Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

So he wouldn't be mad or try to cancel me for saying "free Palestine" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Dominion Wrists its Case

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

Horsey posted:

Washington has the biggest ferry fleet in the country for a very good reason. Puget Sound cuts the western side of the state in half and its waters are studded with a string of gorgeous islands that can be reached only by boat.

In other words, our ferries are not just tourist attractions, they are links in the transportation system as vital as any urban freeway or farm-to-market road. Yet, despite their necessity, state politicians habitually treat them with neglect until things get so bad that they rush to apply a tardy fix that fails to resolve the ferry system’s perennial crisis.

The Bremerton-to-Seattle ferry ran aground a few days ago when the boat lost power. It was just another reminder that most of the ferry fleet is old and in constant need of repair. It was also a reminder that, big as the state fleet may be, it is not big enough. When a ferry has to be taken out of service, there often is no replacement available to fill in.

Even when there are enough boats to cover all the runs, there are frequently not enough crew members to staff all the boats. As a result, runs get cancelled. If a person wants to get from Bremerton to Seattle and ferry service is disrupted, drivers can always take the long drive down to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and eventually get where they want to go. When ferries break down or crew fails to show up in the San Juans Islands, though, people are simply stranded.

The Legislature has finally provided $1.5 billion to build replacement boats, but the money and the construction of new ferries will be spread over 16 years. That means, for the next several years, we can expect more of our half-century-old ferries to break down more often, more boats running behind schedule and more people delayed and frustrated, if not stuck without a way to get to or from home.

It did not have to be this way, but generations of state officials never cared enough to be good captains of our fleet.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Republicans, famous for... never blaming anyone for crime.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

This slaps

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vib Rib posted:

Republicans, famous for... never blaming anyone for crime.
But it's the Democrats' fault!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
When you point the finger at somebody, you're also pointing four guns back at yourself.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Kellies Nomination: Most Inscrutable

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hmm good point maybe the government should help make EVs affordable for everyone???

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Who needs Ant-Police when we have Ant-Man?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Britt looks weirdly higher definition than normal. Did he switch to digital for the sharpest of green teeth?

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.
I keep thinking Bok can't sink any lower, but somehow he always finds a way to get worse.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Cops secretly in league with the ants. It's the Rampart scandal all over again.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nameless Pete posted:

Cops secretly in league with the ants. It's the Rampart scandal all over again.

Someone better warn Ian Miles Cheong :anttony:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Sometimes I think we might be overanalyzing the output of these people who can't spell four letter words.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah I'mma just

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (Transphobia)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Probably worth bringing up in this thread

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

As an amusing demonstration of perspective, it's this cartoon and ones like it that make me want the human race to end

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
So I only occasionally feel the need to comment on some of these (og politoon thread reader) but is the criteria to be posted itt still that it's published somewhere for money. Struggling to imagine a newspaper or website that's ostensibly neutral running that and being fine. Like that's just transphobia and the comment is 'i would sooner all life on earth be wiped out than acknowledge a trans person'

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What pisses me off most is they don't even wait for "something to happen" so the news gives them a fig leaf for their bigotry; they literally wake up and cackle to themselves while they draw hate cartoons. There's so much demonstrably sick and wrong and corrupt in the world but they're busily whipping up hatred against people just trying to relieve themselves while existing in a false gender dichotomy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Hmm yes it’s the US spending money that’s making the rest of the world drop the dollar as a safe currency and not, say, one specific political party in our country constantly threatening and attempting to cause the entire federal government to default and make the dollar worthless every loving year

*climbing over the corpses of tumblr, photobucket, imageshack etc* Surely I’ll be the one to do this and be fine!

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 20, 2023

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

is the criteria to be posted itt still that it's published somewhere for money.

No, you can't assume something posted here has been published.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Steve Kelley in particular though is a syndicated cartoonist in multiple papers, and even has a funny pages comic where he whines about millennials being lazy morons.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

qne

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If you have cartoons/edits you wish to preserve* from older threads, send them to me and I can upload them to the old archive site.

*until Tumblr dies, anyways

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Steve Kelley in particular though is a syndicated cartoonist in multiple papers, and even has a funny pages comic where he whines about millennials being lazy morons.

Yeah definitely more likely if it's one of his than if it's say a Chris Muir original, but I think even syndicated cartoonists don't necessarily get every toon published.

So if you see something horrible you can always tell yourself "well it might not be in any newspapers anywhere"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I have a low enough opinion of the press that I can definitely believe somewhere running that, even if just a more local paper. at least as long as there are still newspapers left that have the money to pay for cartoons (which... I assume still happens... to some extent). if you have never met a trans person or thought of them as human people (e.g. the kind of person who runs a newspaper) you might even find that just a silly cartoon about people these days

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

So I only occasionally feel the need to comment on some of these (og politoon thread reader) but is the criteria to be posted itt still that it's published somewhere for money. Struggling to imagine a newspaper or website that's ostensibly neutral running that and being fine. Like that's just transphobia and the comment is 'i would sooner all life on earth be wiped out than acknowledge a trans person'

The problem is that in modern print media, a lot of this stuff is published in the hopes of money. Stiglich used to draw racism and transphobia for the Philadelphia Inquirer, and Gary Varvel used to be employed bythe Indianapolis Star, but now it’s all for “creators.com” where they publish work and hope that the papers will buy it.

As VitalSigns said, plenty of stuff has been posted in this thread that was clearly never published in any real paper, but because it fit the political cartoon form and was deemed as really good (Deep Hurting’s stuff, Kelly knock-offs, and people posting their great artwork on Twitter), because it was hilariously grotesque or awful (Barry), or because it was horrifically evil (Stonetoss for a while, Sinfest now)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
well, poo poo. there possibly goes the kellies the years i ran them

not to mention just this thread in general for the last decade or so

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

World Famous W posted:

well, poo poo. there possibly goes the kellies the years i ran them

not to mention just this thread in general for the last decade or so

Finally we are free

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Finally we are free

Just means we'll have plenty of free terabytes to rebuild with.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

the sex ghost posted:

Steve Kelley is nationally syndicated by Creators.
https://www.creators.com/features/steve-kelley

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Tory fears of the nanny state – Fears of ‘nanny statism’ have led to a failure by every UK government of the last 30 years to tackle the obesity crisis, a report claims, as it emerged that the condition now costs the NHS £6.5bn a year"

Telegraph:

Supermarkets accused of failing to rein in soaring food prices

Matt:

Independent:

Dominion wins $787m from Fox News as election lies lawsuit settled: ‘Lies have consequences’

Times:

Coronation quiche: recipe revealed for King’s signature dish

Evening Standard:

Ministers will trash UK rule of law if they ignore European court, says former Lord Chief Justice; Rare total solar eclipse plunges Australian town into darkness

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
even on a basic level "the bearded lady" has been a circus staple for decades and is just how biology works. it's not even a trans joke at some point it's "eek people are different!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

even on a basic level "the bearded lady" has been a circus staple for decades and is just how biology works. it's not even a trans joke at some point it's "eek people are different!"

You aren't supposed to remember the bearded lady, you're supposed to think "A man in a dress? Obviously a freaky degenerate pervert who wants to molest my 8-year old daughter."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

the_steve posted:

You aren't supposed to remember the bearded lady, you're supposed to think "A man in a dress? Obviously a freaky degenerate pervert who wants to molest my 8-year old daughter."

But she's not even looking at the kid! She's just walking into the washroom, and that's apparently enough to justify wishing death on humanity.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Randalor posted:

But she's not even looking at the kid! She's just walking into the washroom, and that's apparently enough to justify wishing death on humanity.

A woman is existing in a public space while looking slightly different from the established appearance dictated by gender norms, this is apparently enough to wish for the end of the world as we know it (but I feel fine).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

1 posted:

I keep thinking Bok can't sink any lower, but somehow he always finds a way to get worse.

I realize it's besides the point but those none of those individuals have a swimmer's physique. Also the fixation on the bulge is getting out of hand.

China Daily

US inflation by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Maarten Wolterink from the Netherlands

Fox news paye (cher) le prix de la désinformation/Fox News (dearly) pays the price for fake news by Stellina from Taiwan

Charlie Hebdo

Cowardice and intellectual laziness=the two allies of Islamism
"We'll give up nothing as long as we piss ourselves."
Accompanies a piece lauding an individual standing up against Muslims.

Macrons reaches out to the French
"We're at war!"

Presse Citron

Lack of School Transportation
School finally teaches you a job

Urban rodeo: The thugs that gently caress poo poo up