Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

taiwanese style champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

i miss keven, miss manyak, miss dunc too many good posters gone

lmfao

20 years ago we had Johnny keven, Steve manyak and Bob duncan

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Guys I have some really awful news

Imgur is going to delete everything that was uploaded that wasn’t tied to a user account. Literally every thread in this forum, our entire goldmine, everything will be affected and nothing will make sense when you try and reread it. Try and back up and save what you can

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

GOD NO what the gently caress! No!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Imgur is going to delete everything that was uploaded that wasn’t tied to a user account. Literally every thread in this forum, our entire goldmine, everything will be affected and nothing will make sense when you try and reread it. Try and back up and save what you can

i think this should be a thing jeffrey should fix himself because its will literally destroy almost every thread since waffleimages lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
We also have less than a month to save everything we can. The biggest hurdle is knowing what goes where… the sims thread, df threads, 90% of my threads the AGDQ threads, hell the loving IZWF

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

i think this should be a thing jeffrey should fix himself because its will literally destroy almost every thread since waffleimages lol

Yeah sure, so let’s just sit around and do nothing and watch it all burn. Great idea lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah sure, so let’s just sit around and do nothing and watch it all burn. Great idea lol

id ask in the tech forum, but i dont want to be banned when astral starts talking about the copyrighted material that they will inevitably also host

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

remebering when i asked years ago that they make some sort of scraper that rehosts images when a thread is goldmined and the agreed response from all was that imgur will be around forever so its not worth the effort

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Someone made a script to go through every single thread and back stuff up when waffleimages went down. I’m sure something similar is possible this time. Bye.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Yeah go ahead and make the tech support thread, it’s pointless, they can’t even get a loving functioning front page in 3 years, and every improvement is “oh now you can file more reports, this was 6 months of work”

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Someone made a script to go through every single thread and back stuff up when waffleimages went down. I’m sure something similar is possible this time. Bye.

Yes but did it add them back into the threads? The Wormskull Madden thread is still hosed for example and literally every thread in IZ especially the goldmine will be hosed

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

id ask in the tech forum, but i dont want to be banned when astral starts talking about the copyrighted material that they will inevitably also host

Ah, simple fix - get Larry (the not-dead one) to post about it! :v: Since last time the copyright situation arose, he proved to be immune to the probes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i want to be optimistic and assume that means stuff that hasn't acquired a single view in X amount of time which means in theory most stuff should be fine but also this is the gayest poo poo imaginable regardless

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Yes but did it add them back into the threads?
Yes.

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

symbolic posted:

i want to be optimistic and assume that means stuff that hasn't acquired a single view in X amount of time which means in theory most stuff should be fine but also this is the gayest poo poo imaginable regardless

How does that work for forum posts?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yes but did it add them back into the threads? The Wormskull Madden thread is still hosed for example and literally every thread in IZ especially the goldmine will be hosed

it did actually, wormskulls madden thread is hosed because he used the firefox image host or whatever lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

How does that work for forum posts?

you viewed the image throguh your browser

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

either way someone should definitely make this a forums wide announcement and then some extremely gay neckbeard can then do all the hard work for us in backingup every image posted on these forums, thank you gay neckbeard

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

you viewed the image throguh your browser

Now you see what I deal with every week with the Twitch stream.

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I’m saying what about old IZ goldmine threads that get like no views except once a year anymore or whatever. Slowly but surely it’s all gonna get hosed without intervention just like photobucket and waffleimages

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Now you see what I deal with every week with the Twitch stream.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goon project: read every page of every thread in the imp zone goldmine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goon project: read every page of every thread in the imp zone goldmine

there may be old threads that people forgot to goldmine, we need to read every thread

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

there may be old threads that people forgot to goldmine, we need to read every thread

This.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

im doing my part

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

What's the exact date this place stopped being ddrd

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I’m saying what about old IZ goldmine threads that get like no views except once a year anymore or whatever. Slowly but surely it’s all gonna get hosed without intervention just like photobucket and waffleimages

yeah it's still a good idea to back up what people can in the inevitable event the CEO gets outed for being some sort of sex pest and nukes the entire website, but idk the wording just seems rlly specific if it was every old accountless image

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

What's the exact date this place stopped being ddrd

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629542&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

rename this forum to pretentious hipster imp zone

Hah, interesting! Never realised that IZ's full name is a parody/better version of PHIZ :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

who the hell are these people?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

quote:

Requested a permaban because people didn't cheer him on when he doxxed someone in an argument about loving gamergate, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of permabanning him, so if he re-regges someone just quote this ban reason so I can ban him again for being a dweeb.

----------------

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beloved DDRD regulars

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

beloved DDRD regulars

god it sucked, still cant believe imp zone rules so much after st synthy came along and drove the snakes out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ll just remember the good times instead of worrying about the pictures, OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That’s because I used Firefox screenshots which they shut down a year later.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

most of my imgurs are linked to an account.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

:chloe:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man ddrd was dogshit