Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Plus it could just be a marketing schtick.

'Well our meat is K Corp-free, but we can't say anything about our competitors.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
On the one hand I am a little disappointed in the actual coin values on the new Gregor's attacks, although he's clearly much more about the effects so that helps salve the wound.

On the other hand RB Ryoshu is absolutely OFF THE loving WALL insane. I Can Cook Anything is regularly hitting high triple digits on an *unlevelled* ID: I fully uptied her and forgot to level her at all, and she's still spent the first 2/3rds of the event just blowing everything apart instantly.

And on my third mutated meat-harvesting K Corp hand I am really pleased with the value proposition on Sinclair's Stew: The healing is a little low when it head flips but the damage is extremely respectable so far despite showing a pretty low number: Between being multi-target TETH and having a good Sin-Type combo it has reliably done appropriate damage for a TETH AoE. And I'm not sure if it's the skill's own SP cost or all the Bongy SP drain but the tails flip has been extremely reliable.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Is anyone having an issue on mobile where dialogue hangs up for a while at the start? It happened on both the event and an uptie story.

Also wow, the event enemies are actually... threatening? Between the high values on heads and constant sanity attacks (and the buffs if elites live long enough) they can gently caress you up if not careful even with endgame teams from what I've experience.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The constant sanity drain definitely seems like a reaction to how max sanity makes the whole coins rolling mechanics a joke after the changes.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I hope we get more mechanics that allow you to spend your Sanity outside of EGO so full sanity feels like a reward rather than an inevitability (at least, outside of fights where enemies spam white damage like this event). Something like bringing back discard but having it cost sanity (or give you sanity if you discard your skill 3) would be really cool.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Some of the event specific ego gifts are nutty. The chicken breast one is +5 rupture count on all rupture effects which is DISGUSTINGLY strong with the right builds.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why is this toad's hide apparently made out of solid adamantium

zayin my rear end

Tellaris posted:

Some of the event specific ego gifts are nutty. The chicken breast one is +5 rupture count on all rupture effects which is DISGUSTINGLY strong with the right builds.

the one that does horrible things to bleeding enemies is pretty funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the chickens are annoying but fairly fragile, aoe spam feels like the best way of dealing with them

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finished the main event story. I never read Distorsion Detective, but are Distorions reversed there too? Also we might be dealing with the K Corp Food division again then on Ch 4.

I couldn't bring supports into the dungeon... so it might be better to do normal stages for me then? Cause Sinclair and Don's non 000 identities are meh save for Base Sinclair, Chef Gregor seems worse than G Corp and I'd have to spark Ryoshu, while on normal stages I could get full bonus with support.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 20, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now that I'm actually adding people, my code is O634410682 (that's an O at the start... that's not confusing or anything). Maxed out Warp Don and Seven Outis.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 20, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

If we're adding people mine's T330564936. Just uh don't expect much help from my jank-rear end budget team

i'm real mad that "by grobthar's hammer, what a savings" isn't a profile option

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.
T308668479 Got a good handful of t3 30's I wouldn't mind sharin' with folk less lucky at the pulls.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

in the dungeon now, and almost feel bad for the chickens
white gossypium starter gift, mixed N-corp with the Chefs (and Sinclair for bonus points), and the poor birds are just getting swamped in bleed.
damage not quite as bonkers as one of the pre-dungeon fights (pretty sure I saw Chef Ryoshu break 1000% multiplier at one point) but its been pretty drat good nevertheless

e: think there's also a new combat music for a few fights, which is appreciated

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 20, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat, the 10th stage boss isn't really autoable haha. Pretty dangerous.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If it's friend codes, Z682117375, you'll know you have it if it's Kurokumo HL on the cover.

I've got basically everything you might need for support stuff, from 40% bonus Ryoshu/Sinclair to Buncliff, to TeleWarp Don.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

N324370361 for anyone who doesn't have me yet - event Ryoshu and Sinclair lifetime stew ready to go although I haven't finished uptying Ryoshu yet.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
If we're doing another wave of code sharing, mine's K706814486 (profile pic should be pink shoes Hong Lu) - whiffed on the event gacha so far but I've got a lot of the other goodstuff set up for supports and I'll take another quick pass later to make sure I have the more recent pickups swapped in

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
L441869534

Got some good things there (Chef Ryoshu, Sinclair with Stew, RHeath, TeleDon, etc.)

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 20, 2023

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
It's me, the giant whale. Have everything but the new Ryoshu cook identity.

Put sinclair with his Lifetime Stew Ego on.

B307667380

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drat, the 10th stage boss isn't really autoable haha. Pretty dangerous.

Not very pleased by this myself. The dungeon itself is about as autoable as the MD but yeah the final encounter can run away from you if you are just pushing the auto key.

I wouldn't mind it if it was a piece of content that we were expected to run a handful of times but... We gotta run it quite a bit if we care about the plushies, no?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

mild bug to be aware of: Apparently starting with an ego gift (at least hellterfly dream, in the new dungeon) doesn't block the event?
figured it was 50-50 on whether it would give a second hellterfly dream or not. (it did not. The sinners didn't get burned either though, so :shrug:)

Also: if your sinners are fast and a dancing chicken is encountered, consider politely not mentioning the sauce.
Or do.
So far every special ego gift has been very good, if not always build relevant.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arcanuse posted:

mild bug to be aware of: Apparently starting with an ego gift (at least hellterfly dream, in the new dungeon) doesn't block the event?
figured it was 50-50 on whether it would give a second hellterfly dream or not. (it did not. The sinners didn't get burned either though, so :shrug:)

Also: if your sinners are fast and a dancing chicken is encountered, consider politely not mentioning the sauce.
Or do.
So far every special ego gift has been very good, if not always build relevant.

Mentioning gives a very good bleed gift, but the coin check required a perfect run with N-Corp Faust who even has the correct affinity. Seems a little too dangerous considering the "don't mention" gift is just as good, more generally applicable and doesn't have a chance to possibly mess you up. I don't know how bad failing that check is and I've no intention to find out.

The other event at least has a simple correct answer: Chicken is chicken.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I assumed that the K-corp superchicken was a reference to the KFC urban legend about them not being able to legally call themselves Kentucky Fried Chicken anymore because they don't sell "chicken"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LostRook posted:

Mentioning gives a very good bleed gift, but the coin check required a perfect run with N-Corp Faust who even has the correct affinity. Seems a little too dangerous considering the "don't mention" gift is just as good, more generally applicable and doesn't have a chance to possibly mess you up. I don't know how bad failing that check is and I've no intention to find out.

The other event at least has a simple correct answer: Chicken is chicken.

I do feel dirty having to choose that, breasts are way better than thighs or wings.

Also I read somewhere Project Moon delayed the anti-cheat for a week to let people prepare themselves? Haven't seen any notice about it tho.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Failing the check is just “nothing happens,” but Tango Marinade is so choice that it’s a huge waste to pick anything else there.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/myosayyem/status/1649059533552226304

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
ishmael has proven herself a coward who would desert a dying man

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I do like how seemingly every sinner in the story gets at least one little funny or cool moment in this event.

It was a nice little event, big grind barriers aside.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 20, 2023

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
By the way, the reference probably sailed over most non-Koreans' heads but the boss's backstory (and the words in the final event banner) is a reference to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HbsJiXbCro

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

I liked the little comment the guy makes about how the sinners jump into battle with no cares about their downed companions, even sometimes laughing at them.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Honestly, the trope is universal enough that it worked anyway. And I did laugh at "wait, those were pizza coupons, she just didn't like chicken".

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

An interesting detail is Outis being the only one to cook with some love really adds to the theory Outis is actually really caring of her subordinates (her 7 Director ID and I think Blade Lineage too? Which fits if you believe she was in command of a troop that got erradicated due to a "Polyphemus" and that's why Outis is named after that pseudonym of Odysseus.

Also tried the spicy dungeon and... the boss was fine? Not autoable but still easy, just kill as many adds as you can, break the bucket and then he gets Fragile and dies quickly, just make sure to use EGO when the rolls arent in your favor.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lt. Lizard posted:

He is french and the subject matter is cooking.

Quand tu mange, tu fais attention à ne pas manger de la merde. C'est pas compliqué bordel!

Anyway, with the new event, I'm not sure going to be able to do all the story + get enough energy to get the reward of Line 1.

Ariamaki posted:

Speaking of which, I really do not understand why this seems to be a trend with Japanese and Korean developers who, in response to individual small-scale bad actors in their system (see: the MD Macro Motherfuckers), don't just penalize or remove items from individual accounts (to say nothing of banning players) and instead tend to immediately leap to huge blanket game-wide crackdowns. I can understand why some Korean devs would be leery of using bans as punishment given that some games in the region use and require a government-issued ID number for login, but account-level actions are the easiest and best solution for situations like this, especially in a live online-only game where all functional account data is stored on your servers. Is there a cultural touchstone event I am missing that leads to this huge difference? Most of the live games I play or have played were either YEARS ago or are Western productions with more proactive and consistent individual action.

What happened with the Macro? I know that people commented on it on steam but since I'm not a big fan of social media, I didn't get any info beside that.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 21, 2023

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Do you have to use the event bonus egos/ids in the dungeon to get the bonus currency or is just owning them and having them set to party 1 or w/e fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gotta bring them in.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do Seven Outis's "deal extra damage when hitting a weakness" thing count Stagger-based weaknesses? And is it just Slash/Blunt/Pierce or does it also count Sin-weaknesses?

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.

Netzach floor user moment, but just happy to cross the finish line while the tape was still there.

Event was quite good, I liked the balance in the hard dungeon, where auto'ing through the lead up works just fine, with rewards for planning route, and the boss requires actually reading and clashing appropriately.
It felt in a really nice mix and not too tough, as a deckbuilding scrub in Ruina, barely keeping up with the LP.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I love this game. The gamble of getting a bunch of Identities, the thrill of utterly destroying your adversary with a team that work well... It's too much. This game came into my life and has pressed all of my button. I can't handle this level of dopamine...

Edit: Dante is too loving sexy for this world. I can't handle the noise he make.

Edit2: I retract my earlier statement. This man is dumb as a clock.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 21, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Found a bug: the final part of Sinclair's Lifetime Stew E.G.O. ignores volume settings and plays the sound even if you've otherwise muted the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Found a bug: the final part of Sinclair's Lifetime Stew E.G.O. ignores volume settings and plays the sound even if you've otherwise muted the game.

I have also been running into some weird audio bugs recently, where idle dialogue from Sinners on the main menu would play even if you've muted the Master volume, as would the clicky sounds of mousing over menu buttons. Muting their individual channels still works but it's called Master volume for a reason. :v: