Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ikanreed posted:

You get low grade copper

Did NOT expect Ea Nasir to post itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIsfnGQt3o

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

crepeface posted:

lots come here on working visas and/or to study. Australia also has great food from having really fresh produce (seafood, beef and dairy) and immigrant restaurants

edit: also, our environment is really nice. lots of nature, fresh air and because we are so sparsely populated (especially compared to china), there's lots of wide open spaces.

No it's all venomous snaiks and spoiders.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Agreed

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nomhossain/status/1612261048974966785

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Orgetorix/status/1648571418987118592

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
https://www.scmp.com/economy/global...deficit-emerges

quote:

In just five years South Korea has gone from selling over US$55 billion more to China (in 2018) than it imported to recording a trade deficit of over US$5 billion at the start of 2023, with an analyst pointing to its shrinking “technological comparative advantage”.

gotta fix the clear lack of chinese innovation by selling weapons to a bankrupt east euro country

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1648664410322509825

the wargame will totally be objective and not pander to their desires nosiree

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's the state equivalent of running arguments in your head over and over and gaming out how you totally would've won that argument if you had said X

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"why is china threatening us?" - political class who spends every waking moment fantasizing about killing the chinese

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

"why is china threatening us?" - political class who spends every waking moment fantasizing about killing the chinese

I think the same thing constantly when we have to hear about Russian aggression.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

I still don’t see any evidence that china is threatening the US in any real way.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GlassEye-Boy posted:

I still don’t see any evidence that china is threatening the US in any real way.

they're... not?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 72 days!
their success threatens us implicitly

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Xi Jinping is texting Joe Biden everyday in iMessage, but it's just stuff like "Bitch", "I'll gently caress you up, little poo poo", and "Ahomosezwat?"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

their success threatens us implicitly

wow look a mr ruling class here

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 72 days!
i could buy and sell something awful a thousand times over

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

true but you wouldnt be able to project any soft power unless you brought back the front page

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

true but you wouldnt be able to project any soft power unless you brought back the front page

There's NOT a front page anymore?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/yifullofsin/status/1647629694894841857

rmb deep lore

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Balloon erasure!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
China is a threat and must be dealt with soon.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Americans are just mad that China, unlike most of the west, isn't a vassal state. Also, the fact that China is making real progress in getting rid of the US dollar as the default trade currency makes them even madder. Thus all the warmongering.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Actually right now America's most powerful weapon is the USD. The elites know they cannot afford to lose the dominance of the dollar.

Why do you know they still want to send Yellen over after Beijing repeatedly shut the door on Blinken?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/niubi/status/1648788291972374531

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

stephenthinkpad posted:

Actually right now America's most powerful weapon is the USD. The elites know they cannot afford to lose the dominance of the dollar.

was

the usd died when the us went nuclear on russia, stole their deposits, and kicked them from swift

it’s all over except for the shouting

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Centrist Committee posted:

was

the usd died when the us went nuclear on russia, stole their deposits, and kicked them from swift

it’s all over except for the shouting

But there's so much shouting at so many countries to do for so many years with so many drones

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mcgowan followed china's zero covid policy and did so well in the following election that the opposition got so few seats that they had to de-register as an official political party. it is time to fully embrace xi jinping thought and join the immense mineral wealth of WA with the infrastructure explosion of the belt and road initiative

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

But there's so much shouting at so many countries to do for so many years with so many drones

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grimnarsson posted:

That's fine. After you get acclimated to Australia you barely notice all the venomous bites. Barely a cause for panic at all.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Grimnarsson posted:

if I were religious I would assume that Australia being filled with things that want to kill humans was a message from God

ATTEMPT NO LANDING IN AUSTRALIA.
ALL THE OTHER CONTINENTS ARE YOURS.

when I dated an Aussie the most disturbing thing was the casual way she described drawing eyes on her bicycle helmet so the magpies would try to peck those out instead of her actual eyes while she beat them off with a stick she had to carry with her when she rode

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
this is not a place of honour
nothing of value is here

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

here's some lira lore: the more money you have, the more ataturk gives you attention

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wow just like how the snorlax sprite in pokemon slowly wakes up with every new game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

lol

here's some lira lore: the more money you have, the more ataturk gives you attention

Lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

this is not a place of honour
nothing of value is here

It's literally Earth's uranium bunker

mawarannahr posted:

lol

Carefully ordering my billfold so I can do a flicker animation of Ataturk shaking his head smugly

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

lol

This is why physical money will always rule.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

This is why physical money will always rule.

nothing beats that canadian 5 dollar bill that you can spock

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

lol

Great, now all I can think of is Herman Cain money in various states of turning to the camera and smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

eSports Chaebol posted:

when I dated an Aussie the most disturbing thing was the casual way she described drawing eyes on her bicycle helmet so the magpies would try to peck those out instead of her actual eyes while she beat them off with a stick she had to carry with her when she rode

What the gently caress