Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Waroduce posted:

Lmao

e: Content

i got the thing yay

Congrats! You've been putting in the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Astrochicken posted:

I ground out 10 LLS to try to get my hunter star eater scales and did not get a single exotic drop. Usually everytime I do a couple lost sectors i'll at least get one exotic. I don't understand this system.

I just did three of them this evening and no exotic drops yet either

On a happy note I'm finally able to run LLS with a ll of 815

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Can Vex Strike Force get you LLS Exotics?

E: That you haven't gotten yet, obviously.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Shockeh posted:

To date it has only ever dropped Sanguine Alchemy for me :v:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Shockeh posted:

It seems like it might next season but the wording on the post was somewhat unclear

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Astrochicken posted:

I ground out 10 LLS to try to get my hunter star eater scales and did not get a single exotic drop. Usually everytime I do a couple lost sectors i'll at least get one exotic. I don't understand this system.

I was told to kick it up to Master instead of Legend, and I got my Assembler Boots
And if there were ever a LLS to do on Master, it's Aphelion's Rest.
You should never die in there, unless you're just running around all the cover, directly slamming your mouth into enemy fire.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Tried using the god mode cheese on the weekly story mission and ground it out to the end only to have the part where the room...zooms? (never could really tell what was supposed to be happening there) bug out and stick me in the ceiling with no way to get out

fun

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Astrochicken posted:

Sorry, I was hogging all the LLS luck today, got three exotics in the first four runs. (And then had a run of 7 or 8 without one...)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
In the Tassi article he mentions that "Reaper and Firepower don't work" and that's just not true? First thing I did after the patch was use my Void Loadout, dodge, throw grenade, and shoot a dude. Two orbs, as intended.

Now, my personal gribe with the way orbs are made is that it's dumb that they just trigger once. As in, throw a grenade, kill five guys? One orb. Throw a Stasis frisbee, kill three doods? One orb. Now I get that they don't want people to throw one grenade and get a billion orbs that recharge grenades (which is :sad: honestly) but like, let us stack mods to increase how many can come off the trigger at least?

I would love to see the wacky hijinx of a Stasis frisbee build with three slots used for Heavy Handed to generate (up to) three orbs per frisbee. Because it would require three friggin slots.

The one orb per source thing is weird to me, and will continue to be.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Shockeh posted:

Yes. Confirmed by self earlier today. Got a helm on Titan I had not otherwise unlocked (and in fact gave up on grinding for just hours beforehand).

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If you can beat a LLS without a huge amount of struggling, don't be afraid to switch to Master mode. It's a very minor increase in difficulty, and the exotic drop rates are much better.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
on my 8th run I finally got a new exotic :woop:

I'm not too happy with the spike distribution though. I guess res is fine but I'm not too thrilled on int and str

idk what do y'all think?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

omg chael crash posted:

It seems like it might next season but the wording on the post was somewhat unclear

Destiny 2 Lightfall: The wording was somewhat unclear

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

neutral milf hotel posted:

on my 8th run I finally got a new exotic :woop:

I'm not too happy with the spike distribution though. I guess res is fine but I'm not too thrilled on int and str

idk what do y'all think?

The exotic effect far outweighs the stats, just don’t masterwork around that piece for now I guess. Technically it’s an exotic that gets benefit from super so you can glass-half-full it by saying you get your super faster?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
If you're willing to grapple into an enemy's face and punch them to death in high end PvE, getting rewarded with two orbs and a bit more super is a valid tradeoff. I don't agree with this change.

However 100% uptime woven mail from triple grenade kickstart hitting grapple points with Facade was probably a bit much. Same with infinite grapple flight.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shockeh posted:

Yes I got the new warlock gloves from them yesterday

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

so y'all know how titan shoulder charges don't OHKO in normal crucible anymore

moco is not normal crucible

i present to you the ultimate Fun Police loadout:

shoulder charge
storm grenades
fists of havoc
fighting lion

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

In the Tassi article he mentions that "Reaper and Firepower don't work" and that's just not true?

Tassi is not a journalist and can be safely ignored

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Firepower is definitely hosed right now. It'll say on the feed that you spawned an orb and the orb just won't appear. Reaper and Heavy Handed appear to be working just fine.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

MJeff posted:

Firepower is definitely hosed right now. It'll say on the feed that you spawned an orb and the orb just won't appear. Reaper and Heavy Handed appear to be working just fine.
Yup. As a guy who runs nothing but variants of Firepower grenade spam warlocks, lemme tell ya, this suuuuuuucks

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Tassi is not a journalist and can be safely ignored

I've never understood the Tassi hate in the community. he's just a guy who writes about the game. his word isn't gospel

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've never understood the Tassi hate in the community. he's just a guy who writes about the game. his word isn't gospel

every community needs enemies, for this thread its ~streamers~ and Tassi.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Kith posted:

so y'all know how titan shoulder charges don't OHKO in normal crucible anymore

moco is not normal crucible

i present to you the ultimate Fun Police loadout:

shoulder charge
storm grenades
fists of havoc
fighting lion

Disgusting. I'm very happy for you.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

uwaeve posted:

The exotic effect far outweighs the stats, just don’t masterwork around that piece for now I guess. Technically it’s an exotic that gets benefit from super so you can glass-half-full it by saying you get your super faster?

good points all around. I'm still building my repository of high point armor so I'm not close to masterworking anything atm

I've never used star eater scales before but I hear they're good for high damage. I'll give them a try and if I like them I'll try to farm better versions (I'm still waiting to get back my beloved gryfalcons :sigh:)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

:hai: I get it now

tassi has an infant at home and still plays like 10 hours a day + writes his articles. I don't know how he does it

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

He's a fine guy he just gets paid to do what we all in this thread do for free (post)

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Whoops! No Orbs!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Paul Tassi, if you read this thread please include the word "stairs" in one of your upcoming articles so we know you're a goon

and we'll mock you forever :evilbuddy:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oxyclean posted:

This thread's enemy is the concept of ever being slightly challenged.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MJeff posted:

This thread's enemy is the concept of ever being slightly challenged.

We play Destiny, we're all challenged.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 20, 2023

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think broadly he’s quite well-liked tbh, lots of citing his articles across all the different Destiny fan spaces.

I have beef with him for acting like playing the stupid Harry Potter game was an incredibly important and necessary act even though it was mid and immediately left public consciousness lol and he’s also just wrong about everything in Destiny that isn’t a matter of opinion—there was a very funny post once on a dev’s personal account that was an affectionate subtweet about how dumb one of his suggestions for a bug fix was, though I’m not sure I could find it again

but yeah I don’t think he’s a designated community enemy or anything, not like Darkside Royalty or Verlisify in Pokémon are

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Savathun once told him to touch grass. That was funny.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ya that rocked. I also like the pic where he finally gets the purple Halo sword or whatever and he’s in front of his computer going “YES!!!!” with his arms in the air gazing at the heavens

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

:hai: I get it now

tassi has an infant at home and still plays like 10 hours a day + writes his articles. I don't know how he does it

Lol I know many guys with young children who spend 10+ hours a day playing and posting about video genes. They just don’t get paid for it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Dude isn't a professional gamer, which sounds miserable, but a professional poster, and to that end sometimes says things that are bad and wrong, but then still gets paid.

So, uh, aspirations honestly. If y'all wanna send me a buck or two each for my posts I think that's fair.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wish I got paid for farting Destiny opinions to the masses. Don't hate the player.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Has Bungie posted anything about if vendor engrams are going to persist across seasons?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Windows 11 gets a security fix – but it has broken some PC games

quote:

As Windows Latest(opens in new tab) reports, after the latest update for Microsoft Defender – one that’s pushed automatically to the app – affected users are seeing a confusing warning that states: “Kernel-mode Hardware-enforced Stack Protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable.”

Kernel-mode what now? In a nutshell, this is a freshly updated Windows 11 security feature (which was introduced with 22H2) that uses the processor to give software or games additional security (protecting the memory stack, and preventing a would-be attacker from leveraging an opportunity to run malicious code).

The warning from the Windows Security app gives the user the opportunity to toggle stack protection back on, but the problem is that if this is done, it fails to work (in some instances, anyway) – and the warning persists.

The underlying issue is an apparent driver conflict, although it would seem that in many cases, it’s anti-cheat features that are throwing a serious spanner in the works with Windows 11.

It’s not just old titles like PSO2 that are hit by this problem, but newer games including Destiny 2 and Valorant which also employ anti-cheat systems that can be hooked deeply into the OS.

TLDR: Bungie has been too lazy to update BattlEye, and now it's broken with the latest version of Windows 10 and 11. :allears:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sunday at work posted:

Has Bungie posted anything about if vendor engrams are going to persist across seasons?

They never have, not sure why they would start now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Windows 11 gets a security fix – but it has broken some PC games

TLDR: Bungie has been too lazy to update BattlEye, and now it's broken with the latest version of Windows 10 and 11. :allears:

Windows 10 is not mentioned in that article at all.