Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Reddit is designed to make it easy to astroturf posts to the top because it's a psy op, simple as that

A kid here got shot in the back by a cop and a hundred accounts showed up on the local reddit to say he was no angel and deserved it, all of those accounts were deleted six months later

Reddit is just noise. That's all it is. Just static harnessed into a weaponized form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this lady might want to get her hyperthyroidism diagnosed

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s this. The way Reddit is setup is so infuriating. It’s impossible to follow the comments section with its asinine layout.

It's the point. Wrong-think can be downvoted into obscurity while right-think gets upvoted to be most prominent. It's why r/worldnews is always lock step in agreement with US interests. Worldnews being in the top 10 subs and where a lot of young people go for their only source of news. And you don't need so many agents astroturfing because users will happily do that for you once they realise they get upvoted for repeating the correct viewpoints. It becomes a self-regulating system.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

plus you can’t say poo poo like “I want tucker carlson to die right now” so gently caress that place

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I took a minivan full of 11yr olds to see it and they were exactly the target audience. We has a blast but also us and every other group in the theatre was chattering and whooping and hollering and booing bowser. I hadn't been to a movie in like 5 years so idk if that's normal or not but seemed like everyone was getting their $10 matinee's worth. The kids all immediately declared it their favorite movie of all time and spent hours afterwards one upping each other with easter eggs they noticed.

Definitely not a cinematic masterpiece tho.

This was my takeaway. We had the theater to ourselves until 2 minutes before the show started when a group of 6 people with 4 kids sat directly behind us. Why did they choose to sit directly behind us when the entire theater was empty otherwise? No clue. My wife and I moved down a few rows and the movie was quite fun. :v:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

spacex is epic

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Marenghi posted:

It's the point. Wrong-think can be downvoted into obscurity while right-think gets upvoted to be most prominent. It's why r/worldnews is always lock step in agreement with US interests. Worldnews being in the top 10 subs and where a lot of young people go for their only source of news. And you don't need so many agents astroturfing because users will happily do that for you once they realise they get upvoted for repeating the correct viewpoints. It becomes a self-regulating system.

:haibrow:

Somehow, the exception to this is Israel. Not even Reddit can prop up their war crimes effectively anymore.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

i am harry posted:

plus you can’t say poo poo like “I want tucker carlson to die right now” so gently caress that place

Threa title

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Go lay down Hoots.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Says increasingly nervous hegemony

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Time to pay boomer. *chuckles in tech support*
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1649083134468603905?t=Fmn6BLOzWyzZWUBC6CPfQw&s=19

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The best way to convince me that the currency is strong is to have a tiktok lady shout at me about it while making Harry Potter references. Very encouraging and reassuring.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
you aren't the audience buddy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah we know its you op

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

Can you out this in Facebook meme format?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

yeah but why are we trying to convince preteens that the USD isn't going anywhere

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

The best way to convince me that the currency is strong is to have a tiktok lady shout at me about it while making Harry Potter references. Very encouraging and reassuring.

we have old white guys talking about how strong the economy is on the news all the time, what else do you want????

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

The person I know who was laid off was relocated here for her job at meta just about a year ago. Real nice

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

oh hell yeah

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

numBer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ok do NOT ban TikTok

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Threat title (actionable)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

why are the stripes on the flag all hosed up?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

thats the lore accurate one

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Dedollarization is going to be so cool for so many people

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thread title

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you aren't the target audience for this flag buddy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

you aren't the target audience for this flag buddy

thats the us's banana republic flag

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1649085778314641412

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Paradoxish posted:

any discussion system specifically designed to give people reward dopamine hits for "good" posting is doomed to become a total cesspool

:emptyquote:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thread titl3

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Went to lunch at this local sub place today and had my order taken by a 10 year old.

Guess I need to start getting used to that.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Wolff Responds: Biden’s Big Spending Bills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebH9OZlf_g

worth a watch another good dick wolff clip

its only around 7 minutes

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Apr 20, 2023

selec
Sep 6, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

Went to lunch at this local sub place today and had my order taken by a 10 year old.

just throw a used action figure from goodwill into the tip jar

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

is pepsi ok posted:

Yet another thing to hypernormalize.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

Lol

"What can you do?" *shrugs*

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

this is what they have taken from us

the current bbg boards are flimsy pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

ive been assured this is totally normal and happens all the time op its all news media hype