Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Rochallor posted:

Glad to see he's getting work, Legion was a masterpiece.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Dan Stevens could have had a career being just Mchandsome Whiteface but decided to be an indie darling

Tars Tarkas posted:

More Godzilla and King Kong, who are also both nude

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

KxG2
stars Dan Stevens, Fala Chen, and Rachel House

Hanging Kong

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Can't wait for the completion of the trilogy:

vs

x

/

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Dan Stevens could have had a career being just Mchandsome Whiteface but decided to be an indie darling

I'm Your Man is very good.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

A Walk Among the Tombstones was the first thing I saw Dan Stevens in after his tenure in Dowton Abbey, it was quite some whiplash.

Then he got buff for The Guest and my fate as a Steve-head was sealed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Godzilla x Kong should be a guest sequel

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
This Ain’t Godzilla XXX Kong

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's crazy that Dan Steven's chose to be in a couple of episodes of a Hulu series like Welcome to Chippendales but it makes sense because he has some hilarious lines in it which I think is enough for him to sign onto something.

E: same thing with the HBO anthology High Maintenance

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Grendels Dad posted:

Can't wait for the completion of the trilogy:

vs

x

/

It'll be Godzilla ^ Kong.

I'm bummed that these movies are dull and bad outside of the kaiju fights, though. I'm not asking for much, but what they offer is still disappointing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

It'll be Godzilla ^ Kong.

I'm bummed that these movies are dull and bad outside of the kaiju fights, though. I'm not asking for much, but what they offer is still disappointing.

I know that boring humans and their boring plot are kind of a staple of the Godzilla franchise, but yeah. If you get Charles Dance to be a bad guy in your movie and I don't remember a single loving line he said, you done hosed up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He says basically the title of the dang movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Godzilla + Kong, star-crossed romance.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

GrandpaPants posted:

Godzilla ^ Kong.

Is that pronounced "Godzilla Raised To The Power Of Kong"? That's be kinda sick actually.

Im waiting for Godzillá

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Godzilla + Kong, star-crossed romance.

Two islands

Both alike in gigantity

In fair Skull Island/Japan

Where we lay our scene

From ancient grudge

Break to new monster's bowl

Where kaiju blood

Makes kaiju hands unclean

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Godzilla vs Gojira (the band, not the Japanese name of Godzilla)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Grendels Dad posted:

I know that boring humans and their boring plot are kind of a staple of the Godzilla franchise, but yeah. If you get Charles Dance to be a bad guy in your movie and I don't remember a single loving line he said, you done hosed up.

Yeah. I love, love, love the Kaiju poo poo but the human stuff just doesn't land. Serizawa was the only grounded character but he wasn't in there much and he ain't around anymore.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Grendels Dad posted:

They chickened out by not having the other lead's monster communication box not just be a box with the twins in it.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Jenny Slate is exec producing and starring in a movie about a haunted app called Mindful

quote:

In Mindful, when her husband shockingly dies while meditating on the Mindful app, Angela (Slate), deeply suspicious of the new wellness craze, uncovers supernatural forces that have fused with the technology. As the app’s popularity spreads like wildfire, she is forced to confront her own demons and dive into a terrifying ‘out of body’ experience in order to save the ones she loves.

Perry Blackshear (They Look Like People) will direct from a script by Emmy, Golden Globe and Writers Guild award winner Les Bohem, who wrote — and exec-produced with Steven Spielberg — SyFi Channel miniseries Taken. Tracey Nyberg (You’re Place Or Mine) will produce, with Aggregate Films executive-producing.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/jenny-slate-venom-everything-everywhere-horror-movie-mindful-app-1235330588/

lol that it's called Mindful as that's one of the current in buzzwords for new age stuff at the moment, I'm sure people will be mad

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That's literally the name of a UCLA app, at the least. That name seems like it's risking some fires.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm listening to Bone Machine and it occurs to me somebody should make an anthology show based on his songs. Or at least "murder in the red barn"

"I was in his barn last night. His axe was covered in blood!"
"Nothin' odd about that. There's always some killin' you got to do around the farm"

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jenny Slate is exec producing and starring in a movie about a haunted app called Mindful

https://deadline.com/2023/04/jenny-slate-venom-everything-everywhere-horror-movie-mindful-app-1235330588/

lol that it's called Mindful as that's one of the current in buzzwords for new age stuff at the moment, I'm sure people will be mad

Tagline should be "Positive Toxicity"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

precision posted:

I'm listening to Bone Machine and it occurs to me somebody should make an anthology show based on his songs. Or at least "murder in the red barn"

"Nothin' odd about that. There's always some killin' you got to do around the farm"

Worth pointing out that the person you're talking about is Tom Waits.

But yes, "what's he building in there?" could be a good David Fincher miniseries

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Godzilla vs Kong trailer had me so hyped from when the hip hop music starts and Godzilla gets on the aircraft carrier and Kong punches him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7kcGW-rNuA

I do like the Monsterverse but the best movies are still Kong and Godzilla 2014. I am glad there’s more tho.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tars Tarkas posted:

This sounds like it would be much better served as some kind of comedy/satire than a straight horror film

Which it should considering that she is mostly a comedic actress

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tars Tarkas posted:

quote:

Steven Spielberg — SyFi Channel miniseries Taken

lol

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

This sounds like it would be much better served as some kind of comedy/satire than a straight horror film

Which it should considering that she is mostly a comedic actress

I don't know, comedy and horror are pretty closely related - both have to do with tension & release, the juxtaposition of the normal and the abnormal, and are more directly trying to trigger an involuntary emotional response in the audience than other genres. There's been quite a few comedians going into horror lately, and it seems to work out better than just doing straight drama.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

He doesn't monologue at all. A twist villain does. Over a zoom call. It's one of the stupidest things I've seen in a big budget film. That was not a good one. G vs K, Skull Island and the 2014 Godzilla were all good though, in very different ways.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I disagree it kicks rear end actually

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I loved G14, hated KotM, and was lukewarm on K:SI. Never saw GvK because I didn't like the trajectory they were taking.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i liked the roughly 20 minutes of monster stuff total from Godzilla '14 and King of the Monsters

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
G14 was fine the 1st time around but I haven't been able to sit through it again without getting bored. KotM was a mess but I had a good time. Godzilla vs. Kong was dope but had a lot of distractingly hokey vfx shots.

What I'm saying is Shin Godzilla is best Godzilla and it's not even close.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nightmare Cinema posted:

What I'm saying is Shin Godzilla is best Godzilla and it's not even close.

best of the 21st century, anyway

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

best of the 21st century, anyway

:agreed:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I liked G14, K:SI and GvK. KOTM is a big step down. None hold a candle the Shin Godzilla, or the masterwork that is Pacific Rim.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I actually liked the human drama in Godzilla '14, but the stuff in KotM didn't land for me at all. Nothing felt earned and everybody was either dumb or an irredeemable rear end in a top hat, even though they were supposed to be part of family drama. A common complaint about Godzilla '14 is that people wished it had had kept Brian Cranston around longer. My complaint for most of the human characters in KotM is the exact opposite.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

precision posted:

"Circus" is almost a movie.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I saw GvK in IMAX and it ruled. I didn't have high expectations, all I wanted was giant monsters fighting and I got a big, dumb spectacle. Throw in the hollow earth stuff and the ancestral Kong family axe and I can excuse any other faults it had.

Still never seen KOTM.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not sure if it was on purpose but like how the control setup for Mechagodzilla is basically a Drift.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

well why not posted:

I liked G14, K:SI and GvK. KOTM is a big step down. None hold a candle the Shin Godzilla, or the masterwork that is Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim is a big stinky dookie. Shin Godzilla is a masterpiece, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Godzilla vs. Kong was a remarkably boring movie for what the title was