Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Roundup Ready posted:

This, but sub the pepperoncini for jalapeno have been my go to for chain pizza for well over a decade.

It must suck living somewhere where you can't get giardinera on pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

more falafel please posted:

It must suck living somewhere where you can't get giardinera on pizza.
You can probably get giardia from pizza hut though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1648657792931168257

Some days you feel like a nut

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Poinsettia plants are super toxic, so I was immediately curious as to where this recipe was going.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Recipe becomes very different if you print it out and fold it into your copy of Natural Harvest for your kids to find when you die.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Zipperelli. posted:

Poinsettia plants are super toxic, so I was immediately curious as to where this recipe was going.
Though often stated to be highly toxic, the poinsettia is not dangerous[4] to pets or children. Exposure to the plant, even consumption, most often results in no effect,[5] though it can cause nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea[4] much like everything else posted in this thread.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Scarodactyl posted:

Though often stated to be highly toxic, the poinsettia is not dangerous[4] to pets or children. Exposure to the plant, even consumption, most often results in no effect,[5] though it can cause nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea[4] much like everything else posted in this thread.

Everything else posted in this thread cause those symptoms prior to consumption.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I want to try this

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

Some days you feel like a nut

Nixon’s last lunch at the White House, Aug 8, 1974.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The more I read about Nixon the more I'm growing to believe that he wasn't a man but a colony of hyper-intelligent vermin in a sophisticated skin suit.
Until now I guessed rats but rats would ask for something tastier.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Scarodactyl posted:

Have I really avoided having a poinsettia for over a decade for no reason? Goddamn it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

This is literally a David Letterman bit from the 90s where he talks about taking dried globs of toothpaste from the sink and serving them to guests as mints.

edit: also, this was in the awkward and gross thread but this thread might be interested in some real Pizza Rules

Ror has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Apr 20, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I would absolutely trust that man's thoughts on oversized 'za.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1648846840563920897?s=20

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

There are peppers and corn right on the label so I’m assuming that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I guess it's early yet, but I feel like you can't post something like that without a followup :ohdear:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There are peppers and corn right on the label so I’m assuming that

But it also says "serving suggestion"... what part of that is the suggestion? The additional elements besides the fish? Just, taking it out of the can so you can see it?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"What does Mexican food have?"
"Peppers"
:geno:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Nixon’s last lunch at the White House, Aug 8, 1974.

Video game environmental art scaling on that cutlery.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's beans, onions, red peppers, and corn.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

There are a ton of things wrong with this but where is a tube of toothpaste cheaper than a bag of mints?

In England, demand for toothpaste is extremely low, so the price is accordingly low.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

I had the 'Jerk Style' roast chicken from Aldi here in Australia and it was very generic sweet chili. 'California style' was just a non-chili spice rub.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Starkist has a whole lineup of these in the US in pouches. They're quite tasty for $1 each, and I found out that Buffalo Tuna is a thing and makes a great sandwich.

https://starkist.com/products/pouches/#anchor-890

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

And he piled upon the greasy slice, the sum of all the hunger and gluttony felt by his race. Had his belly been a cannon, he would have shot a pizza cutter upon it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This just came up on SAD, and will be a cross post in several threads of pyf. If you have items that are on imgur you want to keep, now would be a good time.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

A Perfect Twist posted:

I had the 'Jerk Style' roast chicken from Aldi here in Australia and it was very generic sweet chili. 'California style' was just a non-chili spice rub.

Here in actual California, "California style" usually means something is served with Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced avocado, and a thick smear of mayonnaise.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Nameless Pete posted:

Here in actual California, "California style" usually means something is served with Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced avocado, and a thick smear of mayonnaise.

To me that sounds more like a California roll you get from sushi places here which tracks.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Data Graham posted:

"What does Mexican food have?"
"Peppers"
:geno:

It is actually the maize that makes it truly Mexican, I think.

How to make an "ethnic meat stew" is the same everywhere:
Take some leftover local stew, or buy a can from aldi.
Add the ethnic signature veg/filler
Add the ethnic spice

Pretend it is authentic.
So, when I grew up the ingredients to authentic american chilli would be: Yesterday's goulash, Maze and red beans from a can, Chilli pepper pre-ground.

So, I assume that because maize+beans is seen as American ethnic food we now have maize+sweet peppers as Mexican.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I dreamt that I got a new job, and at the new workplace all the hand sanitizer dispensers were full of creamy garlic butter instead.

Not sure whether to be sad or relieved that this place only exists in my dreams.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A Perfect Twist posted:

To me that sounds more like a California roll you get from sushi places here which tracks.
The only ingredient a California roll has in common with that list is avocado :psyduck:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ror posted:

This is literally a David Letterman bit from the 90s where he talks about taking dried globs of toothpaste from the sink and serving them to guests as mints.

edit: also, this was in the awkward and gross thread but this thread might be interested in some real Pizza Rules

Happy birthday? In a restaurant that lies about the authenticity and nature of their giant pizza slices? Unlikely

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Ror posted:

Normally, I'd trust a man of his stature on pizza related matters, but he calls it a "pizza pie" which means his opinion is trash, even if he happens to be correct in this particular case.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mymla posted:

Normally, I'd trust a man of his stature on pizza related matters, but he calls it a "pizza pie" which means his opinion is trash, even if he happens to be correct in this particular case.

Uh, I’d be more concerned if he didn’t call if a pizza pie. That’s where you get slices from? The gently caress kinda pizza you eat?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

teen witch posted:

Uh, I’d be more concerned if he didn’t call if a pizza pie. That’s where you get slices from? The gently caress kinda pizza you eat?
Its just called pizza.

To normal people.

You know, humans.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Cage posted:

Its just called pizza.

To normal people.

You know, humans.

Not in places where the pizza is good.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
A pie requires a lid

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cage posted:

Its just called pizza.

To normal people.

You know, humans.

Pizza pie is a pie crust with a blended pizza as a filling. Meringue optional.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look, call it pizza pie if you want

to sound like you're from the fifties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Topologically pizza is indistinguishable from a bread bowl stew