Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I'm not gonna offer in the tech thread because it'd just be noise thrown in among people who are better equipped to handle mass data transfer than I am, but I do have an imgur account and no data caps so if there's anyone here who

1) Wants any sfw images saved that they worry aren't covered by Jeff and Astral's priority list and

2) are averse to making their own imgur account for whatever reason

Hit me up in a pm or whatever and I'll get you taken care of (within reason, unfortunately - I don't have the tools or the time to handle multiple photoshop phriday level threads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

fyi i know the story with that guide: they wanted to be the first official guide on the shelves since guide books for rpgs were decent business back in the day. but they didnt have any kind of official relationship with square that'd let them play a pre-release version of the game and write a guide based on that.

but ff6 had come out in japan well before it came out in the us.

so what they did was just import a bunch of the japanese strategy guides, not knowing any japanese, and just sort of guess what the guides were telling them and write that down.
that's so much lamer than if it was just a guide for final fantasy 3(JP) but advertised as a guide for final fantasy 3(US)

I really appreciate the info though, I had always wondered what was up with it and why it had so much stuff "wrong".

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

drat I knew this imgur poo poo was gonna happen eventually but I didn't think it would be this sudden or soon. gently caress them.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It would be cool if this kills them like it killed Tumblr

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It actually would not be cool because there are no replacements yet

I get the sentiment though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Psycho Landlord posted:

It actually would not be cool because there are no replacements yet

I get the sentiment though

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

It was forever ago and I dont have it anymore but probably

Edit:what if...what if it's a guide for the actual ff3, not 6, that'd explain why there was so much nonsense in it, wish I still had it so I could take some pictures

Edit: IT WAS THIS FUCKER: https://a.co/d/5CgNCfh

found one for 11 bucks so I guess I'll find out soon how hosed up it is

I have an interest in these tiny unauthorized guides and was doing some research on them like a month ago. The guide that got mentioned earlier in the thread could have said to go to a website for the most accurate info because the author either wrote a FAQ and this is the self published version they sell or someone copied and printed their FAQ and sold it.

Edit: also this being about Japanese III complicates it even more.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imp zone gamefaqs thread ftw

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Do impzone wrestling cards get posted to youtube?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

ilmucche posted:

Yes with some added audio, it's a couple weeks back from current due to how much work goes into upgrading the sound

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ilmucche posted:

yup! they were on hold for a while because American McGay was very busy putting together the Press Kit, but they've started getting uploaded again! he puts in entrance music and everything its insanely good

https://www.youtube.com/@IZWF

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
has jeff woken up yet? was in surgery and still groggy but but jfc, sorry radia

fritz the oval office wandering in to do one final trick was certainly something tho

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

the sex ghost posted:

Where is this thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Heck yeah I'm excited to watch some izwf

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

driftingmouse is still reregging and posting in the exact same immediately recognizable way and getting permabanned

TrapPlacement posted:

RIP Carol Locatell, actress in the Friday the 13th movie, Friday the 13th: A New Begining.

https://www.ew.com/celebrity/carol-locatell-dead-friday-the-13th-actress/

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

[This message has been deleted by a GameFAQs Moderator.]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

That DICK! posted:

driftingmouse is still reregging and posting in the exact same immediately recognizable way and getting permabanned

They either think they're being funny, or have some sort of mental disorder. Either way I don't want to give them attention in any form.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I will never reveal the identity of the person who ctrl-p'd a gamefaqs guide to San Andreas and got all kids banned from looking at gamefaqs in the school library and computer lab. But I know who it was

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

were well past 'its a bit' and far into 'this is almost certainly credit fraud' territory

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

the sex ghost posted:

I will never reveal the identity of the person who ctrl-p'd a gamefaqs guide to San Andreas and got all kids banned from looking at gamefaqs in the school library and computer lab. But I know who it was

So that’s why leon got demodded.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

Best part is when he misses kicks, then you get to call him Graham gaOHNO

the texans kickers last name is fairbairn so every time he misses a field goal or PAT i get to say "more like UNFAIRbairn"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

the sex ghost posted:

I did that with the FF3/6 walkthrough as a kid and my parents were pissed because I used a ton of paper and ink on our dot matrix printer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I did that with the FF3/6 walkthrough as a kid and my parents were pissed because I used a ton of paper and ink on our dot matrix printer

I did this for the FFX walkthrough when my mom took me to her job. No one was there but us so I printed the whole like 650 page document and brought it to school to show my friends lol.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

the sex ghost posted:

I did this with a link to the past walkthrough and my parents were like "hell yeah let's get you a binder for it all, here's a hole punch" because my parents are weirdly nice and my mom recognized that puzzle games like Zelda were good tools for developing critical thinking where even if I couldn't figure out a puzzle I figured out where and how to research a solution to it. Also the whole reading comprehension thing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol jeffrey getting arrested for crypto money laundering and he has to manage the forum from outside prison like a mob boss while sleeping in solitary

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Spanish Manlove posted:

They either think they're being funny, or have some sort of mental disorder. Either way I don't want to give them attention in any form.

You'd better not be a dead D-List celebrity, in that case.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

really queer Christmas posted:

I did this for the FFX walkthrough when my mom took me to her job. No one was there but us so I printed the whole like 650 page document and brought it to school to show my friends lol.

For me it was hundreds of pages of neopets item lists. I'd just look at the pics and read the names and imagine them I guess. Idk wtf was wrong with me.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Our internet was extremely slow so I'd load up like 10 pages off the runescape wiki overnight and print them off before school. I ran through all our color ink because the background was a dark green and I was just taking pictures of the pages.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We'd already moved on to laser printing by that time but it was a first-generation desktop thing that only did like one page at a time so it sucked bigly

my friend two doors down was nice enough to print out a dodgy breath of fire walkthrough when I couldn't quite figure out how to get the Root to make the amnesia cure at the end of the game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
My dad once decided to requisition his office's big photocopier-sized laser printer for, you know, just a few minutes, since it's quiet today after all, and came home that day with two full, thick ring binders full of Final Fantasy 7 guides.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I was one of the first kids at school to get the internet, so after school I'd get on the dial up and scribble down as many cheat codes as I could to distribute to the other kids. Gamewinners ftw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Danaru posted:

I was one of the first kids at school to get the internet, so after school I'd get on the dial up and scribble down as many cheat codes as I could to distribute to the other kids. Gamewinners ftw

Hero

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

[This message has been deleted by a GameFAQs Moderator.]

Aw, Gris

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

your gonna get modded youre supposed to censor like gr*s !!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Danaru posted:

gently caress yeah

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Danaru posted:

my friend and i would do this with mortal kombat 2 fatalities lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Before we had a modem at home, one of my first second-hand interactions with the internet was asking my brother to download a walkthrough of Kyrandia at his mate's dad's work. And then the walkthrough was very wrong in a bunch of places, lol. That's how I learned never to trust the internet about even the most trivial things.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the amateur era of walkthroughs and that makes me wish we still had the rumours about how to bring back Leo and Aeris for modern games though

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I still have a binder with a gamefaqs guide to FF7 along with a lot of tripod pages with FF7 rumours and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

People would print all kinds of poo poo when I worked in the main computer lab in undergrad, because they didn't charge per page back then.

The most memorable one was when I was refilling a printer that had just run out and I realized it had been printing the entire script for Gladiator, except it was in notepad and like quintuple spaced, so there were maybe ten lines per page.