidentially purchased huge campaigns on my platform but also asked me to not name them.

I can't say but there's a lot of them!"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

perfect for creating the first divorced male ai

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

*posts badly* “I am being shadowbanned why are my views small?”

"Am I a lovely poster who people got sick of?

No. The entire platform is out to get me."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Jaxyon posted:

"Just want to thank all the very big advertisers who have confidentially purchased huge campaigns on my platform but also asked me to not name them.

I can't say but there's a lot of them!"

"making millions and having a great time with all my advertisers who are smiling and waving just off screen"

maybe elon will steal that one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ME: tell me a joke about a funny looking duck

TRUTHGPT: I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP BITCH

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

“We are not making money right now but imagine that we will make so much money later.”

autonomy lol. once we invent magic, these will make us so much money

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Scene: Elon, bloated, oxygenated

"we are not producing sufficient oxygen for the settlement team right now but, imagine, we will make so much oxygen later"

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008
I actually think SpaceX is doing cool stuff around reusability, around ride-sharing for satellite payloads, etc. Gywnne Shotwell is actually smart, that's why she's COO and actually runs things and you've never heard of her.

Only a needy weirdo wants to embarassingly stammer in front of a press conference and take credit for poo poo he didn't invent. So weirdly desperate for approval or adoration.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So generous of Elon to forgo profits in the name of getting cars into the hands of people who need them to make money.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ardship of Cambry posted:

I actually think SpaceX is doing cool stuff around reusability

SpaceX is private so no one has any actual numbers, but what numbers to exist suggest SpaceX reusing rockets adds a bunch of complexity but saves little to no money.

What Elmo has said about the prospects of Starship:

1. Launching Starlink is magically going to make it economically viable (It's not, space is idiotic for large broadband deployments in urban areas and the numbers don't make much sense for rural areas. Basically you are building tons of capacity for Starlink where you don't need it to serve a small number of rural users.

2. Point to point consumer world travel, which is so idiotic that I don't believe he is even talking about it anymore.

3. Moon and Mars travel, there is no business model besides getting NASA to pay for it, NASA might fund some of it, but a few science missions is not a business model.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

I actually think SpaceX is doing cool stuff around reusability, around ride-sharing for satellite payloads, etc. Gywnne Shotwell is actually smart, that's why she's COO and actually runs things and you've never heard of her.

actually we've all heard of her because everyone that wants to hug and kiss spacex constantly points out how she's actually in charge, not elon

70% of spacex depends on just plain made-up demand for launching satellites and the other 30% is stuff for the military. gently caress em

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTLV1jG/

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Only a needy weirdo wants to embarassingly stammer in front of a press conference and take credit for poo poo he didn't invent. So weirdly desperate for approval or adoration.

space x is doing one potentially cool thing (not gonna lie i’m excited about heavy lift) while sucking up huge amounts of funding. Meanwhile
nasa is building a nuclear rocket that can get to mars in 45 days, put a helicopter on mars, started asteroid deflection trials and put up the james webb telescope.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

deathbysnusnu posted:

space x is doing one potentially cool thing (not gonna lie i’m excited about heavy lift) while sucking up huge amounts of funding. Meanwhile
nasa is building a nuclear rocket that can get to mars in 45 days, put a helicopter on mars, started asteroid deflection trials and put up the james webb telescope.

and nasa would be able to do way more cool poo poo like that if space x wasnt syphoning their govt funding into elon's pocket lol

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

to be fair to elmo, SLS absolutely sucks too lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008
Obviously Elon's garbage.

Satellites are super useful, turns out. Falcon-9 kinda rendered small launchers irrelevant, at least for the present. Don't need a small rocket if you can ride-share. Older legacy systems are getting phased out, their new-gen replacements are behind in development because space stuff is hard.

Point to point travel looks just like an ICBM. It's a non-starter. Nobody's gonna do that. That's elmo taking poo poo/ No business model for Mars or lunar travel currently.

Militaries want satellites. Yeah, that's where the money is. They suck but they're not going away. I don't think that renders the concept of cheaper launchers bad. Earth environmental science, exploration, all need it. I don't want to write off better acess to space becuause some Boer rear end in a top hat made it one of his soapboxes

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008
Teslas are hilarious poo poo though. If you spill coffee in your car and your hand gets wet, you can't use a capactive touchscreen and I guess can't change gears? How is that legal?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Teslas are hilarious poo poo though. If you spill coffee in your car and your hand gets wet, you can't use a capactive touchscreen and I guess can't change gears? How is that legal?

Oh, it's super not, which is why there is a backup gear selector that only activates when the touchscreen fails. That's how dumb it is.

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

Rudeboy Detective posted:

to be fair to elmo, SLS absolutely sucks too lol

yeah, i mean. SLS is going nowhere. it's launched what, once? we've burned like 30 billion on it. it's a republican senator money-distribution mechanism.

once you're in orbit you're halfway anywhere. easier LEO access opens up access to way cool NASA exploration and science missions. yes. NERVA style nuclear propulsion is rad as hell and is the future, but we gotta get em into orbit somehow.

i welcome anybody actually making tangible improvements in reusability and heavy-lift. more should follow suit.

elon is still an upsetting black hole void that's ravenous for approval and catturd's love.

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Oh, it's super not, which is why there is a backup gear selector that only activates when the touchscreen fails. That's how dumb it is.

wait, so there is a pysical lever or instrument? why not just... ?

is this like how the doors have a special backup mechanism you can dig out and use when the electronic thing fails and you're burning to death in a lithium fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

is this like how the doors have a special backup mechanism you can dig out and use when the electronic thing fails and you're burning to death in a lithium fire?

Oh silly goose, only some of the doors.