Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Advertising works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Thanks I will. I will be sure to continue hating the Falcons while I do.

:glomp:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Advertising works.

I have bird feeders, but no squirrels ever visit them. After seeing this ad I really wish they did so I would have an excuse to buy this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do have tons of birds and squirrels, so I'm pretty tempted.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I thought the tried and true method was to just use spicy birdseed

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Not shown - 15 minutes later the squirrel has figured out how to hang upside down off the top of the feeder and grab feed out of the little hole

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Some decent news this morning.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1649054814821834757

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

New “this is your brain on drugs” add just dropped

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Space-X's new rocket exploded this morning

https://www.youtube.com/live/wsKyM1Raeu4?feature=share

Go to 35 minutes

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 20, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

Tesla bloodlines baybeeeee

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Glumslinger posted:

Elon’s going to post steal a meme changing “I frew up” to “I blew up”

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Vertical Lime posted:

it's been nearly 20 years and it's still skydome to me

also, the white sox ballpark is still new comiskey

That's right. I'm not even a White Sox fan, but it'll always be Comiskey. I think if the Cubs ever changed Wrigley Field they'd see an actual fan riot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Would you like forearms that make popeye proud? Thickly muscled and vascular like an Adeptus Astartes? Do your pull-ups with your knuckles facing the ceiling

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Go to 35 minutes

Why are all those loving dorks cheering?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Vertical Lime posted:

the great american ballpark is one corporate name that works

happy pot/hitler/columbine day

today being my birthday is more historically significant than any of those things :colbert:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Apparently imgur is about to nuke any picture hosted to their site that's not tied to an imgur account, so expect this forum to get littered with broken picture links.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Apparently imgur is about to nuke any picture hosted to their site that's not tied to an imgur account, so expect this forum to get littered with broken picture links.

lol rip

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Would you like forearms that make popeye proud? Thickly muscled and vascular like an Adeptus Astartes? Do your pull-ups with your knuckles facing the ceiling

Isn’t that how pull ups are normally?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i thought the normal method was to wrap your dick around the bar (gripping tightly with the balls for support) and pull up that way

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Glumslinger posted:

Go to 35 minutes

The crowd is the funny point but the comments arguing that this is a big win are also pretty fun. Sure it didn't do what it was supposed to do but it got in the air before very explosively dying. You know how hard that is to make happen? I've been flapping my arms since I was a kid and I've never taken off.

This rocket is basically Icarus and if you can't appreciate the romanticism and vision of Icarus I do not want to talk to you.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why are all those loving dorks cheering?

Successful test. All they were testing was if the rocket would leave the pad. The rocket failed to separate its second stage so SpaceX remote detonated and yay, mission accomplished banner.

I don't even want to imagine the level of money spent on essentially the largest bottle rocket ever.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Maybe, I grip with my palms for the most part. Putting my knuckles toward the ceiling turns it into a much stronger false grip

Nov 6, 2002

This is gonna be like when Digg self immolated.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Here in Portland the Veteran's Memorial Colosseum still somehow kept its name, tho it was overshadowed by the building of the Rose Garden Arena… which is now the Moda Center.

The stadium Portland Timbers & Thorns play is currently called Providence Park (formerly Jeld-Wen Field, PGE Park, Civic Stadium, and Multnomah Stadium/Field).

IIRC Fenway Park has weathered thru different ownerships & never had its name changed due to a holding company running the area itself.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Crypto Arena will always be the Staples Center to me. I have some friends embracing "The Crypt" but to me that sounds like where basketball goes to die. I can't have it. :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

This makes me sad. Oakland deserves better.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

the SA-specific problem is being worked out here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030290&perpage=40&noseen=1

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dodge Field hosting the Rams and Chargers, wtf is a Sofi?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Dodge Field hosting the Rams and Chargers, wtf is a Sofi?

the fu ck is a dodge field? SoFi has always been there. Since the beginning of time..........

Nov 6, 2002

gonna go in there and post "just have chatgpt figure it out".

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

the fu ck is a dodge field? SoFi has always been there. Since the beginning of time..........

the dodge ramcharger?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lumen will always be Qwest Field to me, T-Mobile Park is Safeco, and that crumbling piece of poo poo Kingdome the true Seattle stadium of my heart.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The commoditization of literally everything is maddening. Not everything has to “create value.” Like the FTX (lol) logo on umpire’s uniforms. Who is that even for? gently caress off.

Nov 6, 2002

BuzzFeed News is being shut down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

BuzzFeed News is being shut down.

From what I can tell Buzzfeed News got a bad rap and were actually pretty damned good at what they did.

The problem was the whole 'Buzzfeed' being in front of that news part considering the rest of the site. Also like every other news organization in the world they were just horribly managed into the gutter, so you know this was always where we end up.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Yeah Buzzfeed News has had legit reporting but then there's the rest of it all.

Meanwhile I'm cursing Kaiser because they didn't mail out my xanax script in time for my flights so I'm sitting in SeaTac and doing my best not panic before I even get on my flight.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

From what I can tell Buzzfeed News got a bad rap and were actually pretty damned good at what they did.

They had a shitload of money from clickbait and spent a lot of it on journalists. But they never intended that news unit to produce actual news, just better clickbait.

Their whole business model has been wrecked by adblock browser extensions, gently caress em.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Maybe, I grip with my palms for the most part. Putting my knuckles toward the ceiling turns it into a much stronger false grip

I wish I had the energy and determination and structural integrity to work out and get big slabs of striated muscle, like you my friend

I hurt my knee doing squats and my opposite calf doing running

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Went to the Astros game at Minute Maid last night. The new clock rules own and the pace of the game was great. Got to see a hell of an 8th inning -- both Astros getting out of no outs and bases loaded and then a 6 run inning. Went down because it was one of the replica championship ring nights and will likely catch another one over the summer and bring my son along.

I feel like rockets can and will fail and it's part of testing. Something feels off with how they were like, this is going to fail and blow up and preemptively positioning it as a win vs like, trying to make it work? IDK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I really should've taken today and tomorrow off. gently caress. I hate working on my birthday!!1