Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In addition to furthering mankind, SpaceX is also stimulating the local economy. The community can collect the blown up pieces of the SpaceX rockets and sell them to Musk’s insane idiot fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait to find out Elon tried to use gorilla glue on the hull

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
https://twitter.com/howiehandupme/status/1649047816390713346

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i’ve poo poo my pants, and the crowd is cheering. it’s a great data gathering opportunity. the geeks and data scientists will be all over my shitted pants, and they will generate valuable insights.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

quick reminder that the USA is a christian nation because no other country makes such lavish fireworks to honor the lord

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*SpaceX scientist watching rocket launch with clipboard. Circles “Rocket exploded”* This data is invaluable, wow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ardship of Cambry posted:

I actually think SpaceX is doing cool stuff around reusability, around ride-sharing for satellite payloads, etc. Gywnne Shotwell is actually smart, that's why she's COO and actually runs things and you've never heard of her.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there was a time when if a rocket failed, a man in a short-sleeved button up shirt and horn-rimmed glasses who speaks three words a year would be throwing a clipboard on the ground and everyone else in the control room would be terrified it was their fault

That's because the first rockets were built by slave labor in a giant mountain doom factory.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Many more o-rings than a government rocket

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Rudeboy Detective posted:

no other country makes such lavish fireworks to honor the loud
:420::imunfunny:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

pigz posted:

Starship launch was A+, its absolutely ready to be loaded up with billionaires.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Durf posted:

why is nobody signing up for my newsletter 'Old Man Complains'

foxnews kinda cornered that market

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

trucutru posted:

"a reminder this is a test flight... so there is always a chance something can go wrong" *Rocket explodes* (without missing a beat) "and that appears like the flight termination system has been activated"

Meanwhile: A bunch of morons hooting and clapping

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Elonious should get a Triumph for the incredibly successful rocket launch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that rocket certainly wasn't reusable.

Was 3 pages behind, saw the reminder that the start was to be in about 40 minutes, opened my news page, was greeted by big header image of exploding musk-shroom cloud, lolling ever since. What a day.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
gotta hand it to him that was a really funny 4/20 joke.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i wonder if it's a good idea to slap a shitload of engines onto a rocket with the strategy of "well some probably won't work, but some of them might!"

more moving parts and single points of failure is always good, right? trying 2 remember my rocketry coursework

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

SpaceX and Tesla FSD codebases finally merged with great success

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

explosion involved space launch

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like rockets that don't explode

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1649046864531165189?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes rockets are a new technology

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

jesus christ ian,
1) you didnt tag elon in your post
2) you only need to reply to elon himself not everything he is associated with, he wont see this

get it together man

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
how they gonna reuse rockets if they blow up?
anyone think of that?

full self blowing up rockets

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there was a time when if a rocket failed, a man in a short-sleeved button up shirt and horn-rimmed glasses who speaks three words a year would be throwing a clipboard on the ground and everyone else in the control room would be terrified it was their fault

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Dr. VooDoo posted:

*SpaceX scientist watching rocket launch with clipboard. Circles “Rocket exploded”* This data is invaluable, wow

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
the starship rocket failure will provide important data, which will prevent this from happening agai [tweet cut short as my tesla slams into a fire truck at 60mph]

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
my goodreads review of the Black Book of Communism:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Elon Musk Ftw.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1649061401808506880

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UFOTacoMan posted:

how they gonna reuse rockets if they blow up?
anyone think of that?

full self blowing up rockets

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
So I'm hearing that the rocket was supposed to explode. Checkmate, haters.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
It was honestly interesting how the rocket hung together for so long despite the wild trajectory at the conclusion. I would like to see a 3-d representation of the actual flight path.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
this would have been easy to not gently caress up for anyone that played even a little kerbal space program

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰😐😙☺️🤨🥰☺️🤨😍😇😑😍😇😐😍😊🤨🥰😚😐🤣😐🤣😇😑🤣😊😐🤪😜😆😉🤨😅😊😬🤣😊😐😍😊😐😍😙😑🥰🤩😶😂😶🤣😇😶😍😐😅😉🤨😄🤥🤩😇😌🤩🥰😑😍😄🤨😃🐈🦝🦛🦁🐱🐐🦁🐱🐈‍⬛🐱🦛🐈‍⬛🐎🦏🐱🐘🦧🐺🐘🐶🐆🐇🐴🐈🦏🐈‍⬛🐎🦏🐈‍⬛🐎🦛🦮🐱🦛

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Admiral Ray posted:

So I'm hearing that the rocket was supposed to explode. Checkmate, haters.

July 1969: landing on the Moon a huge achievement for mankind
April 2023: that the rocket even got an inch off the ground is a resounding success, praise be Elon

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yes, of course we just forgot to tell everyone it was scheduled to explode, as a way to ensure maximum confusion when it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1649046161381273600

The way Elon is graded on a curve is amazing.