Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Oh silly goose, only some of the doors.

Cool, I'm a betting man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mr musk is a very smart man imo

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

His TIME cover that just put the state of his head and hair in shadow

bitch you're not gonna shave or nothing for your times person of the year photo? how much money did you spend bribing them to put you on and you couldn't afford a loving barber

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ardship of Cambry posted:

Obviously Elon's garbage.

Satellites are super useful, turns out. Falcon-9 kinda rendered small launchers irrelevant, at least for the present. Don't need a small rocket if you can ride-share. Older legacy systems are getting phased out, their new-gen replacements are behind in development because space stuff is hard.

Point to point travel looks just like an ICBM. It's a non-starter. Nobody's gonna do that. That's elmo taking poo poo/ No business model for Mars or lunar travel currently.

Militaries want satellites. Yeah, that's where the money is. They suck but they're not going away. I don't think that renders the concept of cheaper launchers bad. Earth environmental science, exploration, all need it. I don't want to write off better acess to space becuause some Boer rear end in a top hat made it one of his soapboxes

space sucks who cares and gently caress the dod

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
yeah the military is bad but lockheed just makes a lot of cool stuff

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

the milk machine posted:

space sucks who cares

dunno man, earth lives in space. we put satellites and poo poo up to watch our climate and weather and poo poo. we can learn poo poo about the universe and our place in it. oooh drat you're edgy as poo poo, though. man, i'm impressed.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
im glad you’re impressed, many people feel that way about my posts

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008
good content. worth ten bucks.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
space is fail

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah we only need space because we hosed up earth

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
fail species

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon: look, big rocket

me, clapping: wow big rocket, go higher than the birds

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
lighting one up on 420

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

But a big rocket is more likely to hit a ship than a small rocket

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

LGD posted:

https://twitter.com/thetrendzmall/status/1648621105970819072?s=20

the insane ads due to no legitimate advertisers have gotten better imo

I’ll buy one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

what

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon Musk, on $TSLA earnings: Tesla is in a uniquely strong strategic position because we are the only ones making cars that technically we could sell for zero profit for now and then yield tremendous economics in the future through autonomy, no one else can do that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1648798178496610304

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
https://twitter.com/followtheh/status/1648797556296626176?s=20

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

It's always good to admit to customers that they're overpaying for a product.

It is equally good to admit to shareholders that your prices are uncompetitive but they might be better in some distant future.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

why is nobody signing up for my newsletter 'Old Man Complains'

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

This is just about NPR et al? It's a pretty clear false equivalency because SpaceX or whatever isn't a news company or something whose business is the dissemination of information. There is a legitimate concern over those sorts of companies having ties to the government and I for one would like to see more state funded tags on news agencies like Reuters.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
doesn’t spacex also run an isp

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Weka posted:

This is just about NPR et al? It's a pretty clear false equivalency because SpaceX or whatever isn't a news company or something whose business is the dissemination of information. There is a legitimate concern over those sorts of companies having ties to the government and I for one would like to see more state funded tags on news agencies like Reuters.

It's about the Tesla earning reports today, they sell emission credits to other automakers

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

https://twitter.com/sv_Philosophy/status/1648826342258122752?s=20

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Sentient Big Dogs shirt

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

nikosoft posted:

It's about the Tesla earning reports today, they sell emission credits to other automakers

Compared with the labeling of NPR and BBC, right?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

how is this not just straight up fraud

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

if i didn't know better i'd say these people are intentionally sending elon on wild goose chases for their own amusement and to make him miserable and paranoid and to further wreck twitter. kinda jealous of catturd for having his ear tbh

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Escape Goat posted:

how is this not just straight up fraud

it's not fraud to say stupid things to stupid people to get their money as long as everyone believes you're stupid enough to actually believe what you're saying

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Parity warning posted:

if i didn't know better i'd say these people are intentionally sending elon on wild goose chases for their own amusement and to make him miserable and paranoid and to further wreck twitter. kinda jealous of catturd for having his ear tbh

Isn’t like the vast majority of the people left at Twitter the poor fuckers trapped by work visas at this point?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

dunno man, earth lives in space. we put satellites and poo poo up to watch our climate and weather and poo poo. we can learn poo poo about the universe and our place in it. oooh drat you're edgy as poo poo, though. man, i'm impressed.

what

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hes right, space is lame

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Even the name..its called space because its loving empty

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

U could fly in one direction until you die and you'd get lucky to hit some space dust.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
number go down...on 4/20

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

it's not fraud to say stupid things to stupid people to get their money as long as everyone believes you're stupid enough to actually believe what you're saying

alternatively you can argue that no sane person would believe your obvious bs. That's kosher too

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
checking in on the fanboys

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1648921930320465920

driving the wrong way in a parking lot again lol

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The funniest thing about catturd is he thinks he deserves OnlyFans money for his whiny posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

everyone else has a better chance at autonomy because they didn't cheap out on LIDAR sensors but ok sure